Arkán’s Wacky Crime of the Day

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Haha! I like the dog one. That one was pretty wacky.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:#XXXVI One for the books. Police searching the home of a Wisconsin man found more than 4,000 public library books “borrowed” over the past 20 years.
Sounds like something the police would find in my house. Ahahaa!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XXXVIII What a gas. A robber hit a Tulsa service station eight times in the same year. Practice made him close to perfect. He shaved his holdup time to 30 seconds.
~ Walker in Dreams
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Wow. That is amazing...
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XXXIX All that glitters is not gold. The old proverb was learned afresh by a gang of thieves who robbed the Tse Sui Luen Jewelry Store in Hong Kong.
The nine gold bars they stole from a show window were fake, worth about $800 instead of the expected $108,000.
The disgusted gang dumped the bars in a restaurant men’s room along with a note addressed to the jewelry store manager. The note bitterly complained that he was cheating his customers.
The manager denied the charge. “It is normal practice to display fake gold bars in the store’s windows for safety reasons,” he said.
The thieves did get away with $42,000 in jewelry.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wow.. That's crazy. You would think that the thieves would have been smart enough to know that. I mean, that's a typical practice anyways, but it's not like jewelers are going to set these gold bars out in their windows all day and night with a sign saying, 'Steal me, I'm real.'. Any simple minded person could figure that much out.. Where they hid them was odd, but almost funny, considering they left a note of complaining. I wonder if it was hand-written... (Dectective kit, anyone?) It's wrong that they still managed to get away with jewelry, though..
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XXXX Birdbrain! Acting on a tip, Dallas police found hundreds of dollars’ worth of stolen merchandise in the lodging of a 19-year-old youth on probation.
A parrot in the room greeted the officers with “Hello, Cindy. Hello, Jack.” The youth insisted he’d bought the bird from a man known to him only as Shorty.
Police checked through reports of stolen parrots. They found that a parrot named Jack, valued at $2,800, had been stolen from Cindy Mathesson, owner of a card shop.
Mathesson was summoned to the police station. At the sight of her, the parrot flapped it’s wings excitedly and screaked, “Cindy!”
“Jack!” she cried back. The youth pleaded guilty to the theft and was sentenced to three years in prison.
“The moral of this story,” said an assistant district attorney, “is that if you seal a talking parrot, you’d better retrain him.”
~ Walker in Dreams
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

HAHA! What Dallas police, Texas or Pennsylvania?
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Ha! I love it! :D
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XLI Soap story. Trudy Case of Walla Walla, Washington, came home to find her front door forced open.
The only thing the intruder had taken was a bath.
“Maybe we’ll have to round up housebreakers who normally are dirty and now are suddenly clean,” remarked a police officer.

-- Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm --

#XLII One for the road. On a Monday morning Allen Statler opened his auto repair shop in Des Moines and thought something looked different. Over the weekend, thieves had hauled away 25 feet of sidewalk in front of his business, brick by brick.
Last edited by Arkán Dreamwalker on Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

These have to be two of the weirdest ones yet. What sort of criminal breaks into a house just to take a bath? And what kind of people steal sidewalk? What would they even do with a bunch of sidewalk? People are idiotic. I'm sorry to be blunt, but.. =p
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Samantha14 wrote:What would they even do with a bunch of sidewalk?
"Hey mister, wanna buy some sidewalk?"
Haha. ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XLIII Seventy-six would be the spirit. Skateboarder Mitch Collins, 19, was pulled over for speeding on the downhill of a California interstate highway and told he was doing 72 miles an hour.
“That simply isn’t true,” said Collins. “I was doing seventy-five!”
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

...Wait, back up. He admitted to going faster? o_0 *Wonders how sober boy was* Um. *Coughs*

Wow. >_>
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

He's a skateboarder. He proud of going fast. You're supposed to laugh, not wonder if he was drunk. Really. -_- People seem to think the oddest things about these.
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:He's a skateboarder. He proud of going fast. You're supposed to laugh, not wonder if he was drunk. Really. -_- People seem to think the oddest things about these.
A, I was kidding. Not serious. I did laugh.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:He's a skateboarder. He proud of going fast. You're supposed to laugh, not wonder if he was drunk. Really. -_- People seem to think the oddest things about these.
I wouldn't have admitted to going faster either, to a cop. :?
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XLIV He had it maid. An unidentified “victim” in Gilroy, California, returned home to find it had been cleaned out.
Correction: cleaned up.
Someone had gathered the dirty laundry, made the bed, washed the dishes, and hung new drapes.
The volunteer housekeeper left a note:
Dear Sir,
I hope you don’t mind. I cleaned your house. Don’t worry. I didn’t take anything because my father is a Duke in Spain. I’ll clean your house for as long as you live here.
Prince Eddie.

“We’re not sure what we could charge him with,” said the local police commander. “It’s too bad he didn’t break into my house.”
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

. . .

Random acts of kindness...By breaking into someone's home. Interesting. He can come to my home anytime, I am tired of doing all the work. =p Kidding.

That is funny, though.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

#XLV Overtime. How many employees break into a business to go to work?
The owner of a fast-food restaurant in Memphis declared bankruptcy. That night he had all the locks on the building changed.
The next morning four employees showed up at the regular opening time. They smashed the drive-in window, crawled inside, got the deep fryer and the soda machine going, and began serving takeout orders.
It was business as usual — until the owner drove by.
The foursome had pocketed $398 before the police shut them down.

-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm --

#XLVI Purse snacker. Officials at a zoo in Arnhem, Holland, put up signs warning visitors to guard their handbags.
Not only did the thief make the zoo her home, she had a marvelously long reach, and she was beyond the law.
Her name was Quimba. She was rather attractive if you like them big. However she wasn’t the type heroes chase after.
An elephant, Quimba used her trunk to pluck the handbags, which she swallowed with a satisfied glub.
~ Walker in Dreams