Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Nope. You're Belle until the end of time. Always and forever no takebacks.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:Nope. You're Belle until the end of time. Always and forever no takebacks.
...but I didn't start as Belle on here...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

TOO BAD YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR NAME IF IT MAKES ME UNHAPPY

Haha, I remember you back when you were GodsGirl. :P I still recall that one Applejack set you had (at least I'm pretty sure it was you). I...may or may not have lurked like a total creep on here for awhile. :anxious:
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:TOO BAD YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR NAME IF IT MAKES ME UNHAPPY

Haha, I remember you back when you were GodsGirl. :P I still recall that one Applejack set you had (at least I'm pretty sure it was you). I...may or may not have lurked like a total creep on here for awhile. :anxious:
No, that sounds like me. Also, even before I was God's Girl, I was godsgirl6153
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Oh wow, I remember that, back in 2012. O.o That was 5 years ago. *reminiscing time*
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Belle wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:TOO BAD YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR NAME IF IT MAKES ME UNHAPPY

No, that sounds like me. Also, even before I was God's Girl, I was godsgirl6153
What was the 6153 about? Your social security number? O.o

I'm with Tiger on this one. To this day, I'd probably call you Belle over your real name if I ever met you. :P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:
Belle wrote:Also, even before I was God's Girl, I was godsgirl6153
What was the 6153 about? Your social security number? O.o

I'm with Tiger on this one. To this day, I'd probably call you Belle over your real name if I ever met you. :P
That's confidential. But no, not my SSN.

Also, you'd call me Belle over Doll? I thought more people called me Doll, but maybe I'm wrong. :O
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Honestly, I'm still blown by the fact that you're blonde. With a name like Belle, I sort of always pictured you as the Disney Princess.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:Honestly, I'm still blown by the fact that you're blonde. With a name like Belle, I sort of always pictured you as the Disney Princess.
Nope. I just chose Belle cause she's my favorite princess.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Haha. First of all. That profile picture. Thank you. It will serve as a constant reminder of how much my world sucks. No hard feelings, I just feel the doctor should be a man, or at least shouldn't be a woman merely to satisfy the feminists.
Second of all
You're a blond? Huh. Weird. Yeah, I think I always pictured you as a brunette.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I obviously look like my profile picture. XD
I am with you Belle! Belle is the best princess! Also, did you draw that profile?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Kungfunaomi wrote:I obviously look like my profile picture. XD
I am with you Belle! Belle is the best princess! Also, did you draw that profile?
I am blonde, have always been blonde, will always be blonde.

Nope, I found it on a Doctor Who fansite, and I loved it.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

PennyBassett wrote:Haha. First of all. That profile picture. Thank you. It will serve as a constant reminder of how much my world sucks. No hard feelings, I just feel the doctor should be a man, or at least shouldn't be a woman merely to satisfy the feminists.
I really appreciate how you obviously have absolute insight into why the casting of the new doctor was what it is :P
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

There's a difference between tokenism and using diversity as a storytelling tool. It's sort of like complaining about Rey from TFA because you think the only reason why she exists is to satisfy feminists. I mean, I'm not saying that tokenism isn't a thing that happens and is pretty obnoxious where it exists, but representation is important and does matter.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Yeah, they've shown a long time ago that time lords' regenerations can be any gender or race. :P
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

tIME IS A THEORY.

that is all.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:There's a difference between tokenism and using diversity as a storytelling tool. It's sort of like complaining about Rey from TFA because you think the only reason why she exists is to satisfy feminists. I mean, I'm not saying that tokenism isn't a thing that happens and is pretty obnoxious where it exists, but representation is important and does matter.
Oh, I agree, and it can be annoying when they push something too hard. But like- Rey? Man, I love that character. :yes: I don't think they were being annoying about that one.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

So I just ran my first trail half marathon! \:D/ The course was wayyy different from what I thought it would be like, and I had read about it beforehand. Any notions I had of a decent pace or finishing time went out the window, and I ended up averaging 11 minute miles. There were literally dozens of fallen logs across the trail, three creeks, mud, a couple of places the trail was just washed out and you had to climb ~5 feet down and up, and it was also basically covered with rocks and tree roots. Oh, and the course was of a there-and-back design, so you had to run through all of that twice. The entire course was also surprisingly hilly for Indiana, and by the end I just couldn't run up hills anymore and had to walk them. That being said, the scenery was absolutely gorgeous, and overall it was a really fun experience. I'm considering running another half marathon this fall, but a non-trail one where I can keep a faster pace.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Good job! That sounds like fun!

Belle: I have always picture you as a blond. *angelic smile* at least someone thought you were blond :) ;) :o

-- Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:03 pm --

Any ideas on how to decorate this without fondant?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361202832590365764/

My nephew wants it for his birthday....

Hmmm, why did I volunteer to do that????? Ai, ai, ai!!!

-- Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 pm --

So first of all the Caleb turned out really well! He was super excited about it!

Second, I'm going to camp so I will be off the internet for ten days. Have fun while I'm gone!!!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
EnderWarrior36
Strawberry

I have a doctor's appointment today :cry: :mad: :boohoo:
screeeeeeeee