The Old Whit's End Site

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

The Old Whit's End Site

Do any of you guys remember the original site? Y'know, that super ancient, super tacky, super cool site us older listeners grew up with? Do you like the new one better? Do you think they should bring back the idea of having games on the site? (I'm pretty sure Bren has an archived copy of them if any of you newer listeners want to try them out). Do you like the new layout better? I personally love the new design, and I think it makes the whole thing feel a lot more modern. The old site did have a certain charm to it though.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

well, i liked them both. i miss the games and stuff, but the new one is more modern and has a kinda flashy look, you know?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Humph. I only got to see the old site once, when I was about 6. I didn't explore it much, as I was a new AIO fan and had a very short attention span, but I remember it having something called The Imagination Station and then something else called Wonderworld. I can't remember much else. I would very much like to see the archived copy if Bren wouldn't mind, as I'd like to see the rest of the site.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

same here CT101, i was like 6, so i don't remember much, just the games and stuff. i went on only like 3 times or so before it changed
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Ever since I found the old Whit's End, Wonderworld was closed. Sad face :(
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I really liked the games! I played them a lot! :D Though now that I'm older, those games probably wouldn't interest me anymore. I prefer the new layout of the site.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I remember it just a tad, with the wheel that had the characters faces on it.
But I like the new one a lot better.
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

There was another one? awww.... I wanna play the games.
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

I vaguely remember it. I think I remember some of the old layout, but not that much. And I remember the battleship game.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've seen old pictures of it in the 2008 Official Guide. I never saw it myself. And yes, the pictures made it look tacky.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

I do slightly remember the old site. I did really enjoy the games. I remember liking the soda shop hop (or whatever it was called) where you were helping Connie at Whits End. Other then the games, I remember very little about the other features of the site. I remember the layout but I didn't go on it enough to remember everything. I do remember when it changed though, I remember being upset about it, but I do like the new site now that I have used it.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

It was a bit tacky.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Ya mean this?
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

I remember it had games on it! And you color things, ya know where u press on something and choose a color, they also i remember had a battle ship type game didn't they?
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Yeah, I think so...
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

The link above has games. Not sure what time period the color thing was.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

It's pretty accurate, from what I remember..
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

I remember getting on that site, though at first I didn't remember it. I loved it when I was little, especially the battleship game. I really missed it when it disappeared, but I'd forgotten about it until now. Maybe I've been an Odyssey fan longer than I thought. ;) I don't know, I like the idea of having games, but from what I remember it wasn't the best website, and it didn't have many features. Or maybe I just played the games and didn't do anything else. I'm not sure.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Fili
Caramel Crunch

they should mix the sites
I was Bart rathbone
in the character klub
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

Yeah! Put the cool stuff (like games ;)) on the new one, but keep it up to date at the same time! That would be awesome!