Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I saw Old Fashioned... It was okay. It's cheesy, but I don't remember anything objectionable about it. Kevin McCreary (if he means anything to you) thought it pretty good for a Christian movie, and I suppose it probably was. *shrugs* Not much to get excited about though. It was okay.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Ok, thanks ya'll. Sounds kinda interesting...
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I feel like a big enough deal was made about Old Fashioned, that its going to intrigue some watchers, so kind of defeats the purpose of the voiced dislike. =P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Helios
Butter Pecan

Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

I will freely admit I wept through the last ten minutes. :cry:
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

God's not Dead and God's not Dead 2 are excellent well made movies unparalleled by ANYTHING in the movie industry today.

I mean. What.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

"23 Christian movies that need to be made" http://babylonbee.com/news/23-christian ... need-made/ Enjoy.

A few of my favorites...

2.) A King James-only pastor is granted an array of supernatural powers after praying the sinner’s prayer for the 490th time. He uses his newfound gifts to soar around the galaxy frying atheists with his heat vision. Kirk Cameron stars.

6.) A spunky Christian freshman boldly challenges his atheist college philosophy professor to a debate. Rather than taking up valuable class time on the issue, the two exchange emails after class to discuss their differences and come to a better understanding of one another’s beliefs without making a big deal out of it. Meanwhile, the Newsboys play a concert but neither character attends because they don’t really care for the music.

7.) The year is 1981. A group of young, carefree kids play Dungeons & Dragons. They go to hell.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I LOVED God's Not Dead and GND 2!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:"23 Christian movies that need to be made" http://babylonbee.com/news/23-christian ... need-made/ Enjoy.

A few of my favorites...

2.) A King James-only pastor is granted an array of supernatural powers after praying the sinner’s prayer for the 490th time. He uses his newfound gifts to soar around the galaxy frying atheists with his heat vision. Kirk Cameron stars.

6.) A spunky Christian freshman boldly challenges his atheist college philosophy professor to a debate. Rather than taking up valuable class time on the issue, the two exchange emails after class to discuss their differences and come to a better understanding of one another’s beliefs without making a big deal out of it. Meanwhile, the Newsboys play a concert but neither character attends because they don’t really care for the music.

7.) The year is 1981. A group of young, carefree kids play Dungeons & Dragons. They go to hell.
I'd watch these. 7 is basically just Stranger Things.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Well at least I had a good laugh. Though honestly how would one make a good Christian movie? Probably the best one that I've seen is Woodlawn. I mean I've seen good Christian movie concept but they don't carry out the goodness of the plot.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'd say a start would be to actually consider the technical quality of the film. Then actually consider it an industry and not a ministry, so pay people what they're actually worth to get the quality of writing and technical know how needed to make a good film.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Helios
Butter Pecan

I saw Wonder Woman yesterday. The cinematography was lovely. CinemaSins can't complain about action sequences full of cuts anymore! :twisted:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I recently watched the first Iron Man and Finding Dory. Both were pretty good; I can see now why someone might actually like Tony Stark.

Still on Team Cap tho. (And I'm still a little salty at PluggedIn for so blatantly favoring Team Iron Man at the end of their review because somehow common grace can't balance out original sin when people conduct their personal affairs.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

#funfact--The actress who played Wonder Woman is an Israeli. She won Miss Israel at age eighteen and went on to compete in Miss Universe. After that, she went home to Israel and fought in the IDF stopping ISIS for a few years, and then she played Wonder Woman. Also, the movie Wonder Woman was banned in Turkey because the actress is Israeli. Kinda cool, huh? \:D/
Jo March
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I am officially caught up on Jane The Virgin. Such a good show!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Bethany Shepard wrote:I am officially caught up on Jane The Virgin. Such a good show!
Amen to that. \:D/

I'm hopelessly entangled in Pretty Little Liars. :inlove:

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I saw Cars 3, and was delightfully surprised. After Cars 2, I was expecting not to like it one bit, but they actually did a great job. They took what made people love the first Cars movie, and made a sequel about it, and I wholeheartedly approve!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Helios
Butter Pecan

I saw the Mummy last week! *squees* Tom Cruise! *squees again* SHIRTLESS! *squees and faints*

Anyway I liked it. Russell Crowe was so scary! O.o And Sofia Boutella was great, too. She's so pretty.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched The House with Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler. It was SO funny! It felt like an episode of Parks and Recreation!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I watched Spider Man: Homecoming. \:D/ It was fantastic. I also rewatched Lilo and Stitch. A classic :clap:
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I saw The Space Between Us and was disappointed™. Currently and excitedly waiting until I can see Spider-Man Homecoming, which should be Tuesday. :yes:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark