Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:There's a difference between tokenism and using diversity as a storytelling tool. It's sort of like complaining about Rey from TFA because you think the only reason why she exists is to satisfy feminists. I mean, I'm not saying that tokenism isn't a thing that happens and is pretty obnoxious where it exists, but representation is important and does matter.
The goal is always to tell the best story possible. If a story works best with mostly one gender or race (i.e., Sugar Creek gang), then that's great. If it works best with mixing things up and including different genders and races (i.e., Spider-man Homecoming), that's great too. Tokenism occurs when diversity is introduced with no benefit to the story.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I really like the way you put that. That is very well said Ninja. Thanks!!!

-- Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:02 am --
Tea Ess wrote:
In other news, Saudi Arabia became slightly more tolerable today. \:D/ https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/g ... women.html
But only SLIGHTLY :D
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Who is everyone. I know like 5 people on the SS anymore. XD EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE I WAS A SODA SHOP YOUNGIN. sigh.

I'm getting old :(
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

LOL yeah a lot of people have come and gone :/ But that's life, you know?
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've come and gone so many times I'm like the epitome of the implied concept/reasoning behind the phrase "that's life." :p

Things were great back in the hay day, though. I miss..life. Old life. I'm nostalgic now.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

LOL I have been feeling that way too. I want my life before June 30 back!!!
Jo March
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

I want life to be easy! But then it would be no fun. Hummmm.....
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

That's my wish too, Sam.

I really miss being young and naive.
~Two of your five a day~.
Helios
Butter Pecan

I AM still young and naive, which is not as good as everyone remembers. :D The past always seems safer cause at least you know you made it.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I have also wished for a much simpler life an abundance of times. Sometimes getting tied into knots and uniting all the knots can get ever so dull and stressful.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

YASSSS that is so dang true!!!!
Jo March
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Samantha14 wrote:I've come and gone so many times I'm like the epitome of the implied concept/reasoning behind the phrase "that's life." :p

Things were great back in the hay day, though. I miss..life. Old life. I'm nostalgic now.
*is nostalgic with Sam
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Me= !aughing you guys are funny! Rough day and this made me laugh thanks. Well anyhow mind if I rent out my problem? Well I have a friend and sometimes she is mean but other times she is the best friend that I knew before this has been going on and off for a bit now like last year and now this year. I really like her but this is super hard to deal with this. Any clue what I should do? :?: Thanks.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Happy Indigenous People's Day, everyone! \:D/
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I prefer to be old fashion and call it Columbus Day.

-- Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm --
Katie10 wrote:Me= !aughing you guys are funny! Rough day and this made me laugh thanks. Well anyhow mind if I rent out my problem? Well I have a friend and sometimes she is mean but other times she is the best friend that I knew before this has been going on and off for a bit now like last year and now this year. I really like her but this is super hard to deal with this. Any clue what I should do? :?: Thanks.

Well like it says in 1 Corinthians 13:7 "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." You also have to look and see if it's a healthy friendship. Could you bring up your spiritual life and would they encourage you or would it be awkward and would they shrug it off. Also are they a good example? The Bible says "Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”" So my advise would be bring it to her attention. In Proverbs 27:6 it says "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses". So kindly tell her your thought and prayerfully consider what you will say. Also this is my personal opinion. I may be completely wrong. You don't have to follow my advise.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:I prefer to be old fashion and call it Columbus Day.

-- Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm --
Katie10 wrote:Me= !aughing you guys are funny! Rough day and this made me laugh thanks. Well anyhow mind if I rent out my problem? Well I have a friend and sometimes she is mean but other times she is the best friend that I knew before this has been going on and off for a bit now like last year and now this year. I really like her but this is super hard to deal with this. Any clue what I should do? :?: Thanks.

Well like it says in 1 Corinthians 13:7 "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." You also have to look and see if it's a healthy friendship. Could you bring up your spiritual life and would they encourage you or would it be awkward and would they shrug it off. Also are they a good example? The Bible says "Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”" So my advise would be bring it to her attention. In Proverbs 27:6 it says "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses". So kindly tell her your thought and prayerfully consider what you will say. Also this is my personal opinion. I may be completely wrong. You don't have to follow my advise.
Thank you this helped more than you could know.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Yeah Samantha, a lot of people have come and gone since I joined. And honestly, that is just life.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Guess who's doing nanowrimo this year? :mad:

Honestly, I need this. I haven't done nearly enough creative writing recently and while working under deadlines can be very stressful, it could be good for me.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

That should be fuuun! I'm sure it will turn out great.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

GJFH wrote:Image
Guess who's doing nanowrimo this year? :mad:

Honestly, I need this. I haven't done nearly enough creative writing recently and while working under deadlines can be very stressful, it could be good for me.
Go Jo you will rock it!