Pet Peeves

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Mandy wrote:When your having a campout with your church and your family gets there 3 or 4 hours later then the others and misses out on tons of the fun because it takes your family forever to get ready to go anywhere and once you're half an hour down the road you realize you've left the tent at home.
Mandy, I DIED. :lol: Left the tent at home? O.o Why didn't YOU remember it?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Miss Friendship wrote:
Mandy wrote:When your having a campout with your church and your family gets there 3 or 4 hours later then the others and misses out on tons of the fun because it takes your family forever to get ready to go anywhere and once you're half an hour down the road you realize you've left the tent at home.
I hate it when we get late to something fun also.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

When people give other people gift certificates instead of just money
When people laugh at their own jokes when no one else is
When people say they hate Frozen because "it's overrated"
When people tell me to get out of the rain when there's no thunder or lightning
When people change the way they talk when ordering at Drive-Thrus
When people talk high-pitched to little kids
Last edited by Novatom on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote: When people talk high-pitched to little kids
This... *dies laughing* Although what's more annoying is when kids who are younger than like 11 talk to my little pals that way when they're literally only a teensy bit older than them *chuckles to herself*

I actually used to do that when I myself was younger, but as of now...I talk to them exactly how I talk to my friends, who are my age, which can freak them out, but then again...Their reactions are hilarious xP
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:
It wasn't funny. :evil: I was so MAD at leaving late already and then to have to turn around and go back... I felt ready to explode! :mad:

I was helping pack clothes and food. Dad and the boys were in charge of getting stuff like tents, camping chairs, sleeping bags, volleyball net, balls, etc. Dad thought the boys got the tent, the boys thought Dad got it. It was Mom who had the brilliancy to check and see if anyone had actually gotten in. Scatter-brained family... :roll:

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

When an onion shows up unexpectedly in my food. :x
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

-Onions in general
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Not having wi-fi at our house

Having no way to make money.

Seeing the most adorable boots and them checking the price tag...

Cleaning my room and then my sisters who share my room come in and quickly return it to it's former disasterous state.

Out of tune pianos.

People who offer to show you some things at playing the piano when you are a better pianist than them.

When I complain and complain and feel powerless to stop the complaints and discontented feelings and sadness that envelopes me...

This is an unhealthy thread for me. :P

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:-Onions in general
^This. I mean, consider the way your eyes will have a reaction to raw onions. That is a good clue there is something wrong with these things.

Paula
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:
^This. I mean, consider the way your eyes will have a reaction to raw onions. That is a good clue there is something wrong with these things.
But...They do wonders to the dishes that they're in :wacky: They add flavor, so in the end it's worth the tears that I shed cutting them up *nods*
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Paula wrote:But...They do wonders to the dishes that they're in :wacky: They add flavor, so in the end it's worth the tears that I shed cutting them up *nods*
Dishes can have flavor? Hmm, you learn something new every day.
Miss Friendship wrote:
That's why people cook onions. :P And in my opinion, onions are only bad if eaten by themselves. In sandwiches and on pizza you can barely taste them. And red onions are actually really good on salads.

-- Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 pm --

So, getting away from onions and back to the topic...

When the other people in a group text are having a conversation and you get all their texts
When people say, "you know what I mean?"
When people say stupid things when they're actually trying to be clever
When people stay in the left-hand lane forever
When your hands are wet and you pull a paper towel from the dispenser and it rips
When people don't give a straight answer to your question
When the teacher repeats something you've already heard a million times
When's the bath water is cold because the person before used up all the hot water
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TWIN. How could you?! :mad: I am in no way sympathetic toward onions. *bows out of this thread before she does something drastic*

Paula
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:
Paula wrote:But...They do wonders to the dishes that they're in :wacky: They add flavor, so in the end it's worth the tears that I shed cutting them up *nods*
The context in which I'm using the word "dishes" in certainly allows onions to add flavor to a dish. Have you never heard anyone refer to a recipe or a certain meal as "a dish"?
Miss Friendship wrote:TWIN. How could you?! :mad: I am in no way sympathetic toward onions. *bows out of this thread before she does something drastic*
TWIN. I COOK. I LOVE FLAVOR. ONIONS ARE IN THAT CATEGORY. LIVE LIFE WELL.
*skips off into an onion filled world*
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Paula wrote:Have you never heard anyone refer to a recipe or a certain meal as "a dish"?
:lol: This reminds me of something. Once a wife said, "Yes we will bring a dish." Husband: "Oh and we will be sure to put something in it."

Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Paula wrote:
Novatom wrote:
The context in which I'm using the word "dishes" in certainly allows onions to add flavor to a dish. Have you never heard anyone refer to a recipe or a certain meal as "a dish"?
Ah, I see. I was thinking that what I thought you had said was strange. Yes, I've heard meals called "dishes" before, I suppose the people I know just don't say it enough for it to be apart of my regular vocabulary.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I love onions.

I hate it when people hate on onions and or my subway sandwich...
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:
Not even that, though. The texture, the taste...I can sense onions in my food and it doesn't matter what else is contained within the bite, I can just feel the slippery-yet-crunchy slice of cruelty and horror in my mouth and I wretch internally.
Paula wrote:They add flavor, so in the end it's worth the tears that I shed cutting them up *nods*
So do garlic, file, salt, and pepper, and they don't feel like the embodiment of suffering when I eat them.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Blitz wrote:I hate it when people hate on onions
I hate it when people love onions and act like their way is superior.
TigerShadow wrote:Not even that, though. The texture, the taste...I can sense onions in my food and it doesn't matter what else is contained within the bite, I can just feel the slippery-yet-crunchy slice of cruelty and horror in my mouth and I wretch internally.
EXACTLY. I seriously gag at the very scent when my spoon comes with an inch from my mouth, and yet my Mom never fails to say how she can't even smell them and they are so small you don't even taste them. God help us. *facepalms*

Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Miss Friendship wrote:EXACTLY. I seriously gag at the very scent when my spoon comes with an inch from my mouth, and yet my Mom never fails to say how she can't even smell them and they are so small you don't even taste them. God help us. *facepalms*
I know! My mom puts them in every soup she ever makes, and always says that. :P
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

What bugs me is when people have (usually written out) two sentences of similar length, and they end both the sentences with the same word; then they go "hey! that rhymed!" And I'm like no... no it didn't...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games