Remembering The Fallen

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Remembering The Fallen

I am watching the remembrance service for the 19 firefighters that were fallen in the Yarnell fire, and was wondering if anyone else knew about or was watching the service also? I am amazed how much they're talking about/to God.
Last edited by yelsew on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I've heard about it! I keep thinking of those poor families. My mom said that some of them were in their early 20's. :( Keeping them in prayer!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Sage
Caramel Crunch

Thanks for keeping us informed. I was completely unaware of this.

Now I will be praying for the families...
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
yelsew
Fudge Marble

Ok today this topic is for the brave people that lost their lives on this day 12 years ago. Please remember these fallen today.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I am remembering. I looked up some photos of the chaos that day, and it's not pretty.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Whitfan
Strawberry

How do you celebrate the anniversary of this tragic event? I listen to songs of inspiration, and watch the president talk about it. Then I move on with me day. This year I made a list of 31 songs to play during this day.

On a side note: I personally don't like celebrating anniversaries of horrific events. So, I try to stay away from this day. I hate to admit it, but I pretend this day doesn't exist, but I know in the back of my head that it is there. Hope I didn't offend anyone by saying this.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I am conflicted about it. I think we should honor those who died that day, but at the same time it makes me unbearably sad, and I don't like to feel sad if I can help it. I watched some of the names being read, and thought about watching more of it, but then I thought one of the best ways you can honor them is by living your life to the fullest. Not dwelling on it, but at the same time, never forgetting.

So I went out for a walk down the bike path and wore my USA shirt and when I saw the flag flying high on the hill, it reminded me again of what day it was.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
yelsew
Fudge Marble

September 11th 2001. 13 years ago now. we will never forget. (Yes, it is still the 11th here.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I watched part of the 9/11 ceremony. Like one of the people who read the names said, the nation remembers on 9/11; the families remember every day.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
yelsew
Fudge Marble

September 11th... It's been 14 years now. I've been watching documentaries and movies about it all day today. We must never forget this day! The remembrance of this day has been dropping the last few years, we must not let this happen. If you would, just take a moment of your day today to remember the firefighters, the brave passengers of flight 93, the passengers of the other planes, the people of the buildings that were hit, the families and friends of all who were lost, and all that happened this day of September 11th, 2001.
Okie
Caramel Crunch

I know some of us are too young to remember, (myself included) but I would like to hear what some of you older ones remember about 9/11, where you were when you heard, how it affected you, etc.