Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I just saw Infinity War and I'm not okay.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I'm seeing it on Friday and can you pls start a thread for it?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I haven't seen Infinity War but I read every single spoiler! Because that's the kind of person I am!

SPOILER:

I'm not going to spoil it for you, sorry. I only spoil things for myself.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Rewatched Civil War last night to prep myself for Infinity War. \:D/ Can't wait!
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

Ok so I watched The Greatest Showman the other day and I think it was pretty good and I like a lot of the songs! but honestly it wasn't as good as I had expected it to be everyone really talked it up.
Also is it really a musical? there were only like 5 or 6 songs it seemed more like a Disney movie where they just have a random song here and there 1 reason I don't like it as much is after I watched it I looked up the real P.T. Barnum and he wasn't a great guy the movie made him seem like a hero but in real life he was anything but.
What do you guys think?
Aha suh dude
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?! Okay, we need to have a chat! This movie is not historically accurate by any means, but the story that it tells is really good. It has sound morals, a well thought out storyline, and great songs. Yes, I know, I am usually the one to rant about historical accuracy, but there are exceptions to most things, and I believe this is one.

And so, "having said my say and talked my talk," as Susan Baker says, I shall take my leave.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

AuntSarah wrote:Ok so I watched The Greatest Showman the other day and I think it was pretty good and I like a lot of the songs! but honestly it wasn't as good as I had expected it to be everyone really talked it up.
Also is it really a musical? there were only like 5 or 6 songs it seemed more like a Disney movie where they just have a random song here and there 1 reason I don't like it as much is after I watched it I looked up the real P.T. Barnum and he wasn't a great guy the movie made him seem like a hero but in real life he was anything but.
What do you guys think?
I agree. I had heard so many good things about it. It definitely wasn't a bad movie. Hugh Jackson and the cast did amazing. It was just lacking in almost every scene without a musical number. The music was fantastic however.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh good grief! Come on you guys!!!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Jo March wrote:Oh good grief! Come on you guys!!!
I mean I liked it. It was really charming but it just fell short of expectation. (Except for the music which, again, is phenomenal)
*Finger guns aggressively*
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Okaaaaayyyy then.
Jo March
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Aggg! It's so good!! I just watched the greatest showman! Soooooo good!
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Jo March wrote:Oh good grief! Come on you guys!!!
I mean I liked it. It was really charming but it just fell short of expectation. (Except for the music which, again, is phenomenal)
MonkeyDude wrote:
AuntSarah wrote:Ok so I watched The Greatest Showman the other day and I think it was pretty good and I like a lot of the songs! but honestly it wasn't as good as I had expected it to be everyone really talked it up.
What do you guys think?
I agree. I had heard so many good things about it. It definitely wasn't a bad movie. Hugh Jackson and the cast did amazing. It was just lacking in almost every scene without a musical number. The music was fantastic however.
Yes! I agree!
Aha suh dude
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

GUYS I JUST SAW INCREDIBLES 2 AND IT WAS AMAZING SERIOUSLY INCREDIBLE
Jo March
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I liked it a lot better than the original. Which is weird, since Pixar is not... Known for making great sequels. ;)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Pixar is good at sequels, but Cars 2 was a fluke.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I actually have never seen Cars 2, but I thought Pixar did a great job with Incredibles 2... They also did a good job with Finding Dory
Jo March
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Pixar is good at sequels, but Cars 2 was a fluke.
My family has decided that Cars 2 doesn't exist, and that Cars 3 is the real Cars 2.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Incredibles 2 was FRIKIN AMAZING! The movie everyone has been waiting for over 14 years. Idk, can't decide which one as better. Just quick spoiler:
Jack Jack and the Racoon fight was FRIKIN ADORABLE AND HILLARIOUS!
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Belle wrote:
Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Pixar is good at sequels, but Cars 2 was a fluke.
My family has decided that Cars 2 doesn't exist, and that Cars 3 is the real Cars 2.
:clap: Yep, that movie can die in the fireplace with Batman and Robin and Batman v Superman.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:Incredibles 2 was FRIKIN AMAZING! The movie everyone has been waiting for over 14 years. Idk, can't decide which one as better. Just quick spoiler:
Jack Jack and the Racoon fight was FRIKIN ADORABLE AND HILLARIOUS!
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jo March