Winter Olympics

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Winter Olympics

Who's watching or intends to watch some of the events? What's your favorite?

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mara
Pistachio

My family has been watching them. Ice skating is my favorite. Especially the ice dancing!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've been watching. I really like snowboarding and skiing. I really want to watch the men snowboard halfpipe. Watching the women snowboard isn't that interesting. Men take a lot more chances. XD
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I like ice skating! Probably all of them! :) The only one I don't really want to watch is hockey. :P
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Mara
Pistachio

I agree with Beth. They are all pretty fun to watch!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I watched a lot on Saturday, mostly ice skating and snowboarding. The figure skating is so beautiful; I've always loved to watch it. It was exciting to see the snowboarding guy Sage Klotsenberg win the gold for the US. Since Saturday I haven't had a lot of time to watch, though so now I don't know much of what's going on. :(

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Mara
Pistachio

I was cheering for Alex Bilodeau in the freestyle mogul skiing last night. He and his brother with cerebral palsy had such a beautiful and inspiring story.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I kinda sorta watched the women's ski/shoot competition.
Pretty cool. Those targets are tiny! And if they miss they lose lots of time. That would be seriously nerve-wracking... My cousin said he wanted to try it.
But considering his list of past tried-and-gone-on-to-something-more-interesting sports...

tennis

kitesurfing

snowboarding

the list goes on and on...
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Mara
Pistachio

I felt bad for Shaun White when her didn't earn a medal last night.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I know. It was rather disappointing for me as well. Though according to the officials, the halfpipe wasn't at it's best. Because of the temperature and the snow. So that didn't help.

Silly snow, Trix are for kids.
Purple Panda
Strawberry

All I want to know is what happened to the poor guy who was in charge of the ring that didn't light up in the opening ceremony... He probably got fired. It doesn't go over well when Mother Russia is disappointed :D

I really wanted to see more of the figure skating (sue me) but I missed the night a lot of it was on :( the women's skiing was on tonight though... Super cool!
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

Purple Panda wrote:All I want to know is what happened to the poor guy who was in charge of the ring that didn't light up in the opening ceremony...
He was found dead in the street two days later. :(

Snowboarding and speed skating are my favorites, but I like mostly everything. Except curling. Definitely not curling. :x
Nothing.
Purple Panda
Strawberry

He was found dead in the street two days later. :(
It obviously goes without saying that one does not simply "let down Mother Russia."

Call me girly, but my top pick would be figure skating/ice dancing. But it is quickly followed by any kind of skiing :)
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

For once, I will post in General Discussion, due to the fact that I am a crazed Olympic fan.

My favorite Olympic sports: Curling and bobsledding.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

There was one snowboarding dude who had the brilliant idea of putting a raw egg in his pocket for good luck before his run. As predicted, he crashed big time...XD
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Helios
Butter Pecan

The Old Judge wrote:For once, I will post in General Discussion, due to the fact that I am a crazed Olympic fan.

My favorite Olympic sports: Curling and bobsledding.
Curling...? *faints dead away* I hate to sound like a jerk here, but that....is....so.....unbelievable. It's...how can you... *faints again*

BTW, Panda, I personally believe that guy who offended Mother Russia got sucked through a worm-hole into the Negative Zone. But that's just me, pay no heed. :D
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I wonder if Shaun White will be in the next winter Olympics... since didn't win anything. :P
And i wonder if Michael Phelps is gonna to swim next summer...he seems to say he's not going to each year, then does.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage