Nationalities

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
hipster_
Strawberry

Bethany Shepard wrote:I am white. Very white. My dancing abilities are evident of that fact.

My dad's side is very English and French.
My moms side is VERY German with a touch of Native American. #strongcheekbones
Haha :lol: Well that is very interesting!!

-- Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:37 am --
Kathy0 wrote:I am 1/4 Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Scottish and so on... I am related to John Alden who was on the Mayflower. And its not really distant either! That's as far back as you can go. My grandpa on my dad's side was an interpreter in WWII. My Great Grandma and Grandpa on my mom's side sailed over here from Italy. My Grandpa on my mom's side is 100% Italian.
Wow...you have a lot of history behind yourself...that's so interesting and awesome. My Great, great grandfather lived to be 104 and was a POW in WWII and I believe he was held in Germany.

-- Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:40 am --
Autumnal wrote:I was born in China (in the Guangxi area) and was adopted into a Scottish family. My mom did a DNA test on 23 And Me and I'm apparently 99.8% Native American-Alaskan.

I just say I'm Chinese. It's easier that way.
Woah...that's so cool. I've never heard a story quiet like that. And this is one reason I think that getting your DNA tested is significant and also intriguing; you can learn something about yourself that you never knew.

-- Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:42 am --
Stella C. wrote:I'm related to Daniel Boone. I just found this out recently at a family reunion. Other then that.. I have German in me.
NO WAY!!!! That. Is. So. Cool. O.o
Do you speak any foreign languages..or even German?

-- Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:43 am --
ClaraOswald wrote:I'm half Greek, 1\4 French, and 1\4 Irish…. but all Canadian :lol:
Wow, that's a really neat mix! So you live in Canada?
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.