Connie Kendall

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Connie Kendall?

Best character love her :P
60%
Like her not my favourite character :?
40%
She's awful I've never really liked her :x
No votes
HORRIBLE :evil:
No votes

Total votes: 15

Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

Connie Kendall

Do you like Connie Kendall? I like her not me favourite character.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Everybody Loves CONNIE!!!!! tho she is kind of boring in the new ones
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I reallllly like the adult female characters they make the show better!!!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

fodo14 wrote:Everybody Loves CONNIE!!!!! tho she is kind of boring in the new ones
You are right. Recently, Connie has been more of a fill-in than a character. She is starting to come back, but I feel that she should stop making plans and start fulfilling them.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Can you give us more poll options. What about in the middle?

I LOVE HER

I like her

She okay

To annoying

HORRIBLE!
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Rosy
Cookie Dough

She is one of my favorites! But I agree, they should make her have a bigger role in future episodes.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I Love Connie! She's one of my many favorites!! :D
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

So I realized that there isn’t a single topic on just Connie! (except for the little poll back on page 6…)

What do you all think of Connie? Was her character developed well over the years?

I think that Connie is one of my favorite characters; Odyssey wouldn’t be what it is to me without Connie. I relate to her more than any of the other characters. We have seen many sides to Connie over the years and watched her go through a lot; her parents’ divorce, grandmother’s death, graduation problems, boyfriend/fiancé problems, job choices, etc. Lately though I have found her character to be shallow. She is becoming a fixture of Odyssey, like a beloved coat rack that is now gathering dust in the corner. Her character has almost no change in lifestyle/progression of character development. She is just an agent to help the other characters progress.

This saddens me. I miss the Connie who was curious and stubborn and emotional teenager. I don’t really care for her character as I have seen it in more recent episodes. I really hope that album 57 will really push her character back into motion because I love Connie.

Thoughts?
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Forehead whacking moment. I did think of this once upon a time. Why didn't I do it!? Well, thank you for doing this, Waldo. (Waits for others to realize there isn't a Bernard topic either.)
Some will join you in saying Connie has been rather drab recently. I think I would be right in naming you husband, for instance. (What a coincidence.) But what makes her seem shallow to you? One wonders how you can find such a funny, multi-layered, sympathetic character shallow in any way.
We all know 57 will put Connie in a different light. But let's not all go, "Thank goodness Connie is finally on her way. She's been so shallow and boring." She hasn't.
If she has, then give us an example. Because there are plenty of examples to show she isn't...
"Penny, you are my new best friend."
"Your secret's safe with me, Wooton."
"So Maureen is actually... good for you?"
"Is there a limit for inspiration?"
"Well, Whit has a way of getting us every time."
She is a friend, a mentor, an immature goof, a dedicated Christian. A bickering friend to Eugene, a daughter to Whit, a a sad ex lover to Mitch, a best friend to Penny... It's an eternal list. Shallow?
Right.
That's rather a shallow thing to say.
Connie has grown and grow and grown over the years. She is one of the finest
and most believable and charming characters in all of entertainment history.
"God loves you, Connie."
The Inspiration Station
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

First off, you called me "Waldo" =o

Hmm, I guess "shallow" wasn't the right word on my part. As I said in my previous post, Connie is one of my favorite characters and we have been through a lot with her. BUT lately I just feel like her character is stagnant? She isn't moving anywhere, she is stuck in a rut. Yes, she is befriending Penny and still mentoring others. But she isn't actually moving anywhere, her roles are to help others progress yet she is still in the shadows.

I'm not saying that all characters HAVE to be progressing or having action in their lives at the moment. But there has been little-to-no development for her from what I have noticed. Most Odyssey characters get removed when they stop developing. Whit doesn't seem to develop much either but that's never really been his character, he isn't growing up. Eh, not sure if that makes sense.

Hmm, Connie isn't a drab character, she just has so much potential and she isn't being active at the moment, she's been stuck in the same place, in my opinion, for a while. Which is what saddens me.

I have always loved Connie though, her temper and curiosity and her overal personality is just really... familiar to me I suppose. She has been a role model of sorts, how she has always been one to accept advice eventually and she does change.

But is she done changing?

(I need to go back and listen to the more recent episodes.. well, all episodes really. *adds to her to-do list for the summer*)
Odyssey Fan Wiley
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

I don't know Wall-E, honestly over the pasted few albums Connie has kinda been put on the shelf (so to say) but I don't think she isn't growing or developing, I just think they have been showing the life's of others, but Connie is still growing and changing a bit, but honestly how much do you change through out college? Yes you learn, yes you do grow, you are always growing, but it's a fact of life, adults do not grow or change as quickly as children, and like it or not Connie is an adult character now, she is no longer a kid, so to keep this show kid relatable, you have to tone down your adult character and lessons. Also you have to step back and look at Odyssey's audience, 8-12 year olds, of 2013 which are a lot less mature then 8-12 of 80s 90s, 2000s, so they have to keep things with in the balance yes it's a family show, but families have changed so Odyssey has changed, characters must change to meet a different needs of the audience.
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.