The Musical Journey

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yes, the hints have something to do with each song. Also, yes, you may Google to try and find these songs.

Thirdly, because I have to tell a person if each guess is correct on here or not, I will not post additional hints in this topic. From now on they will be scattered throughout the forum, mainly in the AIO discussion.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Why have you stopped giving clues in some of your posts? :P

1922 - "The Laughing Policeman"
1918 - "God Bless America"
1921 - "The Sheik of Araby"

*refrains from googling them all to figure them out*
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Belle wrote:1921 - "The Sheik of Araby"

*refrains from googling them all to figure them out*
I had that one, but wasn't sure what to do with it. ^,^
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

1917 - Over There
1927 - Are You Lonesome Tonight?

To be honest, I didn't actually know of "Over There" until I looked it up. :x
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

1939 - A song written to teach little children how to perform a tap-dance routine known as the "Waltz Clog." Originally known as The Teapot Song. (1939) - I'm a Little Teapot

1938 - I beg to be adored. I lost control, and tumbled overboard. (1938) - Heart and Soul

1937 - A very Depression-esque song, with a line of hit sung in the 1996 film Jingle All the Way. (Think of the scene with the illegal toy manufacturers.) (1937) - The Little Boy that Santa Forgot

1936 - A Bing Crosby song whose original recording was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2004. (1936) - Pennies from Heaven

1935 - Shirley Temple. Curly Top. (1935) - Hmm, not sure which you mean - Animal Crackers in My Soup is by far the most famous, When I Grow Up, Curly Top, It's All So New to Me, On the Beach at Waikiki, and the Simple Things in Life were all in the movie Curly Top and all from 1935.

1933 - The Hungarian Suicide Song (1933) - Gloomy Sunday

1932 - A song written by a pro-Communist author displaying the supposed abuses of wealthy capitalists upon a Chinese immigrant. (1932) - Chinaman, Laundryman

1931 - Things are never black as they are painted, It's time for you and Joy to get acquainted... (1931) - Smile, Darn Ya, Smile

1929 - Gene Kelly, 1952. (1929) - I have to assume Singin' in the Rain, though The Wedding of the Painted Doll, Should I?, and Were you meant for me? were all written in 1929 and in the movie =p

1928 - Helen Kane's famous hit. (If it helps, she was known as the Boop-A-Doop Girl.) (1928) - I Wanna Be Loved By You

I have to say this is fun just for seeing the old songs, you have a good list here...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Oh, my word, Limerick! You cleaned house with the 1930s! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Limerick: 11
Belle: 7
Connie G.: 1
sing: 1

Though I love the participation, 'twould be much more fun if more people would get in on this. There are forty-seven hints that are scattered throughout the board as of now, and only twenty have been found. This means there are still twenty-seven hints (and counting) laying hidden somewhere, waiting to be found! Happy continued hunting! \:D/
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Orange Juice wrote:Ironic enough for a Christmas topic. A novelty song recorded by 10-year-old Gayla Peevey. (1953)
I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.
xo eht haiasi-
Kaida
Fudge Marble

1947 - I'm My Own Grandpa

1943 - Sunday Monday or Always

1956 - Hot Diggity || Didn't know this one. Looked it up.

1946 - Jump in the Line

1941 - The Joint Is Really Jumpin' Down At Carnegie Hall || I haz this one on one of my favorite playlist =3

1951 - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas || Do you like Perry's version more or Bing's? I love Bing's.

1945 - Rum and Coca Cola || easy peasy
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

The Old Judge wrote:The song in the Alvin and the Chipmunks film The Chipmunk Adventure that Alvin, Simon, and Theodore sing while being suspended above the volcano about to be sacrificed by tribals. (1965)
"Wooly Bully", by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs. (Knew the song, didn't know who sang it.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Kaida wrote:1951 - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas || Do you like Perry's version more or Bing's? I love Bing's.
Bing's. Bing Crosby is amazing. Along that line, if you want to hear a good song of his, he and the Andrews Sisters did a song in 1947 called "Pistol Packin' Mama." It's great.

The current score is:

Belle: 7
Kaida: 6
Isaiah the Ox: 1
Woody: 1
TigerShadow: 1
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The Old Judge wrote: What does the 1971 film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Sammy Davis, Jr., have in common? (1972)
THE CANDY MAN! I HATE THIS SONG WITH A PASSION.

It's not because I had to listen to it over and over and over and over again when we first opened our store or something...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Belle: 8

I'm getting close to being done giving out hints. Thirty songs have already been discovered, but fifty-nine more are waiting to be guessed. I have eleven more hints to go. My post count is actually 1,999 with this post, so I will finish "A Musical Journey" on my 2,010th post.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Silly question, but why not go all the way to the current year?
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Because I'm already feeling bad about the garbage I'm hinting at. I feel uncomfortable with secular music (with only a handful of exceptions) after 1965. Just think how much music has degraded from 2000 to 2016. O.o
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

1904 - Meet Me in St. Louis
1905 - In My Merry Oldsmobile
1961 - Stand By Me
1962 - Johnny Angel
1963 - Hey Paula
1964 - Under The Boardwalk
1966 - I Fought the Law
1967 - Snoopy vs. The Red Baron
1969 - Crystal Blue Persuasion
1970 - Signed, Sealed, and Delivered, I'm Yours
1971 - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
1973 - Ain't Too Proud to Beg
1974 - Time in a Bottle??
1976 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
1977 - Galactic Funk
1978 - Jack and Jill
1979 - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
1980 - Another One Bites the Dust (So many good songs from the 70s and 80s in this movie, not sure if i picked the right one though.)
1981 - America (celever hint)
1982 - Eye of the Tiger
1983 - Lawyers in Love
1984 - Back in Time
1985 - We Built This City??
1986 - We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off
1987 - Hip To Be Square??
1988 - Naughty Girls Need Love Too
1989 - BatDance
1990 - Wooden Heart
1991 - The Motown Song

The 60s and 70s were the best decades for music. Also, Old Judge, I think you should keep going up until the current year, Sure theres a lot of trash music our there, but theres also a lot of great music and I'm sure you could pick out a few good songs to keep the game going. :)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wretched!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I can't believe that you're back! I never thought I would see you again. Not only did you reappear, you absolutely turned this game on its head. The current score is:

Wretched Sinner: 29
Belle: 8

I guess it's right that one old SS relic should win the game hosted by another. ;)
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The Old Judge wrote:Because I'm already feeling bad about the garbage I'm hinting at. I feel uncomfortable with secular music (with only a handful of exceptions) after 1965. Just think how much music has degraded from 2000 to 2016. O.o
There's no clean secular recent music? O.o
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

OLD JUDGE!! Good to see you too! I've been lurking pretty frequently, just haven't been posting. But I love music, and I love the idea of your game so I'm having a ton of fun!

1992 - I Can't Help Falling in Love With You??
1993 - Bad Boys
1994 - All For Love