Have you every been in one?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Have you been in one of these?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Tornado
12%
Hurricane
12%
Earthquake
8%
Fire
No votes
Flood
12%
Power outage
29%
Volcano blowing up
No votes
NO INTERNET!
27%

Total votes: 49

Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Have you every been in one?

So I just thought this would be a interesting post to do.
I have been in a hurricane which had a tornado that was 2 or 3 miles from our house. We also had a minor earthquake. Then we moved and now we're are in the risk of a fire all the time. Oh and I have lost internet a lot.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I live in New Orleans, sooo... Floods and power outages and hurricanes, oh my.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Power outages are the dish of the day here. Every couple of days.
~Two of your five a day~.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Power outages during storms for several hours, minor earthquake, and no Internet in Israel...
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Power outages are my middle name.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I find it amusing that no internet is right up there with actual deadly natural disasters.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:I find it amusing that no internet is right up there with actual deadly natural disasters.
Well if your dog had a heart attack and you had no internet you can not call 911. See? Life or death situation.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Katie10 wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:I find it amusing that no internet is right up there with actual deadly natural disasters.
Well if your dog had a heart attack and you had no internet you can not call 911. See? Life or death situation.
You could still call 911 if you had cell service.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Oregon is one of the most mild states in the country. Power outages aren't really even a thing here, depending on which power company you have. There's always the trees falling on the power lines but that's basically it. Oh, and the landslides. Those happen once in awhile, but even then it's just a localized thing.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Interesting. We basically just get tornadoes here in Missouri. Sometimes a flash flood but I've never seen anything big. The only time a tornado hit the building I was in was when I was a baby, but we get a couple bad warnings per year. Power outages are super rare here. We have one maybe every year and a half.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:Interesting. We basically just get tornadoes here in Missouri. Sometimes a flash flood but I've never seen anything big.

Same. Glad to find another Missourian. We get a ton of tornados...
*Finger guns aggressively*
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

shnoodlec. wrote:
Katie10 wrote:
You could still call 911 if you had cell service.
Your in the mountains with no cell service.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote: Your in the mountains with no cell service.
Well, you'd have no internet either. And actually, let's pretend that you have Sprint but no service. There is a T-Mobile tower, though. It is federal law that if you make a 9-1-1 call, T-Mobile or whichever carrier is out there, has to carry the call. No charge. So even though your cell phone says it doesn't "have service", may be possible to make an emergency call regardless.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kungfunaomi wrote:
Well, you'd have no internet either. And actually, let's pretend that you have Sprint but no service. There is a T-Mobile tower, though. It is federal law that if you make a 9-1-1 call, T-Mobile or whichever carrier is out there, has to carry the call. No charge. So even though your cell phone says it doesn't "have service", may be possible to make an emergency call regardless.
Your on a top of a mountains no towers or anything no internet or cell phone service. Life or death.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Katie10 wrote:
Kungfunaomi wrote:
Your on a top of a mountains no towers or anything no internet or cell phone service. Life or death.
Wouldn't the top of a mountain actually be better for getting service? You'd think the valley would be the service-less part, since the service would get blocked by the face of the mountain.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Nope your on the tallest mountain in the world.