Jay Smouse

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Do you like Jay?

Love him, he's the best character ever :P
58%
He's ok not my favourite :?
38%
He's such a bully, I don't like him at all :evil:
4%
He's HORRIBLE HORRIBLE :twisted:
No votes

Total votes: 26

Oliver
Cookies & Creme

fodo your are soo right jay is awesome
LOTR IS AWESOME
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I gasp to realize I have not posted on this topic! I personally love Jay!
I suppose I would have to consider him "technically" a bad guy. Though, on the other hand, I hear episodes like "Mistaken for Good," and think Jay isn't all that bad. I find him to be a character who more believable... Not to dis any of the other characters (and definitely not Emily.)
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:But where does AIO establish that Jay is living with a single parent?
Hmm...I'm wondering the same thing. I've heard nearly all (if not all) the episodes with Jay, and don't recall him being the child of a single parent. Interesting. Does anyone else know anything about this?
Come to think of it, there aren't many single parents in the history of Odyssey, I can name about four, Jana Whittaker-Dowd, Curt's father, Ms. McKay and Ms. Kendall. Anyone else?
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Yes, that one episode when Jason gets stuck at this one familys house, while Connie trys to keep the kids at the Timothy Center calm.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well, this is a Christian children's show... Still, single parents are the norm now, sadly. Most children are dealing with that story element as a real fact in their lives. Perhaps AIO should indeed have more single parents. On the other hand, accounting for Jay's occasional meanness and social ineptness by adding single parental scapegoats would be a rather overly negative introduction for them. After all, single parent children by and large in reality are as nice as anyone else. On the other hand, Jay's family is the only family right now that we never see.
Significant.
Odyssey is hinting something.
And after all, that sounds like the best way to handle it so kids in that situation aren't offended. Very likely... That puts Jay in a whole perspective.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Totally His
Chocolate Chip

Jay is so kewl! I hope he stays for ever!! ;)
The greatest single cause for atheists in the world today, is Christians. Who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and walk out the door, and deny him with their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

My friends don't like him because they think he's making up for Rodney... but I think he's completely different in the bully world! Overall... I look forward to all the episodes he's in!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage