It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: How did you come to find out about the SS?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 am 
Pistachio

the Valiant wrote:
Well fodo was on it for a while and I knew about it but wasn't interested. I had some real live friends to talk to about AiO already! But then people started talking about the BBP and make comments so my interest was peeked. I joined later but didn't really talk. I tried once or twice but kinda got the cold shoulder. It wasn't until weeks later when Kaida commented that I was 'spying' on those talking in chat that I actually was accepted.

Sorry you felt that way in the beginning. I always enjoyed reading your posts, and you've been one of my favorite posters since you joined. I enjoy people who are honest, and opinionated, it makes for interesting conversation.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:51 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Val you are awesome!! I'm sorry you felt like that, if I was here back then I would have given you a big welcome! :D

Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:34 pm 
Butter Pecan

I saw this on the Odyssey Scoop in May, when the SS first came out, but, for some reason, I didn't want to join. Later in June I really got into the ToO, so I decided to join other boards. So, on June 16th, (ironically, the date of the AIO live show I went to) I decided to check this place out, and I've been posting ever since... I kind of regret not joining earlier, as I could have witnessed the beginnings of the SS. But, oh well...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 pm 
Caramel Crunch

Aaron Wiley wrote:
the Valiant wrote:
Well fodo was on it for a while and I knew about it but wasn't interested. I had some real live friends to talk to about AiO already! But then people started talking about the BBP and make comments so my interest was peeked. I joined later but didn't really talk. I tried once or twice but kinda got the cold shoulder. It wasn't until weeks later when Kaida commented that I was 'spying' on those talking in chat that I actually was accepted.

Sorry you felt that way in the beginning. I always enjoyed reading your posts, and you've been one of my favorite posters since you joined. I enjoy people who are honest, and opinionated, it makes for interesting conversation.

Really? Cool. I thought my opinionated and blunt ways would put me at the end of everyone's 'Favorites' list. That's nice to know although I wouldn't have stopped being so honest if everyone hated it ;) . If you're going to be nice, I guess I'll be nice too and say that I feel the same about your posts. You always have some interesting twist and your wit adds that needed humor.
You're a sweetheart Marybeth--I know you would have.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 am 
Lemon Meringue

Renae wrote:
My story involves A dear friend :D
I have a faio account and have had one ever since it was introduced on whitsend. It was always really boring there and I had only one good friend called Josh :D
One day I noticed that there had been a new user to come on, so I commented on his page and welcomed him. Later he pmd me and thanked me for the comment, he also told me about a much better site called the soda shop and his account there :D I promised him I would check it out and later even I made an account there. This kind young man then introduced me to all his friends and since then I have considered you all my second family, a home way from home (:

This young man is named Noah, or as we all know him... Wooton(:

wow, thanks Renae.

ONCE APON A TIME.....(yeah, I know, my story's already boring.) ehem....ONCE APON A TIME I signed up for Odyssey Scoop newsletter, checked my emails. I got an email from OS about the SS...I joined.....um...........THE END!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 am 
Pistachio

Wooton Bassett wrote:
ONCE APON A TIME.....(yeah, I know, my story's already boring.) ehem....ONCE APON A TIME I signed up for Odyssey Scoop newsletter, checked my emails. I got an email from OS about the SS...I joined.....um...........THE END!

A true epic. Well told Noah, good show.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 am 
Raspberry Ripple

the Valiant wrote:
Aaron Wiley wrote:
the Valiant wrote:

Really? Cool. I thought my opinionated and blunt ways would put me at the end of everyone's 'Favorites' list. That's nice to know although I wouldn't have stopped being so honest if everyone hated it ;) . If you're going to be nice, I guess I'll be nice too and say that I feel the same about your posts. You always have some interesting twist and your wit adds that needed humor.
You're a sweetheart Marybeth--I know you would have.

I like people who are blunt and opinionated. They are interesting, and a good laugh. You're funny and interesting, which is why we all like you!

So, one day, I was on the Odyssey Scoop, checking things like I normally do. And I see something for the SS. So I sign up. Make a few posts, and kinda disappear. Come on once in a while, but that was about it. Then I decided to make more of an effort.
I find that I blend in the background more, but that's okay with me. It's what comes of being the fourth non-admin to join.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:13 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey
I was on the Whitsend website and clicked on the link for "Where Odyssey is Not" about a year ago. I really liked the Odyssey Scoop and was exploring on day in August when I noticed and explored the SS. I joined about 15 minutes later, and the rest is history! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 pm 
Lemon Meringue

Aaron Wiley wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:

A true epic. Well told Noah, good show.

Thank you Aaron!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:38 pm 
Fudge Marble

Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....
Wooton Bassett wrote:
Renae wrote:
I have a faio account and have had one ever since it was introduced on whitsend. It was always really boring there and I had only one good friend called Josh :D
One day I noticed that there had been a new user to come on, so I commented on his page and welcomed him. Later he pmd me and thanked me for the comment, he also told me about a much better site called the soda shop and his account there :D I promised him I would check it out and later even I made an account there. This kind young man then introduced me to all his friends and since then I have considered you all my second family, a home way from home (:

wow, thanks Renae.

were you being sarcastic? lol :D

Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:29 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Wow, Noah, that's quite the ending!

Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm 
Caramel Crunch

I came here through mary

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:59 pm 
Lemon Meringue

Renae wrote:
Wooton Bassett wrote:
Renae wrote:

wow, thanks Renae.

were you being sarcastic? lol :D

of course not

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm 
Butter Pecan

Capitalization, Noah, capitilization.

Anyway, I seem to recall that my first post was made in The End of Odyssey, a topic thats all but defunctional now...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm 
Cookies & Creme

James? wrote:
I came here through mary

Yeah, And I'm glad you did, lil' hobbit!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:52 pm 
Fudge Marble

Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....
Lol Wooton!!! Haha gotcha ;)

Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:52 am 
Peanut Butter Cup

i really don't remember how. i was on, found it and joined. it was all a blur right then. I had just gotten to the the States like 2 or 3 weeks earlier and my grandpa had just died...... everything about then was kinda a blur. i was on for a while, then faded, then, here i am!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:27 am 
Caramel Crunch

It's kind of weird.

i was searching the web for AIO Blogs and ran across one you may have heard of: Just Another AIO Blog

I really loved it, and I have to say CT I am a fan!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 pm 
Butter Pecan

Why thank you, God's Little Artist! :D I am truly honored that you found this place through my blog, and I thank you very much for reading. Hmm... this is kind of a pleasant shock for me. I'm constantly surprised and thrilled when I find out about each new reader I didn't know I had. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:29 pm 
Cookies & Creme

The way that I found out was when Garrett shared it on The Ceiling Fan podcast community.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next