Awana

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Awana

I do Awana and I was wondering how many people here do Awana. I know a few people here do.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Not me, but I've gone to my friends and it is fun. I'll bet that lots of others do, though.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I used to, and it was awesome :)
RyanCummings
Strawberry

I am currently in the High School club for it, Journey. I did Cubbies, T&T, and Trek as well in Awana.

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I'm in book 1 of Trek. I just started (Trek) a week ago. I have done Awana since Cubbies.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Okie
Caramel Crunch

I do Awana currently, I'm in book 2 of Trek and I have done Awana since T&T
Did anyone else get the new Trek curriculum this year?
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Same here, 'cept I started in the last year of Sparkies and did all three books that year. I'm also in the first book of Trek.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Trek? What is that?
Okie
Caramel Crunch

It's the Junior high division.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I'm in the 1st year of Journey (Senior High division), waiting until next year when I can be an LIT!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

What's LIT?

I just finished Trek 1 on Wednesday. What day of the week does everyone have their Awana?
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ours is Wednesday too. LIT is Leader In Training, or a Journey kid (10th grade at least) who is being a leader to kids in 6th grade or younger.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Our church does Cubbies through Trek. I help out in Sparks, (my favorite age range) and we run between 15 and 20. The nice thing is that our church has an old self-contained school/gymnasium building that we bought years ago. We use that for AWANA. Speaking of which, it's Pilgrim and Indian Night tomorrow! :D
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

My little brothers dressed up as Indians. They were so cute! There were NO brown T-shirts to be found. Anywhere. So we dyed their white ones brown, glued on some home-made fringe, made headbands with feathers out of fringe-material, and they were good to go. Ever since my youngest brother (3) has been saying "How!" to people :D. I didn't dress up as no one else from 6th grade up does, and I've had experience being the ONLY ONE who went all-out on dress up night... to find out no one else had costumes on. :oops: :P But it's fun to see all the costumes! TOJ, does your church's AWANA have Patriotic theme night too?
Wakko
Pistachio

*Wakko doesn't even know what AWANA is*
*Wakko hides*
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I do not believe we have that, since this is my first year working in AWANA. (And is actually the first year for about half our crew, and our director.) The next themed night we have is "Milk and Cookies/Wrap a Leader" on December 10.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

We are AWANA cubbies, we're happy all day long...

At least, I think that's how that song went.

I did AWANA all the way up to T&T but then the church merged with another and they stopped doing it. I did it from my first year I was old enough to start Sparks. Of course, the year I was too old for Cubbies was the year they introduced to for our church. Of course.

Just curious, but does anyone know how old AWANA is?
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

AWANA is 64 years old, having begun in 1950.

(As a parenthesis, our church has done it since 1976. So, our clubs are 38 years old.)
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Ah, cool! I wonder how much it has changed since then.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

@Shnoodlec: That IS how the song goes. My little brother has it on CD, and I have heard it umpteen billion times :D
@TOJ: Here's a pic of our RWB night, yes I am in that picture but it's 3 yrs old.