Just something I wrote

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Just something I wrote

As the title implies, this is a little write-up I made a few days back (specifically as a way of coping with a love one's sudden and scary illness).

I don't even know what it pretends to be, only that I couldn't stop typing until it felt right. I hope you enjoy reading it.
It didn't start pouring. Not even a single drop fell to the ground.

The weather that had short before been merciless, had cleared away as soon as my world started to crumble. It showcased all the beautiful nuances of the night, with the moon and its silvery light, the infinite reflection of the stars and the shapes of the darkness. It was an image of beauty displayed as a way of mockery, put in place to cause bewilderment.

Nature had punched my face with all her might, and ruled unfavorably on a whim. Her message was clear: The stormy weather and the howling of the wind were to be kept for as long as hope prevailed, as a way of drowning it. And when rage and sorrow reigned supreme, the beauty of the world was to be shown, to make the pitiful human small and to make him feel alone.

Alone...

Alone in a world that remained beautiful, but had been rendered silent. To cement the isolation; to accentuate the sorrow.

A silent world; silent but wonderfully appealing. It all clicked after that.

It wasn't a matter of deepening my suffering, but to put in perspective. The world didn't need to become a raging inferno, but to keep itself calmed in order to be the yin to my own reality's dark yan. A hard caress that felt more like a soft slap. A sign of love delivered thru coldness. And in the middle of it, the beginning of acceptance.

The acceptance of loss, the sad acknowledging of the simplest -and yet, hardest- of facts: the realization that life does not go on forever.

And with that, came all that's ritual: the burning of the eyes, the lost battle fought in order to keep the tears at bay, the surrendering and the emptying of all body heat. The crushing of one's heart.

And, of course, the knowledge that dusk will lead to dawn, just as dawn had led to dusk.

May we be blessed with happiness.
Thanks to GJFH for her help getting this up in the right place.
~Two of your five a day~.
Rosie Willowwater
Strawberry

*Hugs Tsu Tightly*

Thank you for sharing that here.
:)