Katrina Shanks-Meltsner

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Katrina Shanks-Meltsner

I don't think there is a topic about Katrina =o

Katrina isn't one of the "main" characters of Odyssey but she is one that is always there, near and dear to us.

Katrina's character has changed a lot from the first time we met her, to the present time. She has become less wordy and scholarly and more kind hearted and wise. She and Eugene both used to be very nerdy and their characters were good for each other. With the changing circumstances, a new voice actress, years of time - Katrina has changed. Her character has developed and become one that is more motherly and compassionate. It's fitting and a good match for her. Eugene and Katrina continue to be great for each other, complimenting the other's personality and changing together.

What have been some of your favorite Katrina moments? Thoughts about her? Do you like her, or dislike her? Do you like the current Katrina better, or the previous one? Are Katrina and Eugene a good fit for each other?
Odyssey Fan Wiley
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

She's not near and dear to me!! :evil: Just kidding... Kind of.

I have never been a huge Katrina fan. She's just... alright. I've never seen much special about her, she was just Eugene's clone: a character created for the sole purpose of falling in love with him.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I think it would've been better if she had married Brandon and they could have an episode with Eugene about how you can't always get what you want. That way Eugene could've stayed single and still be himself.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
the horse lover
Vanilla

Novatom wrote:I think it would've been better if she had married Brandon and they could have an episode with Eugene about how you can't always get what you want. That way Eugene could've stayed single and still be himself.

I agree! Eugene changed to much with a wife!! :( :cry:
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Welcome, the horse lover. Time to rant now.

I can totally see you two as siblings, CreativeThinker and Novatom. It's funny how a family's views on Adventures in Odyssey are similar quite a bit of the time. Katrina is so much more than that. She was made, in her original purpose, to be a "clone" for Eugene, but that plan went awry as soon as she became a Christian. I waited for 18 albums for them to tie the knot, and then they disappeared for seven. Ugh.

Eugene did change with his wife, I won't deny that. However, most people lose sight of this simple point: Truth not bad all the time. I put that simply. :D This topic is about Katrina, so let's stick with her. Right off the bat, her voice is sultry and beautiful. I was so delighted when they started using her in Album 53 on. If there's at least one Katrina episode in each new album, I'm content. She's really not like Eugene anymore. Sure, she has an extensive vernacular, but she's gone through some of the most trying circumstances of any character on the show, which brought about her increased individuality.

1). She put up with Eugene for 18 albums before they got married. That's enough reason to give her kudos. She has patience.
2). She put up with Eugene and mellowed him out in the next 20 albums and counting.
3). She's found out she can't have children. Any woman that finds that out is crushed, so you shouldn't go around talking about how bland she is.
4). Her father was killed by a rogue megacorporation when he found out about their heinous plot.
5). As such, they had to flee the country.
6). They then searched for Leonard Meltsner, who was trapped in the depths of Zaire.
7). She has an independent streak, which can make for interesting circumstances, like her haircut in You're Two Kind.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

She is quite an impressive woman indeed, Eugene is lucky to have her!
I think it is awesome that she had noticed Eugene's periwinkle blue eyes while Eugene was busy rambling (not like Eugene isn't awesome).
I would really like to have more of her in upcoming episodes, she really has been making a comeback, back still, appeared in very few episodes compared to other small characters.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

The Old Judge wrote:
1). She put up with Eugene for 18 albums before they got married. That's enough reason to give her kudos. She has patience.
2). She put up with Eugene and mellowed him out in the next 20 albums and counting.
3). She's found out she can't have children. Any woman that finds that out is crushed, so you shouldn't go around talking about how bland she is.
4). Her father was killed by a rogue megacorporation when he found out about their heinous plot.
6). They then searched for Leonard Meltsner, who was trapped in the depths of Zaire.
7). She has an independent streak, which can make for interesting circumstances, like her haircut in You're Two Kind.
Wow! You're sooo right! She's patient, and there is no better person for Eugene than her! But I won't take back what I said! I will compromise, since you have such a great argument. Katerina and Eugene should have gotten married; but Katerina could be still less of a character, and she could be kind of like Mod. That way, Eugene would have stayed his nerdy self.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

The Old Judge wrote:
Wow ......you just pointed out to me how terrible Katrina's life really is.
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

Come on guys! Haven't any of you realized that Katrina actually puts up with Eugene? I mean if I were her I would fall apart a week after the honeymoon. Katrina is ironwoman. Seriously. ;)
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I don't like Katrina that much. She is kinda annoying and I just don't like her any more.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

:cry: :x How could you say such a thing?
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I love Katrina! Unfortunately I did not listen to AIO in order so I first heard Katrina in Back to Abnormal and Lost and Found. It took a long time for me to figure out her whole "back story". But now that I understand more, her character has really grown in my eyes. She and Eugene are great together.
Last edited by GratiaDei on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I love Katrina! She's one of my favorite characters (in fact, Katrina was gonna be my user name). I love her softness. I think she's perfect for Eugene. ;)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage