The SS family web

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Shtakji
Cookies & Creme
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space

Your system sounds like the best way to avoid chaos T.S.*nods* Aw, I'll be your sibling if you want, I never leave crumbs in the butter :mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer Gabrielle :) I'm not really sure whose family I belong to yet...and which family wants me :P
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Shtakji, you come from Whit's End, correct? Would it be at all sensical to have a family group of the Whit's End posters, or would you prefer doing it differently?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Hey that sounds cool.
Shtakji
Cookies & Creme
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space

Sounds good to me. :)
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

I would prefer not doing that..but what ever works best is fine, T.S.

If possible, please try to make Benjamin end up as my cousin..it would be horrible to be disowned from the family :cry:
:lol:
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

keNXT is my real life brother.
Wakko
Pistachio

Could I be related to someone?
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Sparky, Ashleigh, and I are sisters :) And AS and I got married a few days ago... and it wasn't my idea... he can divorce me if he wants xD
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

You married my Besterest?? :O WOW. THATS.AWESOME. XD

Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?? :cry:
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Renae wrote:Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?? :cry:
*Stella echoes this* :O
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

*sniff* What about the EmmaDog?
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Renae wrote:You married my Besterest?? :O WOW. THATS.AWESOME. XD

Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?? :cry:
Because it was kinda spontaneous xD And I had nothing to do with it...
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I noticed PF isn't listed as married to Suzy on the document. Ain't they still?
~ Walker in Dreams
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Yeah, I think. And again: What about the EmmaDog?
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Connie and Countess and I were discussing this on the chat, and I decided to give it another go.

The family tree didn't really work earlier due to a couple of issues. First, it's really difficult to establish a coherent hierarchy of people, because most everyone is a similar age, and thus generations can't be established. And often, Person A is an adopted parent of Person B, but Person A is also a sibling of Person C, who is cousin to Person B. It's impossible to keep track of everyone's relatives, because everyone is related in multiple different ways. It spirals out of control quickly. It's also difficult to know what to do with real life siblings, because they often have contradictory relationships with other people as well.

Connie suggested using a Family Web instead of a Family Tree, which is plausible and might actually work. I'm going to try and map out a web with the relationships between different people, including siblings, parents, cousins, uncles living in attics, godneices and godnephews, ect. I will be accepting submissions on an ongoing basis in this thread. The rules are as follows:

1) No relationships are assumed to exist unless they are posted in this thread. This means that
a) Real life siblings or relations won't appear on the web unless specified here.
b) Relationships can never be derived on the basis of other relationships. So, for example, if Miss Friendship and Wakko are siblings, and Wakko and I are also siblings, Miss Friendship and I are not considered siblings unless we agree to it in this thread.

2) If desired, a relationship can be considered exclusive to all other relationships. For example, Woody could be the parent of Blitz, with imaginary ages of around 40 and 17. Woody can be any other age he desires in different relationships. Woody and Arkan could be siblings of estimated ages around 19, and again, that doesn't have to carry over to other relationships.

3) Relationships should be relatively general and simple. Ideally, I would like to color code the web, so that siblings, cousins, spouses, ect, can be identified by the color of the line connecting the people. Try to only submit relationships of this basic type, unless you think of something unusually funny or clever, like godneice.

4) T.S. (myself) reserves the right to refuse any relationship or make changes necessary to the overall function of the Family Web.

Please bold all new submissions like so:

Connie is snubs's godneice
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Alright, thanks for reviving this! Great idea by the way ;)

Here's what I've come up with so far (and it's 1:00 sooo..)
Connie is Tea Ess' little sister

Connie is Sam's adopted daughter

Connie is Ox's sister

Connie is Countess's sister

Connie is Limerick's cousin

Connie is Penguin's cousin

Connie is Paula's sister

Connie is Kaida's sister

Connie is Didi's older sister

Connie is Wakko's cousin

Connie is DanP740's daughter

Connie is Bren's niece

@TS what if these people (or other people written into other people's families) would rather not be related to the person in that way or at all? Do we have to agree on a relationship?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

@T.S.: Does our marriage qualify as part of this?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Connie G. wrote:What if these people (or other people written into other people's families) would rather not be related to the person in that way or at all? Do we have to agree on a relationship?
I'd prefer to have both people confirm their relationships in the thread, but that might not always be necessary. If someone requests to have a relationship revoked, I can also do that.
TigerShadow wrote:Does our marriage qualify as part of this?
Yes, it definitely does. Do we still need counseling about the jumping spiders though?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

As long as you keep them on a private asteroid on the opposite side of the sun from Earth's orbit and just fly out to visit them every once in awhile, we should be fine.

I'm a rather reasonable wife.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:If someone requests to have a relationship revoked, I can also do that.
I would personally gravitate towards this idea, being a more reasonable request. That way for those people who don't get on too often, it makes more sense.

Relationship requests:

Belle is Christian A.'s cousin

Belle is Woody's mother

Belle is Rosy's sister

Belle is Dan's brother
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~