The SS' Tumblr

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

ugh you know what if you don't like this thread or all you're gonna do is troll, stay the heck out of it. Kay? Kay.

Now then. May the fandoms rage on. These pics are amazing. I freaking love the PFBH6 Crossover one, omigash.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

This is kinda a branch thread to The SS Tumblr. So… what are your ships? And not just favourites.
Mine are: *takes deap breath* (LOTR/The Hobbit) Aragorn/Arwen, Merry/Eowyn, Sam/Rosie, Galadriel/Gandalf *ducks*, Galadriel/Thranduil, Elrond/Galadriel, Legolas/Tauriel, Kili/Tauriel, (Eragon) Eragon/Arya, Roran/Katrina, Nasuada/Murtagh, (Doctor Who and SJA) Doctor/Rose, Doctor/River, Rose/Mickey, Jenny/Jack, Rose/Jack, Martha/Mickey, Doctor/Grace, Doctor/Liz, Brigadier/Liz, Jo/Doctor, Sarah Jane/Doctor, Sarah Jane/Alan, Maria/Luke, Clyde/Rani, Sky/Clyde, (Sherlock & Elementary) Sherlock/Molly, Molly/Lestrade, Mrs.Hudson/Lestrade, Mycroft/Cake, Mary/John, Sherlock/Joan, Bell/Joan, Sherlock/Irene, Gregson/Joan, Mycroft/Joan, Andrew/Joan, Basically every hot guy/Joan (ok not really), Bell/Kitty, (OUAT) Emma/The Sheriff, Snow White/Prince Charming. (I've only seen like 4 episodes of OUAT so that's why there's only a couple.)

That's not every one, just the ones I could think up off the top of my head.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I don't ship anything usually.
On this kind of shipping the only thing I say is, Merlin/Morgana for ever!
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Ohhhhh that kind of shipping!

In that case I say Twelve/River. That would just be hilarious.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Okay guys, enough. With the nature of people, there are going to be some topics on here you won't care about. *shrugs* The solution is to just not post on them, and post on the things you do like, and don't be rude.

In other news, I love all the pictures on this topic so far, I have a pinterest where I post a lot of things related to my fandoms, which include Disney, Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Once Upon a Time. I'm also thinking about starting up Merlin. :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

I agree with Belle, seriously, don't we all come here to have fun, let's do that, and get along. Sure we all have our habits that others would eye roll us about. But, that is the fun in life.

Merlin? :o I haven't heard about thissss? How is it that I haven't heard? *pokes Belle rapidly* Merlin?

ETA: And I just fell in love with the Avvy and Sig Belle made me all over again *hides*

And maybe I don't qualify for this thread with my lack of images, but speaking of Fandoms, anyone else looking forward to Inside Out?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I apologize. I saw a post that I found amusing (not because I agreed with the post, but simply because of the context, the meme, and the sarcasm), but it was stupid of me to post about it on the very topic that the post was insulting.

I'm still not entirely sure what this topic is supposed to be (I'm pretty sure there's a topic for fandoms already), but I will answer Limerick by saying that, yes, I am excited for Inside Out, though, considering Pixar's recent track record, I have somewhat low expectations (but hey, better to have your expectations too low than too high).
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

I can't say I was too impressed with Brave, Cars 2 was better though than most sequels, did not match up to Toy Story though. I actually did like Monsters U, though it didn't really come close to Monsters Inc levels. Still, of the original movies, Brave is really the only recent incarnation I wasn't impressed with. Up before it was very good. So, while I understand the lower expectations, I also think Pixar definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt here. Saw the newest trailer before Cinderella today (which was also very good), and it looks quite promising. Only time will tell though.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I apologize for my trolling. Sometimes my sarcasm shouts louder than my logic does.

I saw the trailer for Cinderella and am reluctant to watch it. Disney has made so many Cinderella'ish movies, I just don't even.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I want to see Cinderella, but I'm a little reluctant for the same reason Beth said. I really want to see Beauty and the Beast.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Stella C. wrote:I really want to see Beauty and the Beast.
I didn't know that was a thing until you said that. :D BUT Y THAY PIK EMMA WATSON!?
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Maybe because she's a talented actress who could play the part well? ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

DON'T GO SEE CINDERELLA OKAY. save your time abd your money. it sucked.

A. I like Emma Watson.. B. I can't wait for BATB. I'm bummed Ryan Gosling is no longer cast as Beast though. Now it's Daniel..something or other. bleh.

C. forgiven and forgotten
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

CINDERELLA WAS BEAUTIFUL, SAM. But we can agree to disagree. xD

And Emma Watson will be amazing as Belle. As my sister says, "my inability to even is frightening." xD And Ryan Gosling wAS GOING TO BE THE BEAST HOW DARE THEY UNCAST HIM. *cries*
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Samantha14 wrote:DON'T GO SEE CINDERELLA OKAY. save your time abd your money. it sucked.

B. I can't wait for BATB. I'm bummed Ryan Gosling is no longer cast as Beast though. Now it's Daniel..something or other. bleh.
First of all, what? D: You didn't like Cinderella? It was amazinggg

Secondly, Dan Stevens is almost right up there with Buttercrisp Cinnamonbun..his blue eyes... oi..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Belle wrote:Buttercrisp Cinnamonbun
*snorts*

…is it bad I knew right away who you were talking about? But yES HIS EYES OHMIGOSH

EDIT: I meant Ben's eyes, but after I wrote this I looked up this "Dan Stevens" and HIS EYES TOO. The first pic that came up was this:
and it has Beast written all over it. PERFECT CASTING. Although I still wish Ryan Gosling was the Beast… But Dan's a good second choice. xD
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

BUT THE ACTING IN CINDERELLA WAS AWFUL. D: Everything was forced and you couldn't tell Cinderella and her prince were falling in or were in love... at all... but the actual universe of it was beautiful, yaassss.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I didn't think it was awful, but yeah, it could have been a lot better. But Cate Blanchett was perfect. She made The Stepmother a bit more complex (but not as much as the stepmother in Ever After). She didn't hate Ella just for being her husband's daughter, she hated her for being sweet and innocent and good, while she wasn't.

Also, Kit's teeth. Seeing them on the big screen was weird. They're just so creepily perfect.

Did anyone else think that the Royal Crier was Benedict Cumberbatch for half a second?

EDIT: I looked up The Prince (Richard Madden) and it turns out he's dating Jenna Coleman. Just an interesting fun fact.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Samantha14 wrote:BUT THE ACTING IN CINDERELLA WAS AWFUL. D: Everything was forced and you couldn't tell Cinderella and her prince were falling in or were in love... at all... but the actual universe of it was beautiful, yaassss.
So...it's basically exactly like the original Disney movie, except live action? ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

It makes me laugh how they put the whole story in the trailer, because they've made to many versions and everyone knows it. :lol:

But who know's, maybe I'll like it. ;)
-Nicolas Cage