It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:10 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I believe it is about time to bring back this topic. Jodie Whittaker just had her first episode as the Doctor release, and I read that it got record viewership. Honestly, I'm not surprised. I watched the first episode, and I am completely in love with her as the Doctor. She did a fantastic job.

What are y'alls thoughts on 13? I want to cosplay as her as soon as I can.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:52 pm 
Cookies & Creme

I really enjoyed 13's debut, I think the haters were proven quite wrong. :)

No significant spoilers here, but everyone's sensitivities are different, so:

I'm glad they didn't make the gender change a big deal. They didn't play the meta game and try to justify the choice to those who doubted it, they just made a solid episode of Doctor Who which featured a Doctor that just happened to be female. I think that'll pay off.

As for the episode itself, as I said, I really enjoyed it. I think the new 1-hour format was a good choice, it gives them some time to let the mystery of the monster unfold, and have some more extended dialogue and developmental scenes for the characters. Speaking of the characters, I love Yaz and Ryan! I'm not entirely sold on Graham yet, though. He's a perfectly likable character, but it seems like he's trying to fill a Wilfred Mott role, and less effectively. Hopefully he gets a little more development in future episodes.

One more thing, I love the ingenuity of 13! They did a "No TARDIS, No Screwdriver" episode a la "The Eleventh Hour", and it really showcased 13's resourcefulness. Also, she's the first Doctor to build a Sonic, no?

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8