Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm watching Dreamworks' The Prince of Egypt with my siblings.
I forgot how much I love it. The animation, the music, the voice actors...it's all incredible. And I really appreciate the work the writers and designers put in, though it isn't completely accurate, the respect shown to our faith is amazing. While I love Disney, I'm thinking they would have ruined the seriousness.

Is anyone else obsessed with this work of art?
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I'm not obsessed, but I LOVE the movie! One of my favorite animated works!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

GJFH wrote:I'm watching Dreamworks' The Prince of Egypt with my siblings.
I forgot how much I love it. The animation, the music, the voice actors...it's all incredible. And I really appreciate the work the writers and designers put in, though it isn't completely accurate, the respect shown to our faith is amazing. While I love Disney, I'm thinking they would have ruined the seriousness.

AHhhh, Prince of Egypt is really good. :D The music is very well done. But of course, it's Zimmer and Schwartz. I saw Prince of Egypt again a few months ago after a long time, and it was after I fell in love with musicals, and it definitely was a favorite of mine for a while. ^_^ The singing and music are very fun, Deliver Us is amazing, especially the non-lyrical riffing (whatever you want to call it) the mother sings while Deliver Us is sung by the slaves. And the Plagues song is a very dark and cool song, the fun dancing song of Mountains, and then there's Miracles which you have to be heartless not to love. :mrgreen: But also yes, I liked how they treated it so serious and accurat-ish too.

On a side note, I recently was doing a Bible study and discovered something wrong that most Moses movies portray. Most movies claim Moses had no idea he was Hebrew until he basically killed the Egyptian. However, the Bible says "Now it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brethren and looked at their burdens. And he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brethren." (Exodus 2:11) The multiple references to brethren basically shows that Moses knew he was a Hebrew, and it wasn't a surprise to him. Just thought I'd throw that in there. :wacky:
xo eht haiasi-
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Isaiah the Ox wrote:
GJFH wrote:I'm watching Dreamworks' The Prince of Egypt with my siblings.

AHhhh, Prince of Egypt is really good. :D The music is very well done. But of course, it's Zimmer and Schwartz. I saw Prince of Egypt again a few months ago after a long time, and it was after I fell in love with musicals, and it definitely was a favorite of mine for a while. ^_^ The singing and music are very fun, Deliver Us is amazing, especially the non-lyrical riffing (whatever you want to call it) the mother sings while Deliver Us is sung by the slaves. And the Plagues song is a very dark and cool song, the fun dancing song of Mountains, and then there's Miracles which you have to be heartless not to love. :mrgreen: But also yes, I liked how they treated it so serious and accurat-ish too.

On a side note, I recently was doing a Bible study and discovered something wrong that most Moses movies portray. Most movies claim Moses had no idea he was Hebrew until he basically killed the Egyptian. However, the Bible says "Now it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out to his brethren and looked at their burdens. And he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brethren." (Exodus 2:11) The multiple references to brethren basically shows that Moses knew he was a Hebrew, and it wasn't a surprise to him. Just thought I'd throw that in there. :wacky:
I noticed that as well, I should note the writers took liberty with Moses' knowledge to create a moment of suspension and a realisation.

Deliver Us is my favourite song from the movie, the emotion behind the voices, the desperation... :inlove:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

The Girl Who Wrote this who's name I can never remember/spell correctly wrote:I noticed that as well, I should note the writers took liberty with Moses' knowledge to create a moment of suspension and a realisation.
Oh obviously, I totally understand why they did it. *nods* But a lot of Moses movies say that... the Charlton Heston one... even the Veggietales I think. o_0
xo eht haiasi-
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Prince of Egypt! Earlier this year, I saw it for the first time with my sister. Neither of us really knew what we were getting into, it was an animated Bible movie on Netflix instant. So when "Deliver Us' started playing our jaws were on the floor. It was like biting into an overripe persimmon and finding it tastes like a Costco chocolate cupcake. Later that year my choral class did "When You Believe" which was breathtaking to a part of.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Just watched The Jungle Book last week. It was so good...probably way better than the original Disney movie. 3 stars.
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

I am watching an old TV show called the Bonanzas!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

You mean Bonanza, I think :) (don't worry it's easy to get the names of the shows mixed up. The Big Valley and Bonanza are VERY easy to confuse. I did that too, so don't worry about it.) But yes, that was one of my parents favorite shows when they were growing up, and it is one of mine, too. Little Joe was Michael Landon, who was "Pa" in Little House on the Prairie.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

The movie box I have says Bonanza! Lol! Your right! I know about that! Its kinda funny! He is really cute/funny! I am watching it now!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I noticed most 'Christian' kid's movies are Bionically horrifying. I had fun ripping them apart as an early Bible scholar.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched The Dark Knight for the first time! It was AMAZING.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Today I saw Fantastic Beasts. I fell in love with Newt. Like literally. Head over heels. MY GOSH.

But overall, I think it was a really great movie, I really enjoyed it.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Which one was Newt again?

It was an awesome film. \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Any one dying for the Assassin's Creed movie?
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

Blitz wrote:Any one dying for the Assassin's Creed movie?
It looks....violent.... :? But I might see it.

I watched the last two episodes of Miraculous! Which were actually the first, but somehow ended up last... *scratches head* Oh well. At least they had ALL the cuteness in them. *squeals and dances*
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Is anyone else still mourning the loss Psych on Netflix?? *cries*
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Helios wrote:
Blitz wrote:Any one dying for the Assassin's Creed movie?
It looks....violent.... :? But I might see it.

I watched the last two episodes of Miraculous! Which were actually the first, but somehow ended up last... *scratches head* Oh well. At least they had ALL the cuteness in them. *squeals and dances*
Violent. You LOVE violence.
Debate Vampire

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Emma wrote:Is anyone else still mourning the loss Psych on Netflix?? *cries*
That happened? o_0 I never got to see it. *cries bitter tears*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:That happened? o_0 I never got to see it. *cries bitter tears*
You aren't missing a single thing. :roll: Although, you do like pure stupidity, so maybe you would enjoy the utter waste of time.
xo eht haiasi-