Favorite AIO Message Board

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!

What is your favorite message board?

Campbell County
4%
The Town of Odyssey
20%
The Soda Shop
76%

Total votes: 25

HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

AIO Message Boards…

Are there any others? I only know of this one..
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

HannahJ. wrote:Are there any others? I only know of this one..
There is the Town of Odyssey http://thetoo.com/ and the Campbell County http://campbellcountymb.com/ though I find that both of these message boards don't talk about Odyssey much. It's Odyssey themed, but most of it is general conversation.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I checked both and didn't like the format.. I like the Ice Cream Cone thing on this one..
I like the fact that the TOO has a Chat thing... I don't think I'm gonna make a account on there though.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I like the TOO... I tried to sign up for Cambell County Message Boards, but it said they weren't accepting new members. The Soda Shop probably has the best format, but the TOO has been around longer (7 years) so it's quite a bit bigger. Overall, I probably use the TOO more than The Soda Shop. But the more popular The Soda Shop Message Board gets, the more I enjoy it. They've already got over 200 users! But, then again, the TOO has 1200-something users.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I don't think I could keep up with it. I bet this will be just as big someday down the road..…
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

What is your favorite AIO message board? Personally I like them all for different reasons. The ToO was my starting grounds for message boards. It is what got me interested in doing this and gave me the opportunity to interact with fans of a show I have listened to pretty much my whole life. CC is what I call my home. It's one of my contributions to the fan community and I will always love CC. The thing about SS is that in a day and age when AIO reviews and such are few and far between on both CC and The ToO, SS still has a lot of AIO discussions. All that said I can't pick a sole favorite.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

My favorite is still the Soda Shop, even though I've recently become more active on the ToO, the Soda Shop is what got me started, what allowed me to meet all my great online friends, and learn about how to administrate. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Technically, the best place to do this would be in an inter-forum meeting, as most here would choose the SS. I am one of the loyalists, though I hold down stakes in all three AIO forums. (I told one of my friends yesterday that the Odyssey forums were the extent of my social media. :D) I first found out about Odyssey fan sites through the Scoop, in the days when people would debate Odyssey in the comments section. When Jacob opened up the forum, I joined. My best forum times have been here.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I like them all, but I most comfortable on the SS. It's quiet, clean, and simple, (design-wise and otherwise) and looks and functions the best. The people are mostly more sensible and intelligent, with simple clean posts. That said I have a special spot for my forum, although I haven't finished it yet.
~ Walker in Dreams
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I like them all. This is the first forum I joined, so I have a special place for it, but ToO is the most interesting to me at the moment.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

You mean there are other AIO message boards? There's a message board with a little AIO tak, but mostly it talks about Dr. Who and whine about Bieber. And there's this other place which likewise has just one AIO forum, but it's closed at the moment.

There's just one AIO board. The SS, which, new though it is, already has thousands of posts and dedicated members. And just happens to actually be Adventures in Odyssey centered. We come here because we like AIO. We love the characters, the actors, and the truths it reinforces. That's what an AIO board is for. That's why I love this place.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Which message boards are you talking about when you denounce them in a snobby, elitist manner?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Which message boards are you talking about when you denounce them in a snobby, elitist manner?
I'm assuming:
Pound Foolish wrote:There's a message board with a little AIO tak, but mostly it talks about Dr. Who and whine about Bieber.
The ToO
Pound Foolish wrote:And there's this other place which likewise has just one AIO forum, but it's closed at the moment.
The CC
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Pound Foolish wrote:There's a message board with a little AIO tak, but mostly it talks about Dr. Who and whine about Bieber.
There's only one doctor who thread on there and it hasn't been posted in for a while. No Bieber-whining as far as I've heard. I won't disagree on the little AIO talk part.
Pound Foolish wrote:And there's this other place which likewise has just one AIO forum, but it's closed at the moment.
WE Connelsville is open and has been for at least the last month.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Mr. Whit's End wrote:There's only one doctor who thread on there and it hasn't been posted in for a while. No Bieber-whining as far as I've heard. I won't disagree on the little AIO talk part.
I take it you haven't seen the Random HQ? ;) Dr. Who isn't necessarily about the number of threads, it just tends to permeate everything.

Also: http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?nom ... =9&t=28493

http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?nom ... it=Dweeber

PF's statement might be slightly exaggerated :P , but it is definitely not unsupported.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

You know, I came into this thread all prepared to defend the ToO—I've been a member of that board for almost five years now, and I feel a kind of attachment to it. But looking at PF's remarks made me think about it, and he has a good point—I think it's been phrased in a rather abrasive manner, but it is worth noting that most of the board at this point seems devoted to pop culture, random threads, and debates that turn into wars of sarcastic attrition. The ToO used to be a fun place to go to discuss AIO, but now it's like a ghost town—with the exception, of course, of whatever debate happens to be active at the moment. It's sad to me, because—not to put too fine a point on it—I go on fandom forums to get away from real life, not to confront more of it. That's why I joined here—there's real discussion and speculation going on about Odyssey, not just arguing about denominations or politics.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Tigerrr! So glad you joined. And thank you for your great post.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

WHAT UP PF. I'm definitely glad I joined, too. I'm looking forward to some great debates, haha. :D
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
snubs
Cookies & Creme

The the ToO was the first forum I ever joined (it will be 12 years come the end of March! =o), So of course that one is my favorite. But I've grown to really enjoy the Soda Shop too. I never would have met Kaida without this place.
Wretched Sinner wrote:There is the Town of Odyssey http://thetoo.com/ and the Campbell County http://campbellcountymb.com/ though I find that both of these message boards don't talk about Odyssey much. It's Odyssey themed, but most of it is general conversation.
That's why I love it (the ToO). For me, I love that you can discuss AIO, but also, the ToO is so much bigger than just AIO. It brought a bunch of people together who all had one thing in common. Adventures in Odyssey. But we don't necessarily have to talk about it all the time. However, I do appreciate the intricacies and range of AIO discussion that is had here. I believe in the peak years of the ToO, the AIO discussion was much more like it is here. There was a lot of AIO discussion when I first joined in 2008. But alas, it has been quiet for years.

It's just sad the ToO is so dead now. :( Even this place is very slow. =\
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

snubs wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:24 am

It's just sad the ToO is so dead now. :( Even this place is very slow. =\
Then a pandemic happened.