It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:02 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 pm
Posts: 354
Gender: None specified
This is a topic that comes up a lot, but I'm curious. How old do you imagine the characters of Odyssey to be? Do they age? How fast?

Here's how I depict the ages of the characters

Whit: In my mind he's been the same age the entire show, 70 yrs old.
Connie: She ages very slowly. Beginning of show maybe 16 or 17. Now I imagine her to be 24 or 25
Penny: A little older than Connie at 26-28
Wooton: early Thirties.
Jason: Barely ages, beginning of show late 20's, now 33, 34.
Tom: A steady 70's
Jack: Same as Whit
Eugene: A little older than Connie, maybe 28.

Feel free to add characters in your list. How old do you imagine them to be?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:12 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:18 pm
Posts: 2032
Gender: Male
First of all, I would like to introduce you to a concept I formulated a year ago called Odyssey Time.
Now, AIO writers knew their time was warped because of Katie Leigh's voice, but this is the actual scientific approach to it:

When Connie came to Odyssey in 1987, she was sixteen.
When Connie graduated in 1997, she was eighteen.
Thus, one Odyssey year equals five Normal years.

So, if Whit was in WWII, he'd at least have to be born in 1928.
By 1987, the start of the show, Whit would have been about 59 years old.
Using Odyssey Time, only five years have passed, placing Whit's age to be about 64 years old.

_________________
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:13 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:18 pm
Posts: 2032
Gender: Male
Oh, and Connie would be 21.

_________________
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 pm 
Lemon Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 3066
Location: Next to a volcano! (Seriously!)
Gender: Male
Jason wrote:
This is a topic that comes up a lot, but I'm curious. How old do you imagine the characters of Odyssey to be? Do they age? How fast?

Here's how I depict the ages of the characters

Whit: In my mind he's been the same age the entire show, 70 yrs old.
Connie: She ages very slowly. Beginning of show maybe 16 or 17. Now I imagine her to be 24 or 25
Penny: A little older than Connie at 26-28
Wooton: early Thirties.
Jason: Barely ages, beginning of show late 20's, now 33, 34.
Tom: A steady 70's
Jack: Same as Whit
Eugene: A little older than Connie, maybe 28.

Feel free to add characters in your list. How old do you imagine them to be?



Whit: 70s or 80s
Connie: 24
Penny: 28
Wooton: 31
Jason: 38
Tom: 69
Jack: 70s or 80s
Eugene: 27
Matthew: 12
Ollivia: 12
Camilla: 8
Emily: 11
Pricilla: 11
Barrett: 10
Buck: 14
Harlow Doyle: 41
Monty Whittaker: 22


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:32 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:18 pm
Posts: 2032
Gender: Male
Barrett is either twelve or thirteen.
Tom is 75 or older.
Bernard is 59.
Agnes Riley is 72.
Joanne is 61.

_________________
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 pm 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:35 am
Posts: 938
Location: The Shire
Gender: Female
Whit: 84
Connie: 23
Eugene: 32
Penny: 24
Wooton: 33
Jason: 42
Tom: 87
Jack: 83
Matthew: 11
Olivia: 13
Camilla: 9
Emily: 11
Pricilla: 13
Barret: 14
Buck: 14
Harlow: 43
Monty: 22
(I have an age set in my mind for everyone, so if you're wondering how old I think other characters are just ask me)

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 pm
Posts: 354
Gender: None specified
The Old Judge wrote:
First of all, I would like to introduce you to a concept I formulated a year ago called Odyssey Time.
Now, AIO writers knew their time was warped because of Katie Leigh's voice, but this is the actual scientific approach to it:

When Connie came to Odyssey in 1987, she was sixteen.
When Connie graduated in 1997, she was eighteen.
Thus, one Odyssey year equals five Normal years.

So, if Whit was in WWII, he'd at least have to be born in 1928.
By 1987, the start of the show, Whit would have been about 59 years old.
Using Odyssey Time, only five years have passed, placing Whit's age to be about 64 years old.


Just curious; What does that make Monty's age if one is using this formula?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:30 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:18 pm
Posts: 2032
Gender: Male
Now, in Album 53 Monty was in his twenties thus putting him at 15 when he appeared on Album 7 for Christmas.
However, he was technically 13 or 14 when those shows appeared, putting him at approximately 18-20 year old range.
Odyssey Time, though it works in most cases, as in the case of Monty, is more of an approximation.
Truly, it's very effective.

_________________
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 pm
Posts: 354
Gender: None specified
The Old Judge wrote:
Now, in Album 53 Monty was in his twenties thus putting him at 15 when he appeared on Album 7 for Christmas.
However, he was technically 13 or 14 when those shows appeared, putting him at approximately 18-20 year old range.
Odyssey Time, though it works in most cases, as in the case of Monty, is more of an approximation.
Truly, it's very effective.


