It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:29 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:41 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
I know we have a couple of Whovians (Doctor Who Fans), and I decided this needed it's own thread. And for all of you who haven't seen Doctor Who. Be warned ......if you start.....you will never go back. O.o It's that great. So here you can discuss your favorite doctors, favorite companions, fav episode, fav season, and just anything about Doctor Who.

LONG LIVE WHOVIANS


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 pm 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: NC, USA
Gender: Female
fodo14 wrote:
......if you start.....you will never go back.
I watched the first episode ("Rose") and was embarrassed! I guess if it's supposed to be so stupid that it's funny, you might have a winner. I have a friend who says that it doesn't get any better- As far as quality goes. She said that it's horribleness was part of the appeal.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 1943
Location: A Magic Shop
Gender: Female
Liz'alike wrote:
As far as quality goes. She said that it's horribleness was part of the appeal.

Horrible is appealing? To whom? I don't get this...

_________________
Image
꿈. 희망. 전진.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Liz'alike wrote:
fodo14 wrote:
......if you start.....you will never go back.
I watched the first episode ("Rose") and was embarrassed! I guess if it's supposed to be so stupid that it's funny, you might have a winner. I have a friend who says that it doesn't get any better- As far as quality goes. She said that it's horribleness was part of the appeal.


Yes the first episode is really cheesy, and the whole first season can be pretty corny. But when I mean start I don't mean watch the first episode and then stop after a friend tells me it doesn't get any better. Watch the whole first season, and some of the second, thats what start means ;) . Plus it does get WAY WAY WAY better. But if cheap action and explosion tricks are your looking for......you might not want to continue. (also the second episode, may and mostly likely freak you out, and make you never watch this show again cause of the cornyness of the episode.) but ofcouse, that seperates the Whovians from the common people ;)


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 pm
Posts: 2239
Location: Gone to college.
Gender: Male
@fodo
What you're saying doesn't seem like a valid enough reason to become a Whovian. (Speaking for everyone) I think you just have to like it because you want to like it.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Nelson S. wrote:
@fodo
What you're saying doesn't seem like a valid enough reason to become a Whovian. (Speaking for everyone) I think you just have to like it because you want to like it.


Well first off all, i'm not trying to persuade you guys to watch it. I could care less. I was just relpying to a negative comment. If you want a million different reasons why to watch it then look it up on the internet. Also it is one of the most nerdy shows ever....so if you dont like LOTR, Harry Potter, Star Wars Star Trek, Avatar the Last Airbender, Aherlock, ect, you might not like this.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 pm 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 am
Posts: 838
Location: In the Village
Gender: Female
There are some corny moments. But there are some soaring, fantastic ones! Especially as the seasons go on. Personally, I saw a few old Doctor Who episodes (my mom used to watch the Tom Baker ones) and then I happened to catch the third episode one day when I was at a hotel. That one was good; I'm not sure what I would have thought if I'd seen the first episode well, first. But I do like almost anything that has to do with science fiction (though there are some really dumb sci-fi things...), so it was almost inevitable that I like it.
But it wasn't inevitable that I like it as much as I do! One of my favorite shows. It's the Doctor, his whole persona, mystique, mythology, that makes the show, IMO.

_________________
Avatar by Laura Hollingsworth (thesilvereye)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: NC, USA
Gender: Female
@ Fodo: Well maybe someday I'll watch more... but it's not on my list of things to do in this life, so it probably won't happen. I'll just say that I DON'T LIKE SCI-FI. Period. I've never cared for star wars, though I grew up watching them (the old ones.)
So I guess I'll just never be a Whovian.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Ameraka wrote:
There are some corny moments. But there are some soaring, fantastic ones! Especially as the seasons go on. Personally, I saw a few old Doctor Who episodes (my mom used to watch the Tom Baker ones) and then I happened to catch the third episode one day when I was at a hotel. That one was good; I'm not sure what I would have thought if I'd seen the first episode well, first. But I do like almost anything that has to do with science fiction (though there are some really dumb sci-fi things...), so it was almost inevitable that I like it.
But it wasn't inevitable that I like it as much as I do! One of my favorite shows. It's the Doctor, his whole persona, mystique, mythology, that makes the show, IMO.


