Marvel vs DC

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Marvel or DC?

Marvel, cause MOVIES!
25%
DC because they have better TV shows, cartoons, and comics (and they are comic book companys)
63%
Neither.
13%

Total votes: 8

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Marvel vs DC

Okay then so I had to do this. Which do you think is better, Marvel or DC? I think DC s better because they have better comics, better cartoons, and better TV shows then Marvel, while Marvel just has better movies.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

IDK about cartoons. Marvel Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes was frikin' brilliant.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Helios
Butter Pecan

Is it possible to vote for both? I personally prefer Marvel movies to Marvel comics, and DC comics to DC movies (the animated shows of both are A-okay in my book). :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Okay then so I had to do this. Which do you think is better, Marvel or DC? I think DC s better because they have better comics, better cartoons, and better TV shows then Marvel, while Marvel just has better movies.
I haven't read any DC comics, or seen any of the cartoons, though the claim that DC makes better TV is something I'm not entirely sold on. Does DC make family friendly-er television? Are their shows generally more lighthearted? I think both hold truth. With Marvel television however, what I've seen has been more entertaining, has better scripts, and leaves me with more to think about. (Daredevil is an absolute masterpiece imho and my favorite :D .)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I do think that DC has better shows because Iron Fist and Inhumans are TERRIBLE. Also Agents is just okay and the only *great* shows are Agent Carter (which was cancelled) and Daredevil. And the cartoons are AMAZING! Watch Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Static Shock and especially Young Justice. Also Teen Titans and Superman: The Animated Series. And read DC Comics!!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:I do think that DC has better shows because Iron Fist and Inhumans are TERRIBLE. Also Agents is just okay and the only *great* shows are Agent Carter (which was cancelled) and Daredevil. And the cartoons are AMAZING! Watch Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Static Shock and especially Young Justice. Also Teen Titans and Superman: The Animated Series.
I don't honestly think Iron Fist is that bad. It's a little slow, though still enjoyable. I've heard the same thing about Inhumans though, which is disappointing but not really surprising.

I started The Flash but I really haven't been able to get into it, people tell me that the Arrow isn't worth watching at all, and that Supergirl's writing is very flawed and there's not enough progression. For the most part, I don't think I've watched what is needed to leave a thorough review. Though admittedly, I'm already biased, which means we probably can't come to an agreement. :P

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote: And read DC Comics!!
I've got a few Marvel ones on my bookshelf right now, but I'm definitely going to.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Watch Black Lightning, it's great. Arrow is worth it, and Legends of Tomorrow is good as well, just don't watch season 1.
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

Right now I prefer DC but only because I haven't seen much of the marvel stuff yet
Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Watch Black Lightning, it's great. Arrow is worth it, and Legends of Tomorrow is good as well, just don't watch season 1.
DC
yes! I love arrow!! Legends is awesome too! I don't like black lighting but I do watch the flash I really liked it in the first few seasons but I feel like it's getting worse I didn't like the last season much (not really at all) supergirl did the same thing I really liked the first few seasons but the last one I only watched because I needed to see what happened to my ship lol I haven't seen any DC movies but I'm new to all DC and Marvel I started watching DC stuff almost a year ago

Marvel
like I said I'm new to the marvel fandom and honestly i'm not sure what I think yet I started on the movies and they go a little slow for me but I really wanna watch spider man, black panther, and guardians of the galaxy movies so I've been watching all of them anyway I haven't seen the marvel shows yet but I was planning on starting daredevil

any recommendations for marvel shows? (on netflix)
Aha suh dude
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

I prefer DC myself (as a cartoon enthusiast), but Marvel is better at this point. The only DC does better is TV shows and maybe comics. I don't think it helps that DC feels the need to be so dark recently either.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Helios
Butter Pecan

MonkeyDude wrote:I prefer DC myself (as a cartoon enthusiast), but Marvel is better at this point. The only DC does better is TV shows and maybe comics. I don't think it helps that DC feels the need to be so dark recently either.
My thoughts exactly. Especially since the Titans trailer debuted.