Jay Smouse

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Jay?

Love him, he's the best character ever :P
58%
He's ok not my favourite :?
38%
He's such a bully, I don't like him at all :evil:
4%
He's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE :twisted:
No votes

Total votes: 26

Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

Jay Smouse

There isn't any reason to like Jay. He's almost the worst character. He is such a bully.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Have you listened to Album 55? I haven't, but from what I've heard, Jay's begun a reforming process. He's not all bad, even at the beginning, proved in Album 52, which I HAVE listened to. In The Malted Milkball Falcon, Jay says, "I didn't do anything wrong this time. I admitted that I was asleep. Whoo-Hoo!"
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

The Old Judge wrote:Have you listened to Album 55? I haven't, but from what I've heard, Jay's begun a reforming process. He's not all bad, even at the beginning, proved in Album 52, which I HAVE listened to. In The Malted Milkball Falcon, Jay says, "I didn't do anything wrong this time. I admitted that I was asleep. Whoo-Hoo!"

I have not listened to album 55 yet. Yes that did happen in album 52 but I still think he's bad.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
Rosy
Cookie Dough

In "Mistaken for Good" Jay feels guilty for tricking an old lady with one of his friends. He then gets himself in trouble so that his friend will stop. I think that he's funny, and that they are using him as an replacement for Rodney, except he's nicer. I think that he's becoming a better character.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I think Jay still has a bad side, but it's not as bad as Vance. Jay's character is a great one for the show. He adds a humorous side to a lot of things. He's great.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I loved the other side of him that we saw in Mistaken for Good. He was compassionate for the old lady (can't remember her name). He was so sweet in that episode. I like how he can get away with being an actor and such, Rodney could have never pulled that off. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Katerina Meltsner wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:Have you listened to Album 55? I haven't, but from what I've heard, Jay's begun a reforming process. He's not all bad, even at the beginning, proved in Album 52, which I HAVE listened to. In The Malted Milkball Falcon, Jay says, "I didn't do anything wrong this time. I admitted that I was asleep. Whoo-Hoo!"

I have not listened to album 55 yet. Yes that did happen in album 52 but I still think he's bad.
The reason I like jay is cause hes mean. ;). And besides hes not really that maen at all. And he is SUPER FUNNY :D
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Godsgirl6153 wrote:I loved the other side of him that we saw in Mistaken for Good. He was compassionate for the old lady (can't remember her name). He was so sweet in that episode. I like how he can get away with being an actor and such, Rodney could have never pulled that off. :)
The old lady is Mrs. Wilson. That's why i like this episode too. He's a little rough around the edges, but he still makes good decisions when he needs to.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Katerina Meltsner wrote:There isn't any reason to like Jay. He's almost the worst character. He is such a bully.
Jay is not the worst character. He is a really good one. He is funny and not as much as a bully as Rodney. I like Rodney better though.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Favorite kid since the relaunch, and also, Whit Hertford is an AWESOME guy if you ever get a chance to talk to him.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

I absolutely LOVE Jay! He is definetly my favorite character from the relaunch. Move aside Buck.

Do you know who Jay reminds me of? On Adventures in Odyssey of course. I'll wait.....................
Richard Maxwell
Why? Well they have similar voices and similar personalities. I like to imagine that Jay is a younger, him...
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Godsgirl6153 wrote:I loved the other side of him that we saw in Mistaken for Good. He was compassionate for the old lady (can't remember her name). He was so sweet in that episode. I like how he can get away with being an actor and such, Rodney could have never pulled that off. :)
I agree! I would pass out if Rodney did that sort off thing!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Jay Smouse is winning MANY fans. He even brought Wit Hertford an Avery Award. But is he a good-guy character or the new Rodney? Is he an in-between? Will he grow kinder as the series progresses? SHOULD he grow kinder? Is Jay a bad influence, as he is immoral yet portrayed as amusing and likable? Will the other characters continue to loath him, or warm up to him? Is he as funny as Rodney was? Jay, for better or worse, is here as the new Odyssey scapegoat: does he deserve the title? Let's talk it up!
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I don't know, he is very different from Rodney. In Mistaken For Good (loved that episode, BTW) he has a conscience, and gets himself in trouble to reveal the wrong. (This episode also almost made me cry)

Oh, Pound Foolish, could you please change your main font color? Reading the red hurts my eyes.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I believe he has hope of becoming a Christian!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

He certainly does. Of course, he could already be Christian. Being Christian doesn't make you nice. Has the series ever said definitely he isn't Christian? I don't think so.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

But if u are a Christian ur attitude would be nice even if ur not nice all the time
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

gabbygirl17 wrote:But if u are a Christian ur attitude would be nice even if ur not nice all the time
Amen to that.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Actually... no. If I understand you, you're saying Christians have a good attitude. Cute thought, but some of the worlds most cruel and evil people have been Christians. Sorry. A Christian is someone who believes in God and Jesus as savior and almighty creator and accepts him into your heart. You can do that and still make incorrect decisions. We have free will. The question of Jay's religion is open.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

[quote="Pound Foolish"]]Actually... no. If I understand you, you're saying Christians have a good attitude. Cute thought, but some of the worlds most cruel and evil people have been Christians. Sorry. A Christian is someone who believes in God and Jesus as savior and almighty creator and accepts him into your heart. You can do that and still make incorrect decisions. We have free will. The question of Jay's religion is open.[/color]

Cute thought?? But Christians who have accepted Jesus wont be cruel or evil ....
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16