Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Wretched Sinner wrote:
Helios wrote:*contemplates for a moment* It seems kinda weird to think of Bilbo getting married. ;) But then, he is "very small". (that's a Treebeard reference)

What's even weirder is that Benedict Cumberbatch played the Necromancer in Unexpected Journey. Sherlock has apparently gotten a little too smart for his own good. O.o
Not only does he play the necromancer, but he also voices Smaug.
Wow...that guy has a tooooooooon of leeway with his voice. But I've only seen the first movie so I haven't heard Smaug's voice yet (cept in trailers anyway)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

*waves finger in Helios's face* You haven't watched the second one yet!? No, no, no, no, no.... slap your tongue!

I went on a babysitting trip a few days ago and I was gone for a couple days. I had a fun time and the child I watched was practically perfect in every way.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

We got a PUPPY!

Well, no, not really, she's almost 3, actually.

Her name is Shadow, and she's an all-black longhaired dachshund.

She's still pretty skittish, getting used to her new surroundings.

She came from a small breeder, who wasn't able to breed her.

~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

AAAAAAAAA! She's SO cute! Look at them stubby legs! *faints* How sweet! Is she a family dog or yours?
-Nicolas Cage
Purple Panda
Strawberry

She's adorable!!! Is she pretty friendly though?
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:AAAAAAAAA! She's SO cute! Look at them stubby legs! *faints* How sweet! Is she a family dog or yours?
A family dog. :)
Purple Panda wrote:She's adorable!!! Is she pretty friendly though?
She is super sweet and mellow when she's being held..but otherwise, she's super skittish and freaked out about everything.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Cool dog.
I am dead tired of work.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

She's soo cute, GG!

We just got MORE snow........ O.o
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Stella C. wrote:She's soo cute, GG!

We just got MORE snow........ O.o
Me too.

I got like....3 feet yesterday and last night, but school wasn't cancelled.

INCONCEIVABLE!!!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

@GG, Did she have a hard background or is that just her personality?

It iced a little this afternoon/evening. And it's making me REALLY want to go ice skating. :P
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:@GG, Did she have a hard background or is that just her personality?
It's a little of both, actually. She hasn't really been around other people, or in a house, but I think she'll always been a little shy.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm sure she's darling anyway! :D

Has anyone ever heard of Scott Hamilton? He's a great ice skater that some friends showed us. ;)
-Nicolas Cage
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Aww, she's so cute!
I've been reading several books about dog rescuers and now
I WANT A DOG!!
:|
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Anyone watch the Oscars yesterday? I didn't, but I did see Benedict Cumberbatch's photobombing... I bet Martin Freeman dared him to do it xD
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

God's Girl wrote:We got a PUPPY!

Well, no, not really, she's almost 3, actually.

Her name is Shadow, and she's an all-black longhaired dachshund.

She's still pretty skittish, getting used to her new surroundings.

She came from a small breeder, who wasn't able to breed her.

Hey, everybody in my family has flashlights like that one
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

AshleyWhittaker wrote:Anyone watch the Oscars yesterday? I didn't, but I did see Benedict Cumberbatch's photobombing... I bet Martin Freeman dared him to do it xD
No.. But I watched Idina Menzel's (sp?) performance of Let it Go from the Oscars, later on youtbube
;)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Whale, I'm sad to say that we took Shadow back last night. :( She just wasn't right for us.

So, we're once again dog-less. :(
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

So sorry, GG. :(

I feel bad for all those sad, homeless snails.
Now, try to figure out what book THAT'S FROM. (It's not a quote, no one actually says it.)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

My English class and I get to listen to blind justice on Monday, because it's about 12 angry men, which we are studying! :D
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Ooooh. That's cool.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle