Photoshop

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Photoshop

I have the Photoshop Creative Cloud edition and am quite happy with it. I was curious, though: would you rather pay 699$ for Photoshop CS6, (1,000 for the extended edition), and own it outright, or would you rather pay 120$ per year like I do and get all the latest updates? It is always the newest edition, but I don't own it outright. I was curious to hear opinions. For me personally, CC works best because I only ever have 120 to sink into it, and I have made that investment back three times over.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

I personally like to stick to the free goods like Paint.NET (downright surpasses Photoshop in some areas) or GIMP, but I would honestly rather pay just once for PS and be done with it if I needed it.
~Two of your five a day~.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Dunno if this works for non-college students, but can you get the student subscription? It's a little over $20 a month for the entire Creative Cloud suite, so you have access to Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premiere, Audition, Acrobat, and other Adobe programs. I'm getting my degree in a digital-media based art program, and I don't know if you lean more toward traditional studio work, but it might be worth it to have those programs at your disposal if that's a field you're considering going into.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I have looked into that. When I go to college, I am going to get a bachelor's degree in visual development with an emphasis on digital art. So maybe that suite is a required material? At the moment, though, it's impractical.
Edit: and I say it's impractical because I can't afford it. Maybe that will change.