VeggieTales

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

To be honest, the new show is basically just another little kids show. It's pretty boring, humor is non-existent, the lessons are really forced and the characters are pretty one-dimensional.
The designs really aren't that bad and the animation is pretty good.

I wouldn't say it "ruined" Veggie Tales, it's just a bad take on it, especially for people who grew up with the show.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I thought the show was pretty funny. I mean, obviously geared for more little, little kids. I thought the humor was there. I liked the new high-fives they have now. I thought that was a nice addition.

I don't have a big attachment to VeggieTales as I once did, I stopped watching after Sweet Pea Beauty (back in 2010) so after seeing the new look, I think it's good for what it is.
Wakko
Pistachio

Nelson S. wrote:I thought the show was pretty funny. I mean, obviously geared for more little, little kids. I thought the humor was there. I liked the new high-fives they have now. I thought that was a nice addition.

I don't have a big attachment to VeggieTales as I once did, I stopped watching after Sweet Pea Beauty (back in 2010) so after seeing the new look, I think it's good for what it is.
Yup this. ^ It's not the best thing in the world, but it's a heck of a lot better than most of the newer episodes. =P
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote:I thought the show was pretty funny. I mean, obviously geared for more little, little kids. I thought the humor was there. I liked the new high-fives they have now. I thought that was a nice addition.

Sorry but the high-five makes it to much like a comic book! :cry:
Proud K.R.E Member
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

(yes this is old, but I don't think bumping matters that much...? :anxious: )

I just realized that the one song from Sumo of the Opera is a rip-off from another opera, The Makaido, by Gilbert and Sullivan. O___O I knew it was a parody of other movies (Rocky/Karate Kid/who-knows-what-else), but I did not know it was a musical parody as well. In fact, "A Sumo Can't Go Wrong" is the only original song in the story Sumo of the Opera (not the entire film). Veggietales is mainly just parodies, but I was surprised to be playing through my one classical book, and found I was playing "Flowers that Bloom in the Spring." xD
xo eht haiasi-
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I watch them now and again but I always go back to the old ones.
Proud K.R.E Member
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

VeggieTales now has a new series which is called The VeggieTales Show, and the characters are back to their original designs.
https://bigidea.fandom.com/wiki/The_VeggieTales_Show
Patterson
Strawberry

That show looks really fun from the clips I've seen. Unfortunately, after it ended, the owners replaced Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki as the voices of Bob and Larry. :(
Here's what Phil said on twitter:

I tried listening to an episode of the veggietales podcast and while the replacement actors did an admirable attempt of copying Bob and Larry's voices, the writing was AWFUL! Larry was written like he was five years old,
just like their only intended audience. For most of it's history, VT was one of those special shows intended for a very young audience that was also entertaining for adults. The future doesn't look bright for it right now, but then again "In the future, entertainment will be randomly generated!" Maybe veggietales will be better after the AI uprising :wacky:
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

Unfortunately, I read about it on the Big Idea wiki which also said that Phil Vischers Tweet was deleted so the Odysseyscoop might be the only place to read the actually tweet, but I agree it's unfortunate that Phil Vischer, and Mike Nawrocki were fired from Veggietales which they originally created, and I don't have any interest in listening to that podcast.