I yeah, I'm going threw the newer episodes first before heading to the classical ones. I also want to see the old movie which looks pretty good. (I love old Sci Fi Movies). ALSO!

Whos everyones favorite Doctor? So far mines David Tennet.(don't judge me, iv'e only seen the first 3 seasons to the newer episodes).


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 pm 
Lemon Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Posts: 3062
Location: Next to a volcano! (Seriously!)
Gender: Male
I haven't seen any doctor who's...yet, but I want to. My dad used to watch episodes/movies with the 2nd and 3rd doctor when he was younger


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Wretched Sinner wrote:
I haven't seen any doctor who's...yet, but I want to. My dad used to watch episodes/movies with the 2nd and 3rd doctor when he was younger

You should try it out, like we have been saying. The first season of the newer episodes is pretty cornie, but it gets better. And thats awesome that your dad used to watch them, it's kind of amazing how long it's been going on all these years. I hope it will still be going on for my future kids to watch :D


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:20 pm 
Caramel Crunch
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois
Gender: Male
I love Doctor who.
My Favorites...
Doctor: Tennant (The 10th Doctor)
Companion: Donna Noble
Series: 4, the final normal episode of David Tennant's Era.
TARDIS Design: The Newest one shown in the Snowmen
Episode: The Stolen Earth or The Christmas Invasion
Catch Phrase: Allon'sy (I misspelled it for sure, but it's what Tennant says)

_________________
Emuman


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Emuman wrote:
I love Doctor who.
My Favorites...
Doctor: Tennant (The 10th Doctor)
Companion: Donna Noble
Series: 4, the final normal episode of David Tennant's Era.
TARDIS Design: The Newest one shown in the Snowmen
Episode: The Stolen Earth or The Christmas Invasion
Catch Phrase: Allon'sy (I misspelled it for sure, but it's what Tennant says)


Sweet, I'm not really liking Donna so far. Shes mostly LOUD! My favorite companion would be Rose.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm 
Caramel Crunch
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois
Gender: Male
Well, she kinda is loud for the rest of the season...but it's funny :)

_________________
Emuman


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Emuman wrote:
Well, she kinda is loud for the rest of the season...but it's funny :)

Yeah, I guess I just need to warm up to her. What seasons have you seen?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 pm 
Caramel Crunch
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 pm
Posts: 166
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois
Gender: Male
@ Fodo12: All of the new ones

NEW EPISODES START UP IN 10 DAYS!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! The list of episodes is the Following...
The Bells of Saint John
The Rings of Akhaten
Cold War
Hide
Journey to the Center of the TARDIS
The Crimson Horror
The Last Cyberman
The last episode is not known what but it looks amazing.

Anyone have any speculations about Clara Oswin Oswald?

_________________
Emuman


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:08 am 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 615
Gender: Female
Not really....
Except that I love her! And think she is awesome!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
Joy wrote:
Not really....
Except that I love her! And think she is awesome!


JOY!!! YOU WATCH DOCTOR WHO??????/..........How have we known each other all this time....and this never came up.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm
Posts: 615
Gender: Female
fodo14 wrote:
Joy wrote:
Not really....
Except that I love her! And think she is awesome!


JOY!!! YOU WATCH DOCTOR WHO??????/..........How have we known each other all this time....and this never came up.

Sometimes.
I don't know how it didn't.....perhaps cause we weren't in the mood to talk about it?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Doctor Who Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:09 am 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm
Posts: 638
Gender: Male
This is just rumors, but it looks like maybe JUST MAYBE! Peter Jackson (The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, King Kong, Adventures of Tintin) might direct an Doctor Who episode, but then he may make a Doctor Who Movie! :D :D So happy right now. Heres an article http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-peter-jackson-episode-director/

It says hes a big fan of Doctor Who, and would do the episode FREE!

Peter Jackson with his privet Doctor Who Collection.
Image


What do you guys think?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net