Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm currently snacking on Graham crackers while listening to the Aladdin soundtrack and an ice-cream truck just drove past my house...I immediately thought of No Way Out, No Way In :inlove:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Hermione
Chocolate Chip

Some days the internet just drops the most stupendous gift right into your lap. Sometimes, that gift takes the form of An Open Letter to Rey from Star Wars. \:D/

Read. Savor the lunacy. Participate in a dramatic reading with friends and family. Just be sure to monitor your blood pressure.
"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." - Flannery O'Connor
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

And as a sworn gentleman, I’m loath to cause you any pain or embarrassment.
*cringes*

Was it satire? Please be satire.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I feel like this article is the most patronizing thing I've read in a while.

"I don't mean to be patronizing, but I'm going to spend a few hundred words talking down to women because duhhhhhh women can't be strong or physically fit or anything. And I know I'm generalizing hugely, but it's OK because the Bible generalizes."
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Woah. 0____0 where did you read that? :evil:

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Unrelated, but @Paula: YAAAASSSS THE BEST SET MAKES ITS TRIUMPHANT RETURN \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Paula
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:Unrelated, but @Paula: YAAAASSSS THE BEST SET MAKES ITS TRIUMPHANT RETURN \:D/

IT'S JUST SO TIMELESS...IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN :mrgreen: *applauds Lady Belle*

*awkwardly stumbles out of the topic behind Tiger before the feminists surface* :anxious:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yooooooooo the set is back :D
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Paula wrote:*awkwardly stumbles out of the topic behind Tiger before the feminists surface* :anxious:
I had no interest in reading that thing, honestly. As soon as I saw that it was an "open letter to Rey", I figured it was just yet another Star Wars uber-fan whining about how Rey is trying to be "suuuuper feminist" at the expense of the male characters due to her "unrealistic" skills with the Force. (Because we can believe in an eight-year-old product of a literal virgin birth piloting a ship into space and blowing stuff up, we can believe a farm boy with zero proper battle training going up against the aforementioned Force prodigy and not only surviving, but actually managing to impress the guy, but a girl whose abilities are clearly shown as the result of having to fend for herself since she was a child being competent at multiple things? MARY SUE ALERT!)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Smirks*
Also Rey was a rather unrealistic superhero to a degree. Although its a given she is the strongest ever to have the force. *Shrugs* That is what proffesional reviews say. But hey aren't half of all superheroes unrealistic? I mean seriously who learns how to fight in under four weeks with a sword and go cut up half an army.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

TigerShadow wrote:
Paula wrote:*awkwardly stumbles out of the topic behind Tiger before the feminists surface* :anxious:
I had no interest in reading that thing, honestly. As soon as I saw that it was an "open letter to Rey", I figured it was just yet another Star Wars uber-fan whining about how Rey is trying to be "suuuuper feminist" at the expense of the male characters due to her "unrealistic" skills with the Force. (Because we can believe in an eight-year-old product of a literal virgin birth piloting a ship into space and blowing stuff up, we can believe a farm boy with zero proper battle training going up against the aforementioned Force prodigy and not only surviving, but actually managing to impress the guy, but a girl whose abilities are clearly shown as the result of having to fend for herself since she was a child being competent at multiple things? MARY SUE ALERT!)
Duhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't that obvious? :P
Paula
Peach Cobbler

SirWhit wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:
Duhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't that obvious? :P
OH MY GOODNESS. Y'all don't make any sense :x
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Whale, I have three finals in the next 3 days, and they're all open note/book. Once they're done, I'll officially be a Junior in college.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Today I went to a Comic-Con! I cosplayed Mabel Pines and I was surprised how many people recognized me! I had 15 people comment, 12 people ask for my picture and 8 people wanted a hug. xD
Found a Dipper and had to show how much taller I was! xD #nerd
I literally stayed in character all day. At one point, I bent down to a little kid because he was dressed cute. I told him I loved his outfit and he said thanks, still looking at the floor. He then looked up at me and he asked me with widened eyes and open mouth, "Are you Mabel?!" I said I was and he gave me a hug! He was totes cute!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Helios
Butter Pecan

Bethany, I went and listened to Meghan Trainor.

AND NOW I CANNOT GET YOUR SIGNATURE OUT OF MY HEAD!!! :twisted:

I also watched the music video. Seriously, if she wants the guys to leave her alone, stop dressing like that! :roll: ;) And the red hair makes her look like the music director from a church I once attended (and I am okay with that, and I am not okay with that) :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Goodness I'm jealous of you Bethany. Is this the first time you attended Comic Con?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Helios wrote:Bethany, I went and listened to Meghan Trainor.

AND NOW I CANNOT GET YOUR SIGNATURE OUT OF MY HEAD!!! :twisted:

I also watched the music video. Seriously, if she wants the guys to leave her alone, stop dressing like that! :roll: ;) And the red hair makes her look like the music director from a church I once attended (and I am okay with that, and I am not okay with that) :D
:twisted: :twisted: Your welcome.

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with all of her lyrics, but I enjoy her in general as an artist. #cinemasins
GJFH wrote:Goodness I'm jealous of you Bethany. Is this the first time you attended Comic Con?
Yup. My best friend is actually a professional cosplayer, so she got me interested. She leads a group called Jesus Otaku, where they spread the gospel at Anime Conventions. She said she'd love to have me on the team since I'm out going, especially when I'm in character.
-Nicolas Cage
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Okay, general definition for the uninitiated, can you explain what "Cosplay" is?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It's a portmanteau of "costume" and "play", and it's essentially dressing up in a costume representing a character from a fandom—sort of like a fancier Halloween costume. A lot of people get really into it; they'll make full body armor and create their own wigs and sew their own outfits out of the closest material they can find to match the original. I know of one girl who made a costume out of La Muerte from The Book of Life, and she made this massive hat and actually attached a bunch of little candles to it, and she also did full face-paint makeup to emulate the character. It's a staple of fan conventions, and plenty of them have cosplay awards.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

MAY THE FORTH BE WITH YOU!
-Nicolas Cage