Common words and phrases that drive you crazy.

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

Where I live people say "Floss". I don't know if this is a usual thing, or something that's going around our small town but its super annoying. Such as, "Dude, that is so floss!" Floss= awesome.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Wow, I have never heard that before! But, I am also sheltered... lol
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

underseasie wrote:In our house saying "Oh my...." (you should know what goes there) is a form of swearing.
Its the same in my house.

-- Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 am --
Wooton Bassett wrote:I hear Oh My ... and What the ---- a lot, but even smaller words like oh my gosh or what the heck drive me crazy. I think of them as bad words so I don't use them
I really do to to since i know that the word between the and drive means----.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
The Intruder
Vanilla

Dude, like, oh snap! You know, my legit swag is like so beast, like a boss! Sweet floss, like, get er done!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

The Intruder wrote:Dude, like, oh snap! You know, my legit swag is like so beast, like a boss! Sweet floss, like, get er done!
Offtopic, but I musk ask, are you Marvin D., or Top?
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

What drive me crazy is when people say "um" after almost every word!!!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

One that annoys my mom a lot is "I know, Right?"

I don't understand why she's annoyed by it.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

God's little Artist wrote:One that annoys my mom a lot is "I know, Right?"

I don't understand why she's annoyed by it.
I know, right?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Another on that drives me bonkers is something that seems to be very popular amongst younger girls: "Totes adobes" I't just..kind dumb...no offence ;)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I use Dude, swag, and oh snap a lot when talking to myself, but what annoys me is when people say "on friday we're going shopping" whenv they can just say "tomorrow we're going shopping"
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

It drives me nuts when people say "um" after every other word. ugh... I don't really care when they say it a few time, but after every other word, seriously?!?!
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

I would say that 'Like' for every other word is one of mine, along with 'freeken' or 'sooo...' those are my top three, but with the 'Soooo.....' I use it when I am bored and want to start conversing.
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I've picked up on certain phrases that people around me use and they can get annoying sometimes. Like a guy in my church says "I was gonna say" A LOT, but he slurrs it all together, so that gets annoying. Then my friend says "Best.Thing.Ever." A lot and I don't find that annoying. It's just something that I've noticed she says quite a bit. Then another guy at my church says "Warsh" instead of "Wash" or "Squarsh" instead of "Squash" And I also pick up on how people with accents say certain words, so I'm really good with picking up on how people say things and can imitate them quite well. :mrgreen:
Emuman
Caramel Crunch
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois

Wow, I'm surprised no one has said YOLO yet... That can get annoying after people say that after every thing that they say. After someone says YOLO, I like to say YODO (You Only Die Once) because of Blimey Cow.
Emuman
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Stella C. wrote:It drives me insane when a person uses "like" after every other word. I know some girls that do that, and it drives me crazy!! :?

Yeah, like, how do people like stand it when like, people are saying, like What the..... or oh my.....
its like annyoy ing, you like, know what i like, mean?
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Give Stella C. a Break becuase I m right with her. AND in my English book it said its improper English ;) I hate it when paeple so I don't know or Like after every sentence or when peaple say yes or ohno almost like a interuption but it's just 1 word
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I know people who say whatever alot, but I do some to. But people who say it all the time uggg.
Proud K.R.E Member
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

*sings* ABCDEFG, text talk is my enemy.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Howabout "ain't"?
Drives me NUTS.
My sister uses it often -- ON PURPOSE.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I use the word "ain't", but only when I slip into the Southern accent that I typically keep low-key.

What drives me crazy is when people will sound like they're avoiding ending a sentence on a preposition, but then end the sentence on the same preposition they were avoiding. For example, "for what the device was designed for". Either avoid ending the sentence on a preposition or don't.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love