The E.R.K. (Emily Rules Klub)

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Classify yourself below.

Emily lover
22%
Emily moderate
21%
ERK lover
14%
ERK moderate
11%
I just like contests
13%
I just like castles
19%

Total votes: 63

MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:War!! Go Forth My Army! *The E.R.K Castle is demolished and the E.R.K runs in terror of my army*
Oh boy.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:We also have 1,000,000 Kirbys, Mario, Luigi, Shadow The Hedgehog, Snake, Samus, Bayonetta, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Bowser, Mega Man, Proto Man, The Avengers, The Justice League, The Legion of Doom, Ridley, and Thanos being led by I, Bandana Dee and my three enforcers,Geno, Cloud, and Sora! Try and stop us!
HOO HOO HOO! HOO HOO HOO!
Edit- Thanos is going to use the Infinity Gauntlet to wipe the E.R.K.(except Helios) so have fun! \:D/ :mrgreen:
You guys are dead. *Thanos snaps the E.R.K. out of existence* O.o ;) Welp bye bye E.R.K :mrgreen:
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

My twin from a second dimension travels over to our universe. He has the infinity gauntlet which he got with the help of silver surfer (Which you forgot to recruit specifically). During battle, Thanos powered himself down just enough so that the remaining superheroes had the slightest chance to beat him. They all died horribly, but that was part of the plan. It was all a distraction for Silver Surfer to zip by and grab the Gauntlet off of Thanos’ hand. After he got the gauntlet he will the power stone to slowly crush and torture Thanos. Only to use the time stone and go back and do it all over. Again, and again, and again. Soon after he became bored and put Thanos in the soul stone, in case he wanted to torture him some more. My twin used the time stone and brought back all of us. Then he continued to get all of the members of the K.R.E and place them in the soul stone. BUT, he excludes Agent.MontyWhittaker. Saving him for some special treat in the future. But for the moment he is placed in a special part of the soul stone. To quote a now doomed man "Welp, Bye bye." :mrgreen:

*Must play by RPG roles. Therefore, Agent.MontyWhittaker cannot save himself. Someone else will have to. Breaking these rules will, therefore, commit an immediate loss on the K.R.E side.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

*crawls out of the woodwork*
As an avid Emily supporter and fan, I would like to resurrect this klub. I have always enjoyed her as a character but I've only become a much bigger fan over the last couple years as she has shown different sides of her character through the Rydell Saga. She's passionate, determined, and she is anything but a quitter. She was an extremely flawed character to start off (that's not *necessarily* a bad thing) but she has worked through some of her flaws while still remaining realistic. Her character progression has been monumental since her first episodes and it shows. And now, the show has chosen to hurt the poor girl and I need her to be happy.

Anyone wanna join me? ;) We can discuss all things Emily!
Last edited by Monica Stone on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Sure!! Just full disclosure, I am sort of Emily moderate. :lol:
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 am
As an avid Emily supporter and fan, I would like to resurrect this klub.
Well, in that case, I suppose that means the K.R.E. will have to resurrect, too! :twisted:

Just kidding. I actually like Emily. But it would make things more interesting if the opposing klub were to resurrect as well. Are there any active members from there?
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Carl wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:58 am
Sure!! Just full disclosure, I am sort of Emily moderate. :lol:
Welcome to the klub! Pound Foolish, the founder of the klub said on the first page:
Pound Foolish wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm
Who can join:
Anyone. Whether you’re brand new or have been a member for months. Even ex-Emily-haters. Simply post on here announcing your desire to join, and you will be welcome at all contests and meetings. If you’re thinking, “I kind of like Emily, but I’m not sure she, ‘rules’”, then that’s fine. Again, not all of us are super crazy about Emily. We just show the Emily-haters there are lots of people who know that Emily is likable, not necessarily that she is fantastic.
So even if you're only an Emily moderate, you are very much welcomed here. I'm just super excited to bring life to the klub and to appreciate Emily. :lol:
Polehaus53 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:25 pm
Well, in that case, I suppose that means the K.R.E. will have to resurrect, too! :twisted:

Just kidding. I actually like Emily. But it would make things more interesting if the opposing klub were to resurrect as well. Are there any active members from there?
I was ready to start a debate for a second there until I read the spoiler tag. ;) You wanna join us?

