It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:02 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:13 pm 
Banana Fudge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 2451
Gender: Male
John Henry wrote:
Hello everybody, I hate Eugene :twisted: . I hate intellectuals.
And God resists the proud.


You'll be angry when you read this :lol: , but go on and attack my ideas!


Yes, God resists the proud.

But people have character flaws, so suck it up.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:14 pm 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm
Posts: 2645
Gender: Female
Mr. Whit's End wrote:
But people have character flaws, so suck it up.


^^^Favorite post.

_________________
Duchess of Logic and Interim President Pro Tempore in the Court of the Debate Vampires

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:15 pm 
Caramel Crunch

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:22 am
Posts: 135
Location: Odyssey, Ohio
Gender: Male
Ditto of TigerShadow


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 pm 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm
Posts: 2645
Gender: Female
What intrigues me, JH, is that you claim to dislike Eugene because apparently all intellectuals are arrogant, yet you like Jason Whittaker, who demonstrates how cocky he is several times. Is he suddenly saved from being evil and unlikeable because he isn't an "intellectual"?

_________________
Duchess of Logic and Interim President Pro Tempore in the Court of the Debate Vampires

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:22 pm 
Caramel Crunch

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:22 am
Posts: 135
Location: Odyssey, Ohio
Gender: Male
Good point, TigerShAdow


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:17 pm 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:54 am
Posts: 1367
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Sometime!
Gender: Female
John Henry wrote:
Hello everybody, I hate Eugene :twisted: . I hate intellectuals.
And God resists the proud.


You'll be angry when you read this :lol: , but go on and attack my ideas!

Come on Eugene is so cool :D Really these reasons :x

_________________
Image
Proud K.R.E Member


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:02 am 
Peach Cobbler

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 am
Posts: 1430
Gender: None specified
I don't like his intellectual jargon, and neither does Tom Riley or Bernard...


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:01 am 
Banana Fudge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 2451
Gender: Male
Since when does being exact about facts equal jargon? Frankly, I couldn't care less if Bernard or Tom Riley don't like him. They are fictional characters and so their opinions should not affect mine.

Oh, and JH. I couldn't help but notice that you still haven't answered any of the questions that we asked earlier. Something you don't want to say?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:40 am 
Peach Cobbler

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 am
Posts: 1430
Gender: None specified
At least Jason Whittaker doesn't use that jargon. He speaks English.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:48 am 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm
Posts: 2645
Gender: Female
Again—just because jargon annoys you doesn't mean intellectuals are bad people.

_________________
Duchess of Logic and Interim President Pro Tempore in the Court of the Debate Vampires

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 am 
Peach Cobbler

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 am
Posts: 1430
Gender: None specified
Then why does Eugene speak like that? I never seen nor heard nor read anyone (except for C.S. Lewis) talk like that.

-- Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:24 pm --

Then why does Eugene speak like that? I never seen nor heard nor read anyone (except for C.S. Lewis) talk like that.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 am 
Banana Fudge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 2451
Gender: Male
Why do you care? Are you seriously complaining because someone speaks differently than you? Are people in accents bad too? Do you hate everyone that speaks differently than you?

Also, if you don't understand what Eugene is saying, use a dictionary.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 am 
Caramel Crunch

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:22 am
Posts: 135
Location: Odyssey, Ohio
Gender: Male
Dunno why use hate Eugene. He is awesome, awesome, awesome, and awesome!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:52 am 
Banana Fudge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 am
Posts: 2451
Gender: Male
John Henry wrote:
At least Jason Whittaker doesn't use that jargon. He speaks English.


You still didn't answer the question. Scared?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:54 am
Posts: 1367
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Sometime!
Gender: Female
Really JH. ya why aren't you answering the questions hu..

_________________
Image
Proud K.R.E Member


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:01 pm 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm
Posts: 2645
Gender: Female
John Henry wrote:
Then why does Eugene speak like that? I never seen nor heard nor read anyone (except for C.S. Lewis) talk like that.


News flash: People can speak however they so choose. I speak in a manner very similar to Eugene. Have you ever considered that some people wish to use precise language to describe what they are talking about? It has nothing to do with arrogance; it is a stylistic choice.

To borrow the colloquialism, get over yourself. People don't have to speak in a way that pleases you in order to be good people. It's fine if it just bothers you that Eugene uses that language because you don't understand what he's saying; it's not fine to declare that he's an evil arrogant jerk solely because you don't personally prefer the way he talks.

_________________
Duchess of Logic and Interim President Pro Tempore in the Court of the Debate Vampires

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:03 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 520
Location: Riding a pig.
Gender: Male
I don't need a dictionary...

_________________
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:57 pm 
Peach Cobbler

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 am
Posts: 1430
Gender: None specified
It is weird for Eugene to talk like that, Madame HomeschoolCowGirl. Why doesn't he speak English (Connie Kendall agrees)?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:01 am 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm
Posts: 2645
Gender: Female
He is speaking English. He's simply using more precise vocabulary words.

_________________
Duchess of Logic and Interim President Pro Tempore in the Court of the Debate Vampires

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Eugene Meltsner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:02 am 
Peach Cobbler

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:08 am
Posts: 1430
Gender: None specified
Have you never listened to Suspicious Minds?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net