The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

I'm still reading Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens. Love his dry humor...but the descriptions can go on for ages...
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Mara
Pistachio

I finished Insurgent. It was fantastic. I loved it. Luckily, Allegiant was available at the library so I grabbed it and I'm so excited to start it.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I...
have just...
finished...
*drum roll please*
THE LAST BATTLE!!!!
Wow, finished the ENTIRE Narnia series!
This makes me
1. wish it was real
2. wish there were more Narnia books.
*sigh*
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I remember when I read the Last Battle the first time. It was so intense. I cried for like the whole last 3 chapters.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Ahhh.
It
was
AMAZING!!
:DD
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I've just started reading "Vienna Prelude", of "The Zion Covenant" series. Never read this before. As far as I can tell it contains stuff involving the 2nd World War.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

I'm currently reading the second book of the Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants.
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Finished Mockingjay. I cried when
Prim died.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Wakko
Pistachio

shnoodlec wrote:I cried when
Prim died.
I felt Prim and Finnick death weren't really adressed. It was more like "BTW they're dead."
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm reading a Sherlock Holmes short story. Don't know if I like it or not.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Bobbymac, I felt the same way! When I first read the book, I didn't even register it. When I reread it a year later, I was like, wait, what? O.o

Ohhhh, Mara. I am so, so sorry.

Prepare yourself.

I'm currently re-re-re-re-re-re-re (Even more) reading The Fault in Our Stars. Ohhhhh gosh. I have read that book WAY too many times. But then again, I've been going on a John Green spree lately.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Cress, the third book in the Lunar Chronicles by ( I believe) Marissa Myers. Sooo good!!
Last edited by Stella C. on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm starting "The Mistmantle Chronicles." I loved them when I was younger and I want to read through them again to see why. (I literally have hardly any recollection of the story line.... O.o)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I'm reading William Shakespeare's Star Wars. Pretty funny.
Mara
Pistachio

Finished Allegiant. I am so depressed. That was a terrible book.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

It's too bad everyone says Allegiant is terrible and depressing. I don't really like depressing endings to books or series. I liked Divergent and I just ordered Insurgent.
Maybe they will fix it in the movie (if possible--I have no idea since I haven't read it).

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Helios
Butter Pecan

Read the entire Renegade Spirit series on one day. Eight hours max, I think. Interesting style... O.o

Oh yeah, and the FOURTH PERCY JACKSON BOOK!!! PANDEMONIUM!!! O.o Only it kinda stinks that the library still doesn't have Sea of Monsters. :P
Mara
Pistachio

Helios wrote: Oh yeah, and the FOURTH PERCY JACKSON BOOK!!! PANDEMONIUM!!! O.o Only it kinda stinks that the library still doesn't have Sea of Monsters. :P
Bummer. We own them and I wish I could loan it to you!
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Audrey wrote:Bobbymac, I felt the same way! When I first read the book, I didn't even register it. When I reread it a year later, I was like, wait, what? O.o

Ohhhh, Mara. I am so, so sorry.

Prepare yourself.

I'm currently re-re-re-re-re-re-re (Even more) reading The Fault in Our Stars. Ohhhhh gosh. I have read that book WAY too many times. But then again, I've been going on a John Green spree lately.

WOAH! You're a John Green fan too! Cool! I just finished reading the Maze Runner series and The Fault in our Stars. Right now I'm reading an Abundance of Katherines by John Green.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

How is Maze Runner?? I saw that they're making a movie of it and I was thinking of reading the book(s) =]
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!