Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Helios wrote:Metal15...you're a 17-year-old guy. Frozen? Are you serious??? 8O
*snorts*
Ever heard of bronies? You know, the huge fandom of adult men who adore My Little Pony? Yeah, there is nothing remotely weird about a 17 year old wanting to watch Frozen, compared to that. (Nothing against bronies, I adore MLP too!)
This entire conversation seems kinda ironic seeing on as how we're all (mostly) teenagers on site for a radio drama made for kids.
But anyways, I have one more thing to say:
@GratiaDei
I know what you mean! I can't decide wether I like Tangled or Frozen better. Augh! ;)
BTW, did anyone catch the cameo of Rapunzel and Eugene in Frozen?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Haven't actually seen Frozen yet, hope to soon. Here's the cameo (just pulled it off the interwebz:

Helios
Butter Pecan

Pshaw, guys on here are weird.

Lol, not really. Not like I would know. :P

-- Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 am --

BTW, underseasie, LOLOLOLOLOL!!! That poster of Boromir is PERFECT!!!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Metal15...you're a 17-year-old guy. Frozen? Are you serious??? 8O
I don't typically like girly movies(I DETEST MLP) but some Disney animated movies I don't mind watching with people. I liked Tangled. :)
Okay, I'll admit, I'm curious to see it now. And I have an adult guy friend who wants to watch Brave. *rolls eyes*
I didn't care for that movie. Some parts were funny, but that main girl with Dave Mustaine hair was an annoying brat. :evil: *Cough* At least...In my humble opinion... o_O
BTW, you can have the M-60. I'll chose that knife of his any day (and maybe the rifle the Afghani kid had). OH, and his compound bow with exploding arrow tips. I'm in Paradise. ;)
Fair enough. ;) XD
Ever heard of bronies? You know, the huge fandom of adult men who adore My Little Pony?
That's bugged me for as long as I can remember. It's just disgraceful. :(
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Helios wrote:This afternoon I watched LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace. Hysterically entertaining and full of wonderful Yoda lines. "Tired of being right all the time I am."

For those of you Frozen in love...seriously? A Disney 3D-animated movie? I mean...yeah...it's Narnia-ish with tons of snow...um...a girl with whacked-out super powers...and some cute blond guys. But still...I don't know...I guess I look for something with a lot of substance in it (Rambo, anyone?).

I don't know. Romantic fairy tales aren't really my thing anymore. Give me a lightsaber, duel swords, or a girl with super-intelligence over a girl with super-cool (in a totally punny sense of the word).
IT's actually not romance, the love is sisterly love... >.<
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Metal15 wrote:
Ever heard of bronies? You know, the huge fandom of adult men who adore My Little Pony?
That's bugged me for as long as I can remember. It's just disgraceful. :(
Yup, this pretty much sums up my feeling on the matter. I have no problem with you not liking the show. But there is nothing wrong with the fact at I, and a bunch of grown men, like it.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

"I shouldn't watch MLP? Please, tell me what else I shouldn't enjoy based on your taste".
Answer: Girly stuff.

And btw, to create a meme of Willy Wonka wanting to watch MLP is also disgraceful. :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: It eats me down to the bone...
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

The last movie I saw was "Amazing Grace". The one made last year I think. Pretty good :) Oh, and I'm going to see The Desolation of Smaug in 8 DAYS!!!!!! EEKKKK!!!!!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

AshleyWhittaker wrote:The last movie I saw was "Amazing Grace". The one made last year I think. Pretty good :) Oh, and I'm going to see The Desolation of Smaug in 8 DAYS!!!!!! EEKKKK!!!!!
I KNOW I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Helios
Butter Pecan

Metal15, you're like, the 100th person to tell me that. What is it with Tangled that makes people like it so much?

So I can assume you didn't like Princess and the Frog, huh? :P :P

Ya know, maybe Merida would have looked better with Shaun Cassidy hair...like yours... *runs away from Metal wielding the M-60*

Yo, Schnoodlec, there is romance in Frozen, no? :) I mean, why else would blond hunks be in it? And you can't deny that Kristoff is VERY blond...and cute. :P
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

Hey now, what is this bashing of MLP and Frozen?

I don't really know what it is, but the cute songs, the pureness of these "kiddy" movies/shows, just touches something deep inside me. I am super idealistic, and will be the first to admit it, and do, honestly see value in sometimes showing it as it is, but sometimes... I just like the cute movies with their perfect heroes, their strong moral structures and lessons. Are they the most intellectual things ever, no, but oh, so heart warming, and for me... encouraging.

Not the same thing for everyone.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Metal15 wrote:
"I shouldn't watch MLP? Please, tell me what else I shouldn't enjoy based on your taste".

And btw, to create a meme of Willy Wonka wanting to watch MLP is also disgraceful. :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: It eats me down to the bone...
I didn't make it, I found it with a bunch of others. =)
And, I'm sorry to say this, but welcome to the real world pal. Not everyone you meet is going to be exactly like you, and like what you like and hate what you hate. I'm not a fan of metal music, (in fact, I can't stand it) but do you see me telling you "Metal music is soooo lame! Nobody should ever listen it to, it's just awful and disgraceful that people like it!" Yeah, no. I have no problem with the fact you don't like MLP. I have other friends who don't, and we get along just fine. Just please stop acting like it's a totally lame show and that it's just awful that people actually enjoy it.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched Pirates of Penzance ('tis on Netflix). It was HILARIOUS! A little corny, but the music was awesome. *stares at Metal* Yes. It is a musical!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

underseasie wrote:
Metal15 wrote:

I didn't make it, I found it with a bunch of others. =)
And, I'm sorry to say this, but welcome to the real world pal. Not everyone you meet is going to be exactly like you, and like what you like and hate what you hate. I'm not a fan of metal music, (in fact, I can't stand it) but do you see me telling you "Metal music is soooo lame! Nobody should ever listen it to, it's just awful and disgraceful that people like it!" Yeah, no. I have no problem with the fact you don't like MLP. I have other friends who don't, and we get along just fine. Just please stop acting like it's a totally lame show and that it's just awful that people actually enjoy it.
:|

I never said there was anything wrong or disgraceful with YOU or any other girls watching it. You can watch that stuff all you like, in fact I would EXPECT you to. I would not expect you to like metal music, lol. :lol:

However, in my honest opinion(Emphasis on the "OPINION" here, so that you don't go on yet another rant), watching TV shows involving colorful PONIES(Most of which are girls) does not seem very manly. But I come from an area where men do things that you would expect men to do. Work-out, fight, watch MMA, whatever. NOT watch TV shows with colorful ponies.

It's not like I'll burn bronies at the stake or anything(I might burn some ponies, though...XD), but that's just my opinion.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

I saw Catching Fire!! :D It was so amazing! I could die!
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Going to see Desolation of Smaug at midnight in 2 days!!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Aftershocker wrote:I saw Catching Fire!! :D It was so amazing! I could die!
I saw it for the second time a few hours ago with my bros. :D It is quite good.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Mara
Pistachio

Aftershocker wrote:I saw Catching Fire!! :D It was so amazing! I could die!
Exactly my thoughts :D
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

Just saw little women. Pretty good except the girls didn't look like I had always imagined.
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Frozen was the last movie I watched, but I'm going to see desolation of smaug on Friday! I'm so excited!