Favorite Video Games

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Favorite Video Game?

Sonic Adventure 2
4%
Sonic Mania Plus
No votes
Sonic CD
No votes
Metroid Prime
4%
Super Mario Sunshine
12%
Super Mario Odyssey
8%
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
No votes
Metroid Fusion
No votes
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
12%
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
8%
Mass Effect 2
No votes
Skyrim
12%
Metroid: Zero Mission
No votes
Shovel Knight
8%
Undertale
8%
Super Smash Bros. Melee
8%
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
4%
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
4%
Half-Life 2
8%
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
No votes

Total votes: 25

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Favorite Video Games

Well this topic should already exist, but whatever. What is your favorite video game? Mine is Metroid Prime or Metroid Fusion. Other highlights include Shovel Knight, Skyrim, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Mania Plus, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Metroid: Samus Returns or Metroid: Zero Mission.
Last edited by Shadow on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Helios
Butter Pecan

Half-Life 2 and Super Mario 3. Not much of a gamer to be honest, I just like destroying things. :twisted:
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Play Shovel Knight, You can destroy stuff and it's inspired by Mario 3!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Super Mario Sunshine is still a gem and will always be a gem. I laugh in the face of SMS haters.
Also, Star Fox: Assault is one of my favorite games of all time.
I'm a GCN-era kid, can you tell? I grew up with it. Oh, yeah, MKDD is still my favorite Mario Kart.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is my favorite 3DS game. I also love MK7. Sm4sh was kind of a disappointment, though. Never did get a Wii U, I've always heard that Sm4sh on that is way better.

Star Fox 64 is great, too, but its replay value is pretty low for me. Still haven't finished SM64. Oh, and Goldeneye N64 is my favorite game on the console!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Warriors, Sims 3 & 4, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Breath of the Wild. If we're counting mobile games, then also Fire Emblem Heroes, Love Nikki, Food Fantasy, and SuperStar BTS.
I honestly only really started playing video games a few years ago so I honestly don't know a lot about older 2000s era games, only modern ones.
Unpopular opinion: I really disliked Super Mario Odyssey. To the point where I didn't play past the third or fourth level. I found the controls to be horribly un-intuitive and it just sucked out any enjoyment I may have gotten from it.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Play Shovel Knight, You can destroy stuff and it's inspired by Mario 3!
Ooo yay, sounds like my kind of game! :twisted:
Rosy wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Warriors
What are the Fire Emblem games like? I see a lot of fan art on Tumblr and it looks kind of anime-inspired. :D
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Can chess or checkers be one of the options, please?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:Can chess or checkers be one of the options, please?
Lol, Luke, you're such a troll.
Helios wrote:What are the Fire Emblem games like? I see a lot of fan art on Tumblr and it looks kind of anime-inspired. :D
I haven't played them myself, but I know enough about them to know that they ARE Anime inspired. They hail straight from Japan. Role-playing strategy game in which you can pick multiple different story lines depending on what you do. Pretty sure it's turn based RPG battles. I haven't really been interested in it, myself.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Kungfunaomi wrote:
Helios wrote:What are the Fire Emblem games like? I see a lot of fan art on Tumblr and it looks kind of anime-inspired. :D
I haven't played them myself, but I know enough about them to know that they ARE Anime inspired. They hail straight from Japan. Role-playing strategy game in which you can pick multiple different story lines depending on what you do. Pretty sure it's turn based RPG battles. I haven't really been interested in it, myself.
I'd say you're pretty much right, however the only story-line choice that really exists is FE:Fates being divided into 3 different game versions with their own respective endings. So the only choice is really whether you're willing to pay $80 to experience all three endings. =P
But yes, it is based on RPG battles with a lot of extra stuff thrown in like different weapons, skills, and weaknesses/advantages for each enemy. If you like strategy games, then I'd definitely recommend it.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Rosy wrote:
Kungfunaomi wrote:
I'd say you're pretty much right, however the only story-line choice that really exists is FE:Fates being divided into 3 different game versions with their own respective endings. So the only choice is really whether you're willing to pay $80 to experience all three endings. =P
But yes, it is based on RPG battles with a lot of extra stuff thrown in like different weapons, skills, and weaknesses/advantages for each enemy. If you like strategy games, then I'd definitely recommend it.
Honestly more interested in the anime aspect of it, but if the gameplay's fun I might give it a go! \:D/
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

SERIOUSLY! WHY NOT CHESS AND CHECKERS! GIVE ME OPTIONS PEOPLE!!?!
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

We should rename Luke's account from The Doctor to The Troll :mrgreen: :lol:
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:SERIOUSLY! WHY NOT CHESS AND CHECKERS! GIVE ME OPTIONS PEOPLE!!?!
I don't know man. I get a lot of lag. It's to complex for my processing system.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Anyways, anybody like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Anyways, anybody like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Do they have a Paper Mario: Chess/Checkers, The Last Battle?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Where is Mario Kart?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'll do you one better: who is Mario Kart?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:I'll do you one better: who is Mario Kart?
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

smh why is the only smash option melee
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

shnoodlec. wrote:smh why is the only smash option melee
Bro same