I am honestly not sure if there are K.R.E members left, or even anyone who would want to join/re-start that klub. It seems like Emily as a character has gotten a ton of support after the release of ever-awesome "A Sacrificial Escape." I think that episode made fans think about Emily in a new light. Or, at least, it succeeded in making fans think about Emily at all because she had really been pushed to the side for the longest time. But then she came back! And stuff was happening! Morrie trapped Emily & Matthew in the escape room! And Matthew was leaving the agency! And Emily's in denial! And regardless of that, she puts his life before her own when she thinks she's literally going to die for him! That's when I noticed several fans shift from "Emily neutral" to "Emily fan."

But if anyone opposed to the E.R.K or to Emily herself would like to step out, we can have a civil war- *cough* err, I mean civil dialogue.

I'm so happy to see there's interest in this klub!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I'll just hop in here :o
Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm
That's when I noticed several fans shift from "Emily neutral" to "Emily fan."
I probably fall into that category. I mean, I didn't dislike Emily, I just didn't pay much attention to her.
Until the Rydell Saga. I can't say that I'm a HUGE fan of her, but I definitely am interested in her current storyline.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm
You wanna join us?
Sure, I'll join.
Since we're resurrecting this klub, I think it's important to note that the K.R.E. has 118 pages, while the E.R.K. here has only 116. I suggest that one of the things we can do is to try and surpass their page numbers! If you look back on a previous page on this topic, (page 112, I think), you can see that Pound Foolish and other members did at one point try to beat the K.R.E. in posts.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing in these klubs. :?

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:39 pm
I'll just hop in here :o
I probably fall into that category. I mean, I didn't dislike Emily, I just didn't pay much attention to her.
Until the Rydell Saga. I can't say that I'm a HUGE fan of her, but I definitely am interested in her current storyline.
Welcome! Yeah, the show reaaally sidelined her for a few years. She didn't appear in a single episode in 2017 and only two episodes in 2018. In 2019, she appeared in "A Sacrificial Escape" towards the end of the year, but 2020 has been her comeback year, with five episodes. The Rydell Saga has shown some of the different facets of her character. Sides that wouldn't usually be shown - which I find super interesting. I too am interested in how things are going to progress in the Rydell Saga. She seems really cold to not only Morrie & Suzu but Whit. Completely understandable, but I am wondering where they'll go from here. Obviously an eventual forgiveness arc, but the process will be difficult and probably very emotional.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:10 pm
Sure, I'll join.
Since we're resurrecting this klub, I think it's important to note that the K.R.E. has 118 pages, while the E.R.K. here has only 116. I suggest that one of the things we can do is to try and surpass their page numbers! If you look back on a previous page on this topic, (page 112, I think), you can see that Pound Foolish and other members did at one point try to beat the K.R.E. in posts.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing in these klubs. :?
We must get ahead of the K.R.E. It is a dishonor and disgrace to our name that they are ahead. :x

This klub is for discussing Emily! So we can talk about our favorite Emily episodes, why we like her, favorite moments with her, what we want to see in the future, etc, etc. Nothing too serious; we can just have fun with it and see how this klub progresses.

For my own sake and for reference, here is the list of current, active members:
  • Monica Stone (myself)
  • CarlR
  • Polehaus53
  • ASmouseInTheHouse
To get the ball rolling on the E.R.K, I have a question for y'all. What is your favorite Emily episode and why?
Carl
Caramel Crunch

I really like "The Lost Riddle" it is probably my favorite episode with Emily.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I really don't know which one is my favorite, though I have several that I like: Emily the Genius, Repent After Me, and The Rydell Revelations. If we were to ask what my favorite Jones and Parker episode is, that's a different story :P
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:40 pm
What is your favorite Emily episode and why?
In my opinion, "A Sacrificial Escape" is one of Emily's best episodes. The scene with her insisting that Matthew take the single oxygen mask (Which should have won the Avery Award for Best Scene! :x) is definitely one of her best scenes since her introduction to the show.
I also like "The Ties That Bind, Parts 8-9". She doesn't star in them, but I like her interactions with Matthew and Jay when they all investigate the ghost town in Hangman's Hollow.

