Jonathan Park!

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

What do you think?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 am

I LOVE It!
38%
It's good.
50%
I dislike it..
No votes
I have never heard of it...
13%

Total votes: 8

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Paul Hurlinger also acts on JP He acted as the 2nd Whit I think

Happy now Bethany :?:
Last edited by dolphinlovr4ever on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Correction... *acted. *sniff* :cry: My favorite JP is the first one!

"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

Nelson S. wrote:I believe their sound designer is Rob Jorgensen
False. The show's creator, Pat Roy, does a lot of it and a few people who work for and/or intern at Vision Forum.

I think you're thinking of the Brinkman Family Adventures.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ohh yeah, you're right Austin. Silly me. :P Pat Roy is an excellent sound designer then. Haha!
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Is any one here on the creation response team?
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I'm so excited! The ninth volume, The Whispering Sphinx, just came out! I ordered the CDs already and I can't wait to hear them! http://www.visionforum.com/browse/produ ... fault.aspx

Your thoughts?
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

PK that is so AWESOME my Bf who got me into JP was so excited when I told her.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I had never heard of Jonathon Park until just now and I don't think I want to considering I'm hearing the word "corny" in a lot of the descriptions of it. I think it's strange this is a topic on an AIO fan website, though. I think I would like to hear a couple episodes...
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Hello THis as Angela Park and as the wife of a creation scientest I have seen the importance of the Biblical and scientific message of creation. For more information log on to www.jonathonpark.com

That was a quote Need another one I have a few more memorized just pm me
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

yelsew wrote:I think that it's ok. I like the plot of it, but I think they try to fit way to much into just 1 cd that it kind of makes it hard to listen to for me. What I mean by that is that unlike a normal conversation there is almost no time in-between one person talking then the next person talking. It's just very unrealistic to me in that it doesn't sound like real conversations. I know that others may disagree with me on this but that's my opinion on it. I like the facts it brings out but it is no AIO to me.
I agree with you. I just listened to an episode called Art Heist Adventure and the actors weren't all that great and it had almost no music in between the scenes. Like you said, it seemed a bit rushed.
Last edited by Novatom on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

The early episodes are amateurish because it was made by people doing what they felt like God wanted them to make with the resources they had. The acting and the production quality has improved greatly over the years. The last few albums have been killer awesome!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Austin, why has Jonathan Park been made for 10-15 years, yet it just now hit its 100th episode?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Thry only make an album every other year!!! and PK Art Hiest adventure is kind of boring. I say so myself and I LOVE JP
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

My fave is 1
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

I used to like it; but when the third actor for Jonathon came I was like: "Okay; explain how he had a deep voice, but now sounds like a little kid again. Well, so much for Jessie marrying Jonathon."
It’s not about the stand we take, but the grace we give
It’s not about the name we make, but the life we live
Heard about a King who stepped down, took my place
True Love gave His life away
It’s love that lights the way
~Family Force 5
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I was in my friend"s car and we listened to it. It was interesting. I don't get why it's called Jonathon Park because, at least in the episode I heard, it seemed more about the dad than Jonathon.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

We have them all I think. There great! They are a bit childish at first but get way better! Sometimes on Jonathan Park I think there over doing it a bit, but hey they can't all be as good AIO!!
Proud K.R.E Member
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I think it's too fast-paced, unlike AIO, where there are episodes that are set in Whit's End with the characters sitting around that counter... just talking. Beautiful.
And the acting is a bit fake, and the story lines are a bit corny. But I do kinda enjoy listening to them when someone lends me an album.
Plus, I dislike science. So I prefer AIO, by far.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

I like how they want to teach the truth of creation...but the plots are awful.Image
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

Yeah I just listen to the voyage beyond. Let's just say my head hurts from banging it against the wall.
It’s not about the stand we take, but the grace we give
It’s not about the name we make, but the life we live
Heard about a King who stepped down, took my place
True Love gave His life away
It’s love that lights the way
~Family Force 5