Penny Wise

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

how horrible is penny wise?

awful
No votes
idiot
4%
terrible
4%
evil
4%
needs to die
8%
I disagree with all of the above. I love Penny!
79%

Total votes: 24

gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Why is everyone being rude about Penny? She's an awesome character and is kind and good. She's a Christian and had nothing to do with Dr. Trask. She isn't evil or an idiot. She's also Perfect for Wooten. :!: but i did like ya'lls theroys
Last edited by gabbygirl17 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Old Judge wrote:Jason, remember in A Name Not A Number, when Blackgaard ordered a doll for his granddaughter? Hmm.......
But also they said he didnt have a granddaughter! :idea:
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Just because he's evil doesn't mean he's not married. Think. He's really a loving husband, him and Mrs. Blackgaard have been married for 38 years, they had one child, a girl named Christina, and three grandchildren, Jemima, Jonathan, and Josephine.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:Just because he's evil doesn't mean he's not married. Think. He's really a loving husband, him and Mrs. Blackgaard have been married for 38 years, they had one child, a girl named Christina, and three grandchildren, Jemima, Jonathan, and Josephine.
Hmm, not a terrible idea..
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The Old Judge wrote:Just because he's evil doesn't mean he's not married. Think. He's really a loving husband, him and Mrs. Blackgaard have been married for 38 years, they had one child, a girl named Christina, and three grandchildren, Jemima, Jonathan, and Josephine.
That's a great idea.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It fits right in with my theory. But you probably did that on purpose...
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

Wooton Bassett wrote:Maybe Penny is Dr. Blackgaard's daughter. Her real name must be Penelope Blackgaard. She changed it to Penny Wise when she moved to Odyssey. (I knew the name was fake from the beginning.)
Yeah Penny Wise is a weird name for someone.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Penny's a good character! So stop tearing her down! Because you know you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time, and I'm not kidding!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Nice Abe Lincoln quote.

P.S. CreativeThinker101, do you have any ideas for The Courtroom yet?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The Old Judge wrote:Nice Abe Lincoln quote.

I do, but I'll put them in the Courtroom topic.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

CreativeThinker101 wrote:Penny's a good character! So stop tearing her down! Because you know you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time, and I'm not kidding!
Hallelujah! There is someone like me know! I totally agree with you :)
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The Old Judge wrote:Nice Abe Lincoln quote.

Yeah, I put them in the Courtroom topic. And was it an Abe Lincoln quote? I heard it from Bernard in Tom For Mayor. But i guess Bernard is sort of like Abe Lincoln. Kind of, a little. Maybe. Just a tiny bit. Then again, maybe he's not.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ben Warren compared Penny Wise to "some breed of dog."
Good first sentence, hm? I just love good first sentences! Anyways... If you read Ben Warren's amazing reviews, you know that I'm not making things up. Teypically, Ben Warren's stuff smacks me down. But as I'm bothering to bring him up, it's a pretty sure sign I disagree with that quote. Ben Warren really did say Penny is like a dog, claiming he felt sorry for some dogs in an odd way because the look so sad and ugly.
I kinda laughed at this, not unnaturally. But, as it turns out, some people really do have something of a problem with Penny. Why?
Well, I've never really put my finger on that. The complaints range from the aforementioned apparent dog resemblance to her weirdness. One thing I notice, though, I've never seen anyone complain she's too like a cartoon character. She is very akin to the type, yet, unlike Emily's case, no one asserts this is a bad thing. Why is being a cartoon character a bad thing anyway, though? Cartoon characters are fun.
Another assertion is she is too much like Wooton. Absurd. The only reason anyone even notices this much is because they are together so often and have a little bit of sparks between them. If Penny were left alone, her supposed Wooton-ness wouldn't stand out nearly as much. She just likes nutty rides, is somewhat silly. and is candy and licorice struck. Besides that, she's really her own person. She's into art, struggles to stay independent, and even enjoys philosophy. Now, refresh my memory... how often does Wooton talk deep philosophy? And, as The Old Judge said in The Courtroom in Twists and Turns, people complained Katrina and Tasha were just female counterparts for their boys, and they proved, as time went on, they had their own personalities.
What does this overnight Odyssey star have to offer? Unlike most adult characters, she became a major running character right off the bat, without any time to develop much. In fact, rather than continuing to be a significant character, Penny, as many of us know, was created to be a villain and then dropped, but Katie Leigh, who loved Penny's character, umm, changed the writers minds for them.
So, does Penny lack depth? Perhaps. She's a new kid in town. Connie and Eugene took years to become the unforgettable characters they are now. In the meantime, Penny's very funny, has a lot of heart, fights for who she believes she wants to be, and is voiced by Kimmy Robertson, who is proving herself to be a genius.
But... YOUR opinion? Let's talk it up!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Hmmm.. Penny is an interesting character. I kind of have a love|hate relationship... I'm excited to see what they have in store for her, although one thing troubles me. One episode she's not a Christian, and the next she is. Now, maybe I missed something, but it just seems weird to me. And when I hear her and Wooton together, she seems WAY to much like Wooton, so much so, Its felt like he's not as unique as he was before. And I absolutely love Wooton, and for a while, it was because they're was nobody else like him in Odyssey (Except maybe Harlow Doyle, but that's a different story), but now, it can be kind of (censor)ing when they're together, although Childish Things was quite amusing! That is part of my opinion. :)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Since when is someone being alike to another a reason that they shouldn't be together? And there's never been an episode where she isn't Christian. What episode/s make you think she is inconsistently religious?
I can understand feeling Wooton isn't as unique as before, but Penny isn't idiotic or utterly absurd. Wooton is. There will never be another Wooton. And, frankly, Penny is such an addition to the cast, a little stolen limelight from another character isn't much to complain about. Though I understand your feelings.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I hate to admit this, but I'm not a giant fan of her and I have no idea why. Although I've never compared her to a dog. That's just weird. Anyhoo...she has a odd, kind of ditzy personality. Normally I enjoy characters like that, but not so much with Penny. Maybe I'll grow to like her with time, who knows. Oh, and about she and Wooton being so much alike, thats okay, I guess. But opposites always seem to make such a more interesting type of relationship, it adds a bit of diversity, dontchya think? I bet your really going to disagree with what I have to say, aren't you. *ducks flying tomatoes*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Disagree? ME? When do I ever disagree with people? I always try to please!
As far as not liking Penny for no reason that presents itself, that's understandable. Sometimes something grates on a person and you just don't know why. We are all cursed with something called taste.
As far as opposites... perhaps. But that's where taste comes in again. I find Penny and Wooton fantastic together. Their yelling a the amusement park, bumbling, and endless agreeing amuse me greatly. Some people just aren't amused. In fact, some are (censored.) I will say, however, I find this more believable than if Wooton had fallen for an opposite. Say, an attorney. =P
Also, the great lovers of literature, if they start out as opposites, become more like each other. Romeo starts out as a hopeless, s** hungry romantic, and Juliet is a strong willed, sensible girl. But Romeo... let's Juliet change him. He learns from her gentle, subtle scoldings, and grows into a man of bravery and dedication. He grows more like her. They become... more similar.
Wooton is letting Penny change him. Err.. Penny change him. Oops. Please take no notice of accidental awful pun. Anyhow, he now is refocusing his life. It's no longer his main goal in life to have fun and make people in general happy... he's focusing on one person. She. She's his purpose, now.
That's quite the transition.
That brings out the best in Wooton. And that shows Penny is good for him.
For love to work, we men must become more like the woman partner. The differences must be bridged.
Opposites attract... but similarities keep lovers together.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Right, right, your always understanding and agreeable...I must have been thinking of somebody else at the time.=P
I have to admit, Pound Foolish, you words hold wisdom as they often do. Opposites do make things more interesting, but I guess sometimes they aren't in the best interest. Oh, and about Wooton going for an attorney, that would be a disaster...my little hill billy, mother-Theresa-wannabee mom married an attorney and looked what happened! She keeps wanting to adopt more kids and he just nods his head, adds a new room to the house and whips up the paperwork- and here I sit suffering from all these annoying siblings. *sighs* Just kidding...
Anyways, back to Wooton and Penny, I'm starting to realize that maybe Penny will be good for Wooton, but I still think Penny is a bit *censored* at times though, just a little bit.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That's the second time you've said I'm wise... My my. As i said, one can't really help being annoyed by characters. That just happens sometimes. And, yes, your mom apparently made an awful mistake. Interesting to discover your mom's a hillbilly... ;) As for differences, you were partly right. Differences CAN make for more fun love pairs. I'm just saying they're not the focus, not in real life, or, necessarily, fiction. Oh, Suzy, there's a new game going on in general you'll find interesting...
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Now, don't let the "wise" thing get to your head, buster!!!=P But you do make sense once in a while...*smiles*...anyhoo, I have no idea what game your talking about.