The Untold Story: Jenny Whittaker (Whit's Granddaughter)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
Jason
Cookies & Creme

The Untold Story: Jenny Whittaker (Whit's Granddaughter)

In the GRC we hear of Monty but what about Jenny? From The Reluctant Rival we know that she's very caring, and puts others first even when it means personal loss. We also know from ice fishing and the reluctant rival that she's smart and talented and is great at just about everything she tries.

So what becomes of her? My speculation:

Jenny grows up, and graduates high school and college early. She keeps in touch with both her grandfather and Eugene because both are people who have inspired her in her studies and life in general. She goes on to travel to exotic and wild places to learn more about the environment and life in general. During a trip to Spain, while doing study on human emotion she came across an emotion that was relatively new to her; Love. She meets a man who steals her heart, but she becomes confused. What does love really look like outside family? She grows closer to him and something becomes painfully clear. This guy loved her with the kind of love that her grandfather does. That unconditional love that comes from loving and knowing Christ. After some in depth conversations about this she realizes that her faith hadn't been as important to her in recent years as it should have been. She made the decision to renew her relationship with Christ, and then she married the guy. She later wrote a book entitled; How God Used Spain to Steal and Renew my Heart.

What are your thoughts on what could happen to Jenny?
James?
Caramel Crunch

Jenny quits high school and goes on to lead an interesting life as a burger flipper at MickyD's.
I hear weird is the new normal..........I think I'll fit in well.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

James? wrote:Jenny quits high school and goes on to lead an interesting life as a burger flipper at MickyD's.

wow haha! "great life" lol
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Jason
Cookies & Creme

James? wrote:Jenny quits high school and goes on to lead an interesting life as a burger flipper at MickyD's.
So Jenny quits high school because she's not challenged enough? Somehow I don't see this being within her character because she loves to learn so much. However, it is an interesting speculation.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Unfortunately, we don't own that album, so I have no clue what Jenny is like. So she could have been abducted and abandoned on the moon for all I know. Hey! Now that would be neat! When we do own that album, I'll post an idea here.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I could definitely see Jenny doing great things with her intelligence, and also struggling spiritually. I like your idea of her meeting her future husband and renewing her heart. I am going to think a little about what she could do intellectually.
Pound Foolish wrote:Unfortunately, we don't own that album, so I have no clue what Jenny is like. So she could have been abducted and abandoned on the moon for all I know. Hey! Now that would be neat! When we do own that album, I'll post an idea here.
Well, no wonder you like the new era more than I do! How could you have gone this long without hearing Jenny?

As the briefest of descriptions, she is comparable to a young female Eugene. She is incredibly talented intellectually and musically (something even I can recognize).
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Floral Filly
Caramel Crunch

I like Jason's idea.They should use that. She could become a writer, then her streak ends, so her husband has to take on extra jobs, then they are just about to lose their house, when a kind soul helps them! Ok, a little out of the way, but, it could happen!
Love God, and Love Horses. ~My motto
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

I think Jasons' idea is pretty good, the only issue I see with it is that it seems a little too perfect. AOI has a track record of relationships that, whether they were successful or not, at least started as a 1 Christian and 1 non Christian ordeal. Eugene/Katrina, Whit/Mayor Faye, Jason/Trisha, and Connie/host of bf's, lol. So maybe she does meet this guy, but I would leans towards him not being a Christian and her having to choose between him or her somewhat sketchy faith. Hopefully in the end makes the right choice, moves back to the US. somewhere within a hundred miles Odyssey and starts dating Eugene's younger brother.............or not.

Jimmy Barclay: Faithful companion of Drama Queen, aka Renae.

"And besides, it's salmon patty and broccoli night.......yulghth"
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I would like to see either of those plots occur in AiO.

I would enjoy seeing a variation from a Christian struggling in a relationship with a non-Christian. If Jenny, struggling in her faith, meets a well grounded Christian man, that would be different from the standard Adventures in Odyssey relationship. Jenny might have even strayed far away from her roots in her intellectual pursuits.

I would also like to see your plot, Jimmy. In the past, Odyssey has always made it fairly obvious in a relationship whether one character has accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. In real life, this is often not the case. Even if both people are Christians, they might have majorly different doctrinal beliefs. If Jenny's potential husband was a non-Christian, I would prefer this to not be immediately obvious. Or, possibly, he might have such different interpretations of Scripture that it would be extremely difficult for them to be married together.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Jimmy Barclay
Caramel Crunch

Yea, either would be coo. Maybe they could try something a little different from the norm.

Jimmy Barclay: Faithful companion of Drama Queen, aka Renae.

"And besides, it's salmon patty and broccoli night.......yulghth"