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Those are all solid choices above! \:D/
Carl wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 pm
I really like "The Lost Riddle" it is probably my favorite episode with Emily.
I love that one! I like how its more unconventional for a Jones & Parker mystery. I like that Emily takes what she learned from Dale Jacobs & Kenny Rutherford and applies it to her own life.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:34 pm
If we were to ask what my favorite Jones and Parker episode is, that's a different story :P
What is your favorite Jones & Parker mystery episode? ;)
Polehaus53 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 pm
In my opinion, "A Sacrificial Escape" is one of Emily's best episodes. The scene with her insisting that Matthew take the single oxygen mask (Which should have won the Avery Award for Best Scene! :x) is definitely one of her best scenes since her introduction to the show.
Agreed on all of those points! And, yes, that scene was gutwrenching and definitely deserved the Best Scene. I was so disappointed it didn't win. It won in my eyes lol.

My favorite Emily episode is undoubtedly "A Sacrificial Escape."

"A Sacrificial Escape" was overall chilling, intense, & brilliantly written. I could gush about it forever. :inlove: On the Emily side of things, woah. Although she is upset with Matthew for leaving the J&P Detective Agency (the very thing that brings them close together), she put that aside and tells him, "C'mon Matthew, we can do this together." When Morrie comes on the speaker to penalizes them by (supposedly) cutting off the oxygen supply... yikes. But she insists Matthew take the single oxygen mask instead of herself. It's powerful, even if you don't like Emily. :cry: Y'know, come to think of it, the Rydell Saga is basically the writers asking, "How much sympathy can we elicit from fans for Emily?"
Last edited by Monica Stone on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm
What is your favorite Jones & Parker mystery episode? ;)
I'd have to say my top favorites are The Lost Riddle and A Sacrificial Escape.
Monica Stone wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm

My favorite Emily episode is undoubtedly "A Sacrificial Escape."

"A Sacrificial Escape" was overall chilling, intense, & brilliantly written. I could gush about it forever. :inlove: On the Emily side of things, woah. Although she is upset with Matthew for leaving the J&P Detective Agency (the very thing that brings them closer together), she put that aside and tells him, "C'mon Matthew, we can do this together." When Morrie comes on the speaker to penalizes them by (supposedly) cuts off the oxygen supply, yikes. But she insists Matthew take the single oxygen mask instead of herself. It's powerful, even if you don't like Emily. :cry: Y'know, come to think of it, the Rydell Saga is basically the writers asking, "How much sympathy can we elicit from fans for Emily?"
I really liked A Sacrificial Escape, and yes, I agree that it should have won more than one award (the award it did win was Best Sound Design :noway:) in the Averys! The main reason I enjoyed it was because of the dynamic of Emily and Matthew. If you ask me, it was great to see their teamwork. Usually Emily is the one who does the brunt of the work/figuring things out in the Jones and Parker mysteries, but this time, she couldn't get them out of the escape room. Only Matthew could. I feel like Emily has been learning a lot through the Rydell Saga, which is great. I'm excited for episodes to come that continue the story (especially if they have to do with Emily and Whit, because..."Thanks for that at least")
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:01 pm
I really liked A Sacrificial Escape, and yes, I agree that it should have won more than one award (the award it did win was Best Sound Design :noway:) in the Averys! The main reason I enjoyed it was because of the dynamic of Emily and Matthew. If you ask me, it was great to see their teamwork. Usually Emily is the one who does the brunt of the work/figuring things out in the Jones and Parker mysteries, but this time, she couldn't get them out of the escape room. Only Matthew could. I feel like Emily has been learning a lot through the Rydell Saga, which is great. I'm excited for episodes to come that continue the story (especially if they have to do with Emily and Whit, because..."Thanks for that at least")
I really liked that aspect, too. Another interesting thing I noticed about this episode is that from the beginning, they're careful to show how Matthew is interested in the technical side of the escape room while Emily is interesting in the mystery side. This episode has so many well-done details :clap:

I'm waiting for the show to call Whit out. Emily may be the person to do that! She's definitely bitter towards him. He's the root of my problem in "The Rydell Revelations" but I would be super thrilled if they called him out and let him face the consequences of his decisions. THAT WOULD BE SUCH A GOOD EPISODE. But I consider him an antagonist of the saga, up there with Morrie & Suzu. Gosh, the intonations in Emily's voice when she says (referring to the escape room), "Then why didn't you tell me? And even more importantly, why did you ever let it happen in the first place?" The writers better not let this go. I feel so bad for Emily. :cry:

