Jimmy Barclay

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Jimmy Barclay

Best character ever :P
14%
Good character not my favourite :?
86%
Don't really like him and I never want to hear from him again :l
No votes
He's HORRIBLE :evil:
No votes

Total votes: 14

Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Aaron Wiley wrote:It'd be nice to at least give the Barclays a mention at some point to let the fans know what's going on with them. it's doubtful we'll hear from JImmy again though... We can still hear from him on TCF and Edwin and the Orbs though (or at least, we hear from Dave Griffen). Speakin' o that, he's on the next episode actually (after the Christmas Special that is).
The next episode on TCF?!

(1,000 post!! :D)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I would like to hear from Jimmy... I mean, He was such a drastic character, That I would LOVE to hear how he ends up! How about you guys?
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Umm have you herd "living in the grey?" At least I think that's what it's called. But I would like to see him back again.
Sage
Caramel Crunch

How come they never had Donna make any appearances? Jimmy has called in Connie's show, had whole episodes devoted to him...but we never hear much about Donna except that she's in college.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Sage wrote:How come they never had Donna make any appearances? Jimmy has called in Connie's show, had whole episodes devoted to him...but we never hear much about Donna except that she's in college.
Actually, by this time, Donna would be out of college. As much as I'd love to learn more about her, I think it'd be kind of awkward,with her most likely married and with kids, and poor ageless Connie still working at Whit' s End like she was back when Donna was 10.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Rosy, with all due respect, we can't let Connie's age get in the way of everything! And it's not like Connie's a teen anymore.
Sage, when did Jimmy call into Connie's show? He had his own show once... But I believe you mean when he came to Odyssey in Triangled and other characters phoned in? But yes, I wish Donna had reappeared at some point. I never loved her all that much, to be honest... I mean, not to say one can't see why others do. But she always seemed like an extension of Connie: over-fond of fashion with a taste for arguing. Still, the Barclay family would have a hole without her. And with all the attention heaped on Jimmy, it would be delight for her to come back.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Pound Foolish, you're right, that's what I meant. Ok that episode made no sense to me...I couldn't figure out why they were all chasing after baby-voiced Lucy? I never liked Lucy much tbh. She should have gone for Curt, plus her and Jack were never that good of friends and she isn't Jimmy's type.
Anyways...well I think that was almost the plan with Donna. Just as she did with Aubrey, Connie was Lucy's self-appointed mentor and I think she influenced her a lot. In Preachers Kid and An Encounter with Mrs. Hooper, Donna showed some admirable character; but sometimes it did seem that she had to play the stereotypical girl who consisted of self-centered plans, mall obsessive and boy crazy. Now Jimmy...he was special. And how come they never mention Stewart? Ah well...I was always jealouse over their allowances. As a kid I never got an allowance lol.
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

The actor that played Jimmy's voice changed, so Jimmy had to say farewell to Odyssey. I understand that, but I've always hoped that Stewart/Steward (I can't tell which one when they say it) would carry on Jimmy's legacy.

-- Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 am --
HannahJ. wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:
Jason wrote:

Yes. It is a good idea, but there is 2 flaws. They will probably never mix old Odyssey (Jimmy or his journal) with new Odyssey (Matthew). And second, they will most likely never bring back Wonderworld.
I don't know. I think wonderworld has it's potential of coming back. It is an Odyssian Landmark after all.

Thanks HannahJ, maybe I'll consider that sometime.
Your Welcome! I don't see why they wouldn't bring back WonderLand. It would be cool it they have it that Matthew just was taking a walk and looks up and sees this BIG Tree House I climbs up and finds the journal in a chest!![/quote]

Hmm, yeah! That's cool! The last I remember of Wonderworld (not wonderLAND) was that part in the novacom saga (dramatic music plays) when they were sitting up there trying to figure out AREM! Just to
make sure this rings a bell, here is a line from the scene: Alex:"Hey guys! Look what happens when you take the M and put it in the front! It spells MARE! Mayor Margret Fae!" Cal: "Ooooh!"
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I think it would be nice for Jimmy to come back, but I don't want him to come back as an adult, which is what he'd have to be unless a different actor played him. And a different actor would ruin Jimmy, because we're all so used to his voice.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

CreativeThinker101 wrote:People keep forgetting that Jimmy did come back... three times! First in it's a Pokenberry Christmas, then in Living in the Gray, and then in The Triangled Web! And shouldn't this be in character discussion?

I know this was awhile ago ^ and I don't know if any1 replied but it's in the future of aio because it's the future you know it would be in the future if Jimmy came back you know what I mean?

@Novatom, I think it would be ok if he came back as an adult they have made him come back as an adult before plus you don't need to worry about that because he probably is never coming back.
LOTR IS AWESOME
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Frankly, Jimmy is a bit on the colorless side. He's believable and well crafted, but it's surprising how many fans he has. What did he do in his episodes that was particularly memorable? He never helped stop a counterfieting ring, do a play starring the Whit's End gang, or switched places with his parents. He was always just Jimmy, going on the IS over and over and arguing with Donna over and over and had vacation problems... over and over.
Jimmy is a good character. A very good character. But his reputation seems to be his prominence in AIO history and our childhoods than anything else. After all, we all grew up with him. Would we be as fond of him if Jimmy were introduced today? Think about it. If he'd never been in a show before, would he stand out among such beloved new favorites Mrs. Kramer, Ryan or Jay?
If kid character, now grown, were to be brought back, some better candidates would be Liz, Jared, or one of the Washington or Mulligan kids.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

he cant come back, some things after being gone should stay gone, we could never have the same experiances we did with jimmy, and Lawrence, that we used to....it just wouldnt be right

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!