He sounded younger to me in those episodes, like say 9 or ten. But I see your point, it's a theory that has potential for loose ends.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 475
Gender: Female
Whit:80's
Tom:70's
Bernard:late60's
Connie:37
Eugene:40
Wooton:27
Emily:10
Matthew:12

_________________
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:58 pm 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 1958
Location: Forever Yours
Gender: Female
Wooton Bassett wrote:

Whit: 70s or 80s
Connie: 24
Penny: 28
Wooton: 31
Jason: 38
Tom: 69
Jack: 70s or 80s
Eugene: 27
Matthew: 12
Ollivia: 12
Camilla: 8
Emily: 11
Pricilla: 11
Barrett: 10
Buck: 14
Harlow Doyle: 41
Monty Whittaker: 22

In some of the episodes, I thought Emily said Barret was her older brother, not younger. But other than that, I'd say this is how old I imagine everyone being.

_________________
Image
꿈. 희망. 전진.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:35 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 475
Gender: Female
underseasie wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:

Whit: 70s or 80s
Connie: 24
Penny: 28
Wooton: 31
Jason: 38
Tom: 69
Jack: 70s or 80s
Eugene: 27
Matthew: 12
Ollivia: 12
Camilla: 8
Emily: 11
Pricilla: 11
Barrett: 1
Buck: 14
Harlow Doyle: 41
Monty Whittaker: 22

In some of the episodes, I thought Emily said Barret was her older brother, not younger. But other than that, I'd say this is how old I imagine everyone being.



I think their around that age too.

_________________
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 am 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 am
Posts: 948
Location: Somewhere
Gender: Female
Eugene and katrina, 30
emily 12
matthew 11
barret 13
priscilla 13
cammila 9
olivia 12
penny 22
connie 22
wooton 25
whit 70
tom 70
bernard 55
rodney 15

_________________
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"


Last edited by GabrielleFandomGirl on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm 
Lemon Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 3066
Location: Next to a volcano! (Seriously!)
Gender: Male
gablerbage8 wrote:
Eugene and katrina, 30
emily 12
matthew 11
barret 13
priscilla 13
cammila 9
olivia 12
penny 22
connie 22
wooton 25
whit 70
tom 70
bernard 55

this is another great list, only in Odyssey Sings Wooton says he is in his 30s


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:29 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 pm
Posts: 2239
Location: Gone to college.
Gender: Male
I'm talking about the kids.
I don't know what to think about their ages. All the kids sound to old now to be 11 and 12 y/o's. I think they sound more like 15 y/o's, which is the case, since they're all older than their character ages.
Even Camilla. In The Holy Hoopster, she sounded like a 12 or 13 y/o.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm 
Pistachio
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 1024
Gender: Female
i think penny is younger than connie because she seems to learn a lot from her

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 am
Posts: 948
Location: Somewhere
Gender: Female
Okay, I'll try again: Whit 63
Connie 21
Eugene 27
Wooton 25
Tom 67
Jason 28
Penny 21
Emily 11
Matthew 11
Cammilla 9 1/2
Barrett 14
Priscilla 13
Jay 12
Olivia 11
Valerie 13
Ryan !2 1/2

-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm --

Okay, I'll try again: Whit 63
Connie 21
Eugene 27
Wooton 25
Tom 67
Jason 28
Penny 21
Emily 11
Matthew 11
Cammilla 9 1/2
Barrett 14
Priscilla 13
Jay 12
Olivia 11
Valerie 13
Ryan !2 1/2

-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm --

Okay, I'll try again: Whit 63
Connie 21
Eugene 27
Wooton 25
Tom 67
Jason 28
Penny 21
Emily 11
Matthew 11
Cammilla 9 1/2
Barrett 14
Priscilla 13
Jay 12
Olivia 11
Valerie 13
Ryan !2 1/2

-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:57 pm --

Okay, I'll try again: Whit 63
Connie 21
Eugene 27
Wooton 25
Tom 67
Jason 28
Penny 21
Emily 11
Matthew 11
Cammilla 9 1/2
Barrett 14
Priscilla 13
Jay 12
Olivia 11
Valerie 13
Ryan !2 1/2

-- Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 pm --

Oh! I did not mean quadruple click!

_________________
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 pm 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 2595
Location: A place I like to call "Home"
Gender: Male
Olivia should be older than Matthew, since she is his older sister.

Gablerbage I don't think you can post that many times, when no one posted after you. You should have just edited your first post.

_________________
Image
^^ Props to Belle ^^


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:36 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 pm
Posts: 2239
Location: Gone to college.
Gender: Male
Emily and Matthew are in at least high school. Which would make them at least 14.
Because in "The Lost Riddle", they use high school lockers. And why would they use high school lockers if they were still in middle school?

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How old are they?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 pm 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:09 pm
Posts: 2595
Location: A place I like to call "Home"
Gender: Male
Nelson S. wrote:
Emily and Matthew are in at least high school. Which would make them at least 14.
Because in "The Lost Riddle", they use high school lockers. And why would they use high school lockers if they were still in middle school?

How do you know they used high school lockers? And I think all the kid characters are in middle school.

_________________
Image
^^ Props to Belle ^^


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net