Mary Poppins Remake/Sequel

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Mary Poppins Remake/Sequel

So, Disney is a making a Mary Poppins sequel! Yay! Except it's not. Not a remake per se either. From what I can make out after reading Entertainment Weekly and Variety and other stuff I never normally read, I think it's going to draw on the the sequels to P.L. Traverse books rather than the the first. Thus, not remaking the first book. But, also re-imagining Mary Poppins, Burt, and possibly starring new children. Personally, I'm thrilled. I'm not sure about the director. He directed Into the Woods and some Pirates of the Caribbean films. But anyhow, this should be very cool.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

This is SO cool! Do you know who will play any of the characters, or whatever? \:D/
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Hmm. I am pretty sure this won't turn out that great. But we'll just have to wait and see! :P
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

It's a rumor that they're gonna make Anne Hathaway Mary because she can "sing." :roll:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Wait. Is that a fan made trailer? It doesn't look like a fan made...
Oh wait, or is it? The publishing date says 2014 so... Plus, I can't find a press release about having Burton direct instead. This is fake, correct, Bethany? Sorry if we were supposed to just assume.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Wait, it's a Tim Burton movie? Yep, there goes my interest. Honestly Disney needs to stop doing all these remakes and adaptations and do something original.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I actually kind of like the remakes. They don't replace the classics, but they're good updates. And it's not like remaking classics is all Disney is doing. They're still making new movies like Zootopia.

As for this new Mary Poppins...I don't know. The trailer makes it seem creepy, and Tim Burton movies aren't normally good, so...I'll see it when it comes out.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Mmmkay, again, this thing is dated 2014. And it's not from Disney or a usual trailer source. So unless, in 2014 somebody leaked the teaser for something that was only announced a couple weeks ago... yeah. That is one heckuva hacker. This has to be a fan made homage that's just real well done. So breathe everyone. Burton isn't remaking Mary Poppins. It's Rob Marshall, as announced.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I was just making a joke, it was fake. Poppin's is just a rumor. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I must say, thank goodness it isn't by Tim Burton, because I would not be interested in it.

As it is, I am really excited to see this, I hope it turns out well. Emily Blunt is supposed to be Mary Poppins I heard?! :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wakko
Pistachio

Geez, why all the hate against Tim Burton? >_> He has made good movies you know? Ie: Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. Most of these aren't recent, but he is capable of making good movies. :P
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Wakko wrote:Geez, why all the hate against Tim Burton? >_> He has made good movies you know? Ie: Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. Most of these aren't recent, but he is capable of making good movies. :P
But they aren't movies I'm remotely interested in. Even slightly "horror" films are not my cup of Trac, and I dislike all the creepiness.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~