I don't necessarily know if Emily has learned anything morally new in this saga. But she's been pushed to her limits and made really difficult decisions and has exercised beliefs that she has never exercised before ("Greater love hath no man..." and such). Morrie's schtick was seeing if those around him practiced what they preached and that's what Emily was forced to do. But as for learning anything new....ehhh, she heard Whit's little sermon at the end of the last Rydell Saga episode...? *shudders* Yikes, nevermind. She didn't buy a word he said, anyway.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:05 pm
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:01 pm
I really liked that aspect, too. Another interesting thing I noticed about this episode is that from the beginning, they're careful to show how Matthew is interested in the technical side of the escape room while Emily is interesting in the mystery side. This episode has so many well-done details :clap:

I'm waiting for the show to call Whit out. Emily may be the person to do that! She's definitely bitter towards him. He's the root of my problem in "The Rydell Revelations" but I would be super thrilled if they called him out and let him face the consequences of his decisions. THAT WOULD BE SUCH A GOOD EPISODE. But I consider him an antagonist of the saga, up there with Morrie & Suzu. Gosh, the intonations in Emily's voice when she says (referring to the escape room), "Then why didn't you tell me? And even more importantly, why did you ever let it happen in the first place?" The writers better not let this go. I feel so bad for Emily. :cry:

I don't necessarily know if Emily has learned anything morally new in this saga. But she's been pushed to her limits and made really difficult decisions and has exercised beliefs that she has never exercised before ("Greater love hath no man..." and such). Morrie's schtick was seeing if those around him practiced what they preached and that's what Emily was forced to do. But as for learning anything new....ehhh, she heard Whit's little sermon at the end of the last Rydell Saga episode...? *shudders* Yikes, nevermind. She didn't buy a word he said, anyway.
Yes! Agreed on all points.

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Gosh, the intonations in Emily's voice when she says (referring to the escape room), "Then why didn't you tell me? And even more importantly, why did you ever let it happen in the first place?" The writers better not let this go. I feel so bad for Emily. :cry:
I wouldn't be happy if it was let go, that's for sure.
Monica Stone wrote:
I don't necessarily know if Emily has learned anything morally new in this saga. But she's been pushed to her limits and made really difficult decisions and has exercised beliefs that she has never exercised before ("Greater love hath no man..." and such). Morrie's schtick was seeing if those around him practiced what they preached and that's what Emily was forced to do.
I agree, she has been forced to do a lot of things she said she believed/would do, and that's thanks to Morrie and the Rydell Saga. She's learned to put her beliefs into action and even accepted Matthew's resignation without too much of a fight, which actually surprised me. In the Rydell Revelations, it was interesting to hear that she had avoided talking to Matthew because she didn't want him to think she was pushing him to rejoin. That action was my definition of learning, I guess. :P I agree she probably hasn't learned anything morally new. I hadn't thought about it that closely, my bad :anxious:.
Monica Stone wrote:
But as for learning anything new....ehhh, she heard Whit's little sermon at the end of the last Rydell Saga episode...? *shudders* Yikes, nevermind. She didn't buy a word he said, anyway.
Yup.
Let's Call the Whole Thing Off. We shall see \:D/
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:04 pm
I agree, she has been forced to do a lot of things she said she believed/would do, and that's thanks to Morrie and the Rydell Saga. She's learned to put her beliefs into action and even accepted Matthew's resignation without too much of a fight, which actually surprised me. In the Rydell Revelations, it was interesting to hear that she had avoided talking to Matthew because she didn't want him to think she was pushing him to rejoin. That action was my definition of learning, I guess. :P I agree she probably hasn't learned anything morally new. I hadn't thought about it that closely, my bad :anxious:.
I didn't think of the Matthew leaving side of all of this. I think if Matthew had wanted to leave in the album 51-53 era, she would have fought about it. Either that, or she would have acted prideful and stoic, as if his actions didn't hurt. But she has grown alot as a character since then and she has taken the lessons she's learned to heart. Emily only went like a half a day without talking to Matthew after her experience in "Further from the Truth," but her reluctance was present. I think partially why she didn't take to him immediately is because it was awkward and she didn't know what to say. Not to mention, she was obsessively investigating the mysterious events that had happened. When she tells Olivia she doesn't want to make Matthew think she wants to maneuver him into joining her, it definitely shows growth, but she was taking it too far because she should talk to him. And you're good, I spend too much time thinking about this :lol:
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Yup.
The anticipation is high and so is my anxiety O.o Still trying to figure out what the title means.
Last edited by Monica Stone on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:21 am
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Yup.
The anticipation is high and so is my anxiety O.o Still trying to figure out what the title means.
YES!