Odyssey and Doctor Who

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Odyssey and Doctor Who

2 years I began reading some Odyssey/Doctor Who fanfictions. I'd watched a couple of episodes of Doctor Who and can see where the whole 'Whit is a time lord" theory came from. however, after watching 99% of the currant Doctor Who, and some of the classics, I think that a bit of Doctor Who 'logic' might explain some of the inconsistencies in Odyssey. so here's a timeline of my theory:

first here's a theory on how whit is not a time lord, but does have the technology they do.
1, just after his step-mother Fiona goes blind, a distraught young Whit is having trouble coping with everything, and is questioning why god would put him through so much trauma. Whit is visited by a strange-yet-friendly man called 'The Doctor' (likely 10, 11 or 12) who tells him some of the things he will do. Whit doubts these things will happen so the doctor offers to show him, via a police box.
2, the doctor shows whit his friendship with Jack, meeting Jenny, and eventually moving to odyssey. whit is pleased until the doctor takes him to whits end, which much to the doctor's confusion, is lacking all the inventions, apart from a few displays which run on motion sensors and recordings. Whit however is still somewhat excited at running an 'ice-cream shop for kids.
3, the doctor and young whit find the imagination station is just a place for kids to draw scenes from the bible and their everyday lives. the doctor realises that the imagination station and other inventions use time lord technology, meaning that Whit will know some of the secrets of time travel and trans-dimensional engineering.
4, after the doctor returns young whit to his time. he gives Whit a 'mental transfer" of some time lord stuff so Whit can build the imagination station and other inventions we all know today. whit keeps them a secret, knowing what might happen if he says anything. The Doctor Also gives Eugene a small amount of knowledge so he can help Whit.
here's my follow-up on why some characters barely age
in Matt Smith's era the pond's daughter is part time lord due to being born in the Tardis, where she would have been surrounded by time lord technology.
the time lord technology in whits end has a similar effect due to it being all around the building. my theory is that the more a person is in the building, the slower they age. Whit, Connie, Eugene, Wooton and Penny barely age at all as they spend nearly everyday there. Bernard, Tom, Jack and Jason age slightly slower due to going there over a number of years. Katrina doesn't visit as often but since she is Eugene wife she is still 'affected', due to his exposure to the technology and 'being married'.
Ok, that's the main part of my (well-thought-out-but-probably-bonkers) theory, i'm not exactly a "Whovian' so I'm not sure of every detail I mentioned from Doctor Who. if you have any thoughts or theories of your own then please comment below.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

As someone who's been watching Doctor Who for three and a half years, I really like these theories. I have trouble with the aging one because I feel like most of their ages can be explained if you put modern Odyssey in 2002. I have a whole thing if anyone is interested. Also, wouldn't people notice and be freaked out by the lack of aging? Idk. I love the idea of the Doctor visiting Whit though. I really want to write a one-shot fanfic about it now.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:As someone who's been watching Doctor Who for three and a half years, I really like these theories. I have trouble with the aging one because I feel like most of their ages can be explained if you put modern Odyssey in 2002. I have a whole thing if anyone is interested. Also, wouldn't people notice and be freaked out by the lack of aging? Idk. I love the idea of the Doctor visiting Whit though. I really want to write a one-shot fanfic about it now.
Would love to hear your theory, that's partly why I started this topic. Anything Odyssey/Doctor Who related, Speaking of which....
Which Odyssey character fits which Doctor/companion, classic and/or modern.
Here's a few ideas to get the ball rolling:
1st Doctor: Whit
2nd Doctor: Shakespeare? Wellington?
3rd Doctor: Wilson knox
4th Doctor: Jack Allen
5th Doctor: Jeff Lewis?
6th Doctor: ?
7th Doctor: Wooton
8th Doctor: Jason
9th Doctor; Richard
10th Doctor: Eugene
11th Doctor